Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2021, 05:19 PM   #43

Entegra Owners Club
Welcome to the forum, here you go for the parts list. Excellent post to read from the beginning. https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/her...ml#post5936141
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2021, 08:33 PM   #44

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Should not need to purchase another spare, your original has a 5 year warranty on it. Have Spartan replace it and use that as your spare. Hope you kept it to exchange.
Spartan did not have any available to send me, so they sent me a check for the purchase price. They told me they should have enough back in stock by mid October to sell me a new one. My concern is how long will we have to play this spare DEF head game?
Sugaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 05:08 AM   #45

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugaree View Post
Spartan did not have any available to send me, so they sent me a check for the purchase price. They told me they should have enough back in stock by mid October to sell me a new one. My concern is how long will we have to play this spare DEF head game?
Thanks for letting us know they are out of stock again. Build the Emulator board that is posted and don't worry about carrying a spare again. Also it will not have to be replaced if needed.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 09:49 AM   #46

amen!
Old 10-07-2021, 03:35 PM   #47

Good Evening All,
I apologize if I am not responding correctly but I am hoping someone can help. I went to order the parts to build a DEF Sensor Simulator and found that the Arduino Due Board, has been discontinued! Is there another board that will work?
I Appreciate your help and this site! There is so much useful information being shared!
NMartorano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 03:49 PM   #48

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi Nick. I’m going to assume that what you saw was some sort of “out of stock” notice on the CopperHill Technologies website. Don’t be concerned. The Due was originally specified ONLY because Copperhill makes and sells an interface board that provides screw-terminal connections for the data and power. The thinking was to make the assembly of the DSS as simple as possible for non-technical users to put together. If you check the defsim.myErvin.com website there is alternative hardware listed (ie Arduino UNO and/or atMega2560 with Seeed Studios CANBAS V2 shield). That hardware works just as well as the DUE with the CH shield, so if you're in a hurry order that hardware and use those instructions. If you want to wait a couple of weeks, I have ordered a different board that combines the Arduino processor with the Seeed CANBUS and it offered a screw-terminal wiring interface. Once we determine that it can be used in this application we will update the website with that info.
Another plus is that if it works as we think it will it is a whole lot cheaper like $30-$50 depending on shipping vs CopperHill’s (newly raised) price of $150.
On the other hand, if you need something right away get The UNO/Mega + Seeed V2 and build that.
Archer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 05:19 PM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
Archer2, my uno and seed 2 showed up from Amazon yesterday (along with plug ends and connector) 15 minutes of tinkering and following your great instructions and I’m all set to keep rolling even if the def sensor fails! Can’t thank you guys enough!
Mighty_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 06:04 PM   #50

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
So what years and what model motors do they have that bypass kit does it also work on a 2012 ISB
51chevy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 06:07 PM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
So what years and what model motors do they have that patch kit does it also work on a 2012 ISB
51chevy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 07:08 PM   #52

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_J View Post
Archer2, my uno and seed 2 showed up from Amazon yesterday (along with plug ends and connector) 15 minutes of tinkering and following your great instructions and I’m all set to keep rolling even if the def sensor fails! Can’t thank you guys enough!
Great Jason. Did your build use the Deutsch DT04 connector like in the original instructions or the TE black and yellow connector for Freightliners that was recently posted by user NMBluept in the Tiffin Owners Forum?
Old 10-07-2021, 07:45 PM   #53

Newmar Owners Club
Deutsch DT04. My Ventana 4334 is on the Spartan K2 400 chassis.
Old 10-08-2021, 09:42 AM   #54

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Mighty_J I also want to make clear that the instructions and, for that matter, the whole project is not mine. The team that is responsible is a half a dozen amazingly talented and smart people (plus me) who just wanted to try and solve a problem that was potentially dangerous to innocent RV'ers. Most of them follow these forums but I will leave it up to them to identify themselves if and when they decide to.
Old 10-08-2021, 05:33 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer2 View Post
Hi Nick. I’m going to assume that what you saw was some sort of “out of stock” notice on the CopperHill Technologies website. Don’t be concerned. The Due was originally specified ONLY because Copperhill makes and sells an interface board that provides screw-terminal connections for the data and power. The thinking was to make the assembly of the DSS as simple as possible for non-technical users to put together. If you check the defsim.myErvin.com website there is alternative hardware listed (ie Arduino UNO and/or atMega2560 with Seeed Studios CANBAS V2 shield). That hardware works just as well as the DUE with the CH shield, so if you're in a hurry order that hardware and use those instructions. If you want to wait a couple of weeks, I have ordered a different board that combines the Arduino processor with the Seeed CANBUS and it offered a screw-terminal wiring interface. Once we determine that it can be used in this application we will update the website with that info.
Another plus is that if it works as we think it will it is a whole lot cheaper like $30-$50 depending on shipping vs CopperHill’s (newly raised) price of $150.
On the other hand, if you need something right away get The UNO/Mega + Seeed V2 and build that.
FWIW my ship date for for the DUE board (out of stock) from Copperhill was Oct. 22. Mine arrived early this week. I was lucky and ordered before the above mentioned price increase. Thanks to all who made this workaround possible.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 07:52 PM   #56

Newmar Owners Club
Archer2, totally understood. Hopefully the others involved are feeling the gratitude I’m sending. Perhaps one day soon I’ll be able to drive across the land border into the US and meet some of them at an event! All the best!

Tags
cummins