Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2013, 06:34 AM   #1

Customer Service "after" warranty

the end of our 2 year factory warranty is fast approaching. Any Entegra owner past the 2 year warranty? Has the customer service changed due to the warranty expiring?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2013, 07:55 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lp5151 View Post
the end of our 2 year factory warranty is fast approaching. Any Entegra owner past the 2 year warranty? Has the customer service changed due to the warranty expiring?
I would be greatly surprised if the quality of CS diminishes when out of warranty. Have you been to the factory for your special PDI?
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrzryd View Post
I would be greatly surprised if the quality of CS diminishes when out of warranty. Have you been to the factory for your special PDI?
what is a "special PDI"?

also, since we are on the west coast, it would cost us a few thousand $ in fuel and park fees to make a special trip to the factory for something we can get repaired here on the west coast.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:29 AM   #4

I believe Tom was referring to having the factory perform the maintenance PDI for you. I also believed your subsequent post answered his question.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #5

As Gene would say (except he does it at the end instead of the beginning)--"Just my opinion", but I think once you are in the Entegra FAMILY you will be treated with the same respect and helpfulness that we have all enjoyed during our first two years. Obviously they won't be paying for certain things, but I would be very surprised if their attitudes changed one bit I have said before that I know so little about these things that I had to buy from a company that I could trust. Little did I know that my expectations would be more than fulfilled and that on certain occasions I think Joyce was more worried about an issue than I was!!! From the very top (the two brothers), to Jim Jacobs, on down to the service folks, everyone has taken better care of me than any company I have worked with in the past 40 years.

My money is on Entegra that you will be more than satisfied
iquailhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RISCKY View Post
I believe Tom was referring to having the factory perform the maintenance PDI for you. I also believed your subsequent post answered his question.
That's correct. During your two year warranty, Entegra invites you to the factory for a full special PDI. Not only will they fix your warranty items but will also do a detailed inspection. Often they will find things you aren't even aware of or make upgrades they feel are appropriate.

We called to schedule ours prior to Entegra Owners Summerfest but indicated we didn't think we had any issues. They still told us to plan to be there at least 4 days. I asked what time on our scheduled Monday to be there and they told us to wait out front and at 6:30am sharp someone would be out! Gads, at that hour I'm still on my third dream!
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #7

What does PDI stand for?
Old 03-23-2013, 01:13 PM   #8

PDI = Pre-Delivery Inspection. AKA, Post Delivery Inspection.

It also means: Pretty Darned Important.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #9

We have found Joyce and Tad are less than worried about our issues and more apt to give excuses or offer that they feel that our issue is not really that bad. We are in Florida for vacation, so we came to Lazydays to have things attended to. Our tile floor is terrible, from multiple unlevel tiles to areas of little to no grout. We expressed our concerns for the floor when we ordered and it turned out terrible. If we had hired someone to put tile in our house and it turned out this bad, they would have to tear out the floor and start over or I'd not pay for it. Joyce feels as though it's "Good Enough". Thay have informed us that we have to go to the factory to have the tiles they feel are not "good enough" replaced, but the soonest Appointment is Late August to September. We use our coach for work and those times don't work for us as that is our busy season. Right now is our down time. We are tired of the so called brush off. If they were more dilligent with the level instead of the "Dime Test", All of our floors would be better. Before we bought our coach, the staff was great, but as soon as we pointed out the flaws with the floors they seem to brush us off. We thought that we'd be Entegra for life as we are former TS owners, but this may be our LAST Entegra!!!
Very Disappointed in the Customer Service at this point.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:23 PM   #10

now that the rant is over, I'd like to say if Entegra"s Customer service was as good as Precision Paint's, No Owner would be dissatisfied. We have paint issues also that we have to go back for. Precision has told us they would take care of us on our time frame and apologized to us about any inconvenience it may cause to get back to them.
No Excuses, just fix the problem. Works for us!!
Old 03-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #11

I just have to say-----I can't fathom that You and I are working with the same "Joyce"----for the one that I work with to tell me something on an Entegra is "good enough" is not even in her vocabulary Maybe there was some miscommunication somewhere, but I would encourage you to make contact with Joyce Skinner, and I would bet that you would find a person that will be at least as concerned about your issues as you are, and a good chance that she will be more so than you are.

I have had some issues with my coach in the beginning that were fairly major and the whole Entegra team were busting their fannies to get Spartan and Cummings to take care of me (Joyce led that charge). But just as importantly, the minor issues (not to say that your tile is a minor issue, because I too have the tile issue) were taken care of when they could get the correct people to do them. I fully expect that my tile issues will be taken care of when I take my coach back for the final PDI before it goes out of warranty.

Let me close by saying I know how you feel when we paid this much money for a coach and then have things that are wrong, but having been in the home building business I can understand how these things happen. We all feel your frustration and hope this will work out for you.
iquailhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
Different strokes. I have just the opposite opinion of these two companies.
I think the Entegra C/S is outstanding and for the past two years has gone out of their way to fix things, above and beyond.
As far as Precision I wouldn't give them my business again under any circumstances. The coach went back to them Jan of this year to remove bad buffing swirls and it came out worse than it went in. They did some touch painting in the front, and totally mismatched the finish. Precision may promise you the moon, and I hope they deliver for you.
I guess everyone's perspective is different, depending on their expectations and their approach.
mccsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:18 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
I just have to jump in here as well. Our tile was also done poorly. Dirty grout and uneven tile. Joyce has told us that they "will take care of it" when we bring it back to the factory for the prior to warranty end PDI. The trip to Middlebury is a significant expense for those of us west of the Mississippi, but for us it's worth it not only for the tile issue, but for anything else that might get tweeked while we're there. After our factory tour, and the bragging about the "dime test", we were surprised that they would let such a poor job out the door.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #14

What is the dime test?

'Livin the Dream'
Renegade George is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service