Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2018, 10:52 AM   #1

Cutting it close!

Arrived in Middlebury for the A.I.R. and a bunch of other stuff.

We are are 19 months, but look at the mileage.

BTW, if you’re on the fence about buying a new coach, Entegra appears to be at the top of their game from what I can see.

Joyce, and the entire CS team are fantastic, as usual.

The techs are really working hard, and appear to be getting it done.

Frankly, the last 19 months have been filled with ups and downs, lots of memories, and the unwavering support of Entegra.

There is a LOT to like on the ‘19s, and I wish I had a legit reason to buy one, but for now we are resisting SCS (Shiny Coach Syndrome.)

Honestly, the only bummer about this trip is my family couldn’t be here. Middlebury.. Indiana! Who woulda thunk it?

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2018, 12:51 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Glad to hear your visit(AIR) is going well. I can say that I'm extremely happy with the way we were treated and the work that was done. We had some issues with our dealer and had all our warranty work done at the mother ship, since it was only a few hours away.
jbhobbs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 01:25 PM   #3

Hi Matt. From what I heard at the FMCA rally, the marker light/turn signal issue is going to be changing very soon. Keep what you have, let EC add a reflective strip or sign a waiver and forget about the issue completely. Have you heard anything yet today about it?
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 01:38 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Matt, can it really be so...Entegra at the top of their game after being purchased over a year ago by Thor Industries!!! Guess the "sky isn't falling"...yet! LOL
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 01:51 PM   #5

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Arrived in Middlebury for the A.I.R. and a bunch of other stuff.

...BTW, if you’re on the fence about buying a new coach, Entegra appears to be at the top of their game from what I can see.

Joyce, and the entire CS team are fantastic, as usual.

The techs are really working hard, and appear to be getting it done.

Frankly, the last 19 months have been filled with ups and downs, lots of memories, and the unwavering support of Entegra...

-Matt
Thanks, Matt, for the very positive report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Matt, can it really be so...Entegra at the top of their game after being purchased over a year ago by Thor Industries!!! Guess the "sky isn't falling"...yet! LOL
Well, said, Dave!
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:33 PM   #6

For some reason the mileage picture didn’t upload, let’s try again.

The light issue will resolve itself. There are currently 2 options Entegra is offering that meet the approval of NHTSA, or you can do nothing if you prefer to retain your lights. I completely understand Entegras position, and I’ll let the company speak for itself beyond that. I urge anyone with a question on this subject to contact Entegra directly.

It’s easy to confuse compliance with the law, and satisfying the recall. They are really 2 separate things.

The bottom line is this, as of today if you want to clear the recall you must complete one of the options currently being offered by Entegra. Regardless of how compliant with the law various owner solutions may be, they will not satisfy the recall.

Silly, I know.

I would be only speculating if I suggested there will be another effort to satisfy NHTSA on this recall. Frankly, I doubt that is likely to happen.

I can say that upon leaving, our lights will be the same ones I drove up with.

-Matt

P.S. Here is why I started this post to begin with..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BCBFD855-6C83-40ED-B266-49762B10C88A.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	196127  
Old 03-20-2018, 04:04 PM   #7

Very timely info, thanks! I’m pulling in Monday for my AIR/warranty punch list. Since my AquaHot is wacko I hope they address that first! Hasn’t been an issue in South Georgia but Middlebury looks to be a tad chilly. Sure love the fireplace! I’ll have the discussion with them on Monday about the recall. Will be pulling in at about the same mileage Matt, would have been over if it hadn’t been for foot surgery shelving my wandering. But according to the Entegra warranty department the 24K allowed does not include miles accumulated in delivery from
Entegra to my dealer (NIRVC of course!).
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 04:04 PM   #8

Doggone, Matt! How did you manage to put that many miles on a, what, 2 year old rig????? You mentioned your family, I'm assuming you're not just talking about just your significant other...how do you manage so many miles?? I am the original owner of my 2007 Holiday Rambler Imperial (2019 Cornerstone ordered!) and only have 77000 miles on 'er. That is travelling with better half and 2 school age kids (at the time) and not home schooled.
Just wondering!!!! Glad your experience with the mothership has been good! I'll be using them when I have issues with my CS!

Safe travels!

Gregg
GreggBuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 04:09 PM   #9

Yes Joyce is a peach as well as her team!
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 04:51 PM   #10

Hi Gregg, we seem to have been traveling a bit lately. If you average the total miles on this coach and our last, we average 6600 miles per year. In your case, you’ve managed 7000 miles per year. Either way, we are both doing the very best thing, using our toys.

We didn’t plan it, but we went Coast to Coast two years in a row, and spend the better part of last summer on the road, SD, CO mostly.

We travel routinely with my wife and 2 small kids, and our dog. We’ve also been taking my mother in Law on 2 trips and my mom on 1 big trip.

This summer we will do a more sedate repeat of last summer, but only one stop in mind, Tiger Run in Breckenridge, CO. I’ll drive to work in July and enjoy the mountains when I’m not at TK.

Are you still active at UAL? I’m an LCA/Evaluator on the 737.

These are the good old days, and I’m squeezing every one dry with my family.

Congratulations on ordering your new coach. I can assure you the difference between your existing coach, and the new one will simply amaze you. I’d compare it to the difference between the 787 and the 727. Both Boeings have pointy ends and burn Jet-A, and that is about where the similarities end.

I’ve seen the guts and how they make these coaches up close, and your money is very well spent. IMHO Entegra is closer to what you’re dreaming of, than any other coach. Really well made.

That the standard seems high at 15 coaches per week is simply astounding.

-Matt
Old 03-20-2018, 04:52 PM   #11

I am also leaving here with the same side marker lights I came with, for sure!, Folks here are doing a great job and faster than I thought, now off to paint, which could be a bottle neck. Hope not!
Old 03-20-2018, 05:26 PM   #12

Hey Matt!
Thanks for the reply! A man (and family!) after my own heart! You've been doing pretty much we have been doing! My "youngin's" are now almost 20 (sophomore in college) and 18, (finishing up senior year in HS, heading to Mount Saint Joseph University to play football in August). Travelling now is pretty much just me (767 Captain in ORD) and my better half (A-300 Captain UPS). We will eventually start spending more and more time on the road and just fly to where we need to be to hit our trips. Can't wait to actually drive our new coach! I enjoy our Imperial but am looking forward to the Best Handling, Quietest Coach on the road!!!

Be well, fly safe and happy trails!!!

Gregg and Jodi!
GreggBuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 04:10 AM   #13

That sounds like a great plan. Hope we can meet up somewhere down the road.

Best Regards,

-Matt
Old 04-05-2018, 01:36 PM   #14

I met you in Ouray last fall. I KNOW that you have had a lot of crazy things go wrong, but I am impressed that you are still loyal and firmly in Entegra's corner! Sending you 5 attaboys!
midasman is offline   Reply With Quote