Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2019, 11:38 AM   #15

On my 2012 Aspire the evap does not come out from inside. The evaporator is removed from the firewall from outside of the coach. It is accessible via the generator access. I replaced mine about three months ago because it was leaking. A bit awkward to work on but not that difficult. It is a combo evaporator and heater core in a single unit...sorta pricey! The bottom photo is a shot looking up at the evap from the gen door...yellow is leak detector dye.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C3DC84E5-03E2-4D32-9F5B-5CE6241CB06F.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	411.9 KB
ID:	260538   Click image for larger version

Name:	3787B11E-C520-49FC-80AF-561762C1319F.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	358.2 KB
ID:	260539  

Name:	0EF2B12E-0927-4EF4-86E1-ACF7320B1398.jpeg
Views:	48
Size:	359.4 KB
ID:	260540  
Motorhead-54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2019, 04:41 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead-54 View Post
On my 2012 Aspire the evap does not come out from inside. The evaporator is removed from the firewall from outside of the coach. It is accessible via the generator access. I replaced mine about three months ago because it was leaking. A bit awkward to work on but not that difficult. It is a combo evaporator and heater core in a single unit...sorta pricey! The bottom photo is a shot looking up at the evap from the gen door...yellow is leak detector dye.

Head, in taking that thing out, did you happen to notice the model number? Service talked to Harris today. They said they thought it was RV201 and said it was installed in a box like enclosure which is installed in the chassis build before installing the dash. They said it would take an experienced installer (one who had done 6 or so) would take 4 to 4 1/2 hours to replace. They also said getting a replacement was out about a month.

Maybe there was a change between the ‘12 and the ‘15?
TurboDaveTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 04:52 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
You mentioned that combo evaporator was sort of pricey. Where did you get the evaporator? I have an extended warranty that will cover but I expect it would be pricey!

Thanks!
Old 09-17-2019, 05:04 PM   #18

The core is indeed in a black plastic plenum. In my Aspire, that plenum is bolted to the front of the firewall, just behind the front cap of the RV. It is possible that your Cornerstone is different than my Aspire. If you can open the access cover to your generator and then look up behind the cap and slightly toward the passenger side and snap a photo we’ll know for sure.

I have attached a photo of my model number which was visible when looking up behind the nose cap.

These guys have it in sale right now. I would be surprised if it took a week to arrive after purchase.

https://www.comfortairgr.com/shop/co...9535-ft200484/
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B7811F9F-1B2B-42AB-9695-8CC04B7CBC38.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	260657   Click image for larger version

Name:	2A1BF240-20B8-451B-96A8-4E1ACD0003BC.jpeg
Views:	51
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	260659  

Name:	44786C65-F8AA-4335-9EB9-FE7D508697F9.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	228.9 KB
ID:	260660   Click image for larger version

Name:	402FAAC3-998B-4F91-8B90-2D36FDD49715.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	260661  

Old 09-17-2019, 05:58 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
From the looks of the Part numbers, RV201 maybe a general model number not a specific number. Could your evaporator be just the evaporator? I will go out to coach in the morning and see if I can see any part number. I looked at it yesterday and all I remember was that hole which was where their Snapon Freon sniffer was smelling Freon. The tech guy was in there and I could not get a clear view.

I believe this maybe a Spartan issue since the base chassis is shipped from Spartan with A/C installed. If so, with coach serial number, someone there should have a build sheet and should be able to tell me the model number and SN of the evaporator and compressor. Then it would be more realistic and likely to locate an evaporator.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:41 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDaveTX View Post
Could your evaporator be just the evaporator?
On my Aspire it is definitely a combination evaporator and heater core. If you look at the attached image you will see fittings for two heater hose lines plus an aluminum block with fittings for the high pressure AC lines
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2399960A-BE5B-46DD-9473-AE366B4C691C.jpeg
Views:	46
Size:	320.3 KB
ID:	260701  
Old 09-18-2019, 12:19 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis

Name:	IMG_4159.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	384.9 KB
ID:	260763Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4158.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	254.6 KB
ID:	260764Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4157.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	323.2 KB
ID:	260766Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4156.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	431.5 KB
ID:	260767

I took these shots this morning. Seems that the evaporator part number is identical to yours, which is not surprising. Does your installation look like mine?

When you said “you replaced it”, did you mean that you took this thing out and reinstalled it? If your evaporator will come out through the front, mine should as well! At least in theory.

I suspect many of the owners who have recurring A/C problems may have a leak in the evaporator. It is not as easily accessed, or confirmed so they must be adding Freon and sending them on their way only to return in a week or so.

I appreciate your help and insight on this!
Old 09-18-2019, 12:32 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlwhite View Post
Bill, I've had two issues with my dash A/C. The first time I noticed the condenser fan was not running so I checked the fuse. Fuse was good but when i pushed it back in the fan started running then quit again. Pushing and wiggling the fuse would cause the fan to come back on. Turned out where the wire, on the back side of the fuse panel, had pushed out so was not making good contact. So you might want to check that.

Second problem, fan quit running again but this time all the refrigerant had leaked out. Cummins found a leak where the hose connected to the compressor. They crimped a new fitting on the end of hose, which lasted 3 weeks, but the crimp failed. Have to wait to I get back home to have them fix it again.
Mine has leaked in the same spot as yours twice. Yesterday I had them make the line longer because it was rapped around the side of the engine. I think the movement of the engine or the wait of the hose pulling down or both is the problem . I had the mechanic wire tie the two hoses together and tie then to the top of the engine to take the bounce out of the hose. Im also in the process of making a bracket to hold the hoses. If my bracket works I will post a picture.
Old 09-18-2019, 12:49 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaptain View Post
We just left Entegra a few weeks ago for our 2 year AIR as the warranty expires. We had several items repaired but nothing too major.

Wouldn't you know it, now that we are about a month out of warranty, the dash A/C has quit blowing cold air. I'm wondering if the dash A/C is a Spartan (3 year) warranty item since we're out of Entegra warranty.

Also, I checked and the compressor clutch engages and spins and the evaporator fan turns on when the A/C is turned on at the dash. The hose at the evaporator doesn't get hot. So I'm thinking its either out of freon or a bad compressor. Any ideas for other simple troubleshooting ideas until I can call on Monday. (my gauges are at home, not with me - didn't think I'd need them!).

I had the exact same symptoms you have a couple of months ago. I had a service shop check it out and they found it was low on freon. I was concerned that the AC would fail again within a short time but it has not.

I speculate that if the dash AC does not get used/exercised the seals will begin to dry out. I am adding it to my list of items to exercise monthly when I run the generator, engine, roof AC, Aquahot, etc. So far so good.
2Nailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 01:21 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDaveTX View Post
Attachment 260763Attachment 260764Attachment 260766Attachment 260767

I took these shots this morning. Seems that the evaporator part number is identical to yours, which is not surprising. Does your installation look like mine?

When you said “you replaced it”, did you mean that you took this thing out and reinstalled it? If your evaporator will come out through the front, mine should as well! At least in theory.

I suspect many of the owners who have recurring A/C problems may have a leak in the evaporator. It is not as easily accessed, or confirmed so they must be adding Freon and sending them on their way only to return in a week or so.

I appreciate your help and insight on this!
Your installation looks identical to mine. I did perform the troubleshooting, replacement and recharge of the AC myself but I have a larger than average toolbox, have been an automotive "tinkerer" my entire life and have a general distrust for anyone who does repair work on commission and benefits from quantity of parts sold.

This isn't something the typical average guy would likely want to tackle. Access is a bit limited. The system needs to first be evac'd. The heater lines need to be removed via the simple hose clamps, the two A/C lines need to be disconnected (spanner), and then the screws holding the black plenum (on the two sides and bottom only) need to be removed. At that point the plenum plus combo evap can be slide down and removed out the front.

In your photo where you see the green foam, that is the door that opens and closes whether you have vent air or recirc selected on the dash. It is vacuum operated via the diaphram at the bottom center of your images. You can push that door open with your finger and see the bottom of the evap core. That is where I found the yellow dye and where my freon sniffer went crazy.
Old 09-19-2019, 06:13 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
On my 16 cornerstone I had no cold air out of dash air. The tech at Entegra couldn’t find problem. Called the main air man for a bunch of coach builders and he found problem. The mixing valve on front by gen had a bad o ring. The valve has a heater hose on each side of it, put a clamp on one side, doesn’t matter which side and see if that works. Very easy to change.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:42 PM   #26

Thanks for all the comments. My A/C has been working fine until this trip to Arizona. Would like to try adding freon first. But didn't see a comment where location on coach to add Freon. We have a 2013 Anthem DLG.

Thanks anyone: Lawrence and Christine Nevitt

c
Lwnessence09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:44 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwnessence09 View Post
Thanks for all the comments. My A/C has been working fine until this trip to Arizona. Would like to try adding freon first. But didn't see a comment where location on coach to add Freon. We have a 2013 Anthem DLG.

Thanks anyone: Lawrence and Christine Nevitt

c
Lawrence,

The port to add Freon is up front behind the generator slide cover. Open it up and while kneeling down look up on the PS of the generator for a silver line containing a blue plastic screw on cover. Remove this cover to expose the port for adding Freon.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:45 AM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
Lawrence,

The port to add Freon is up front behind the generator slide cover. Open it up and while kneeling down look up on the PS of the generator for a silver line containing a blue plastic screw on cover. Remove this cover to expose the port for adding Freon.

Lawrence, if you are low on Freon, which seems is common with EC’s, you have a leak in your A/C system. Problem is, it could be anywhere from the evaporator by the generator to the compressor on the engine. Could be either of those or anywhere in between! Been fighting the leak for about a year. Found loose fittings, leaking evaporator, and leaking seals in the compressor. Wrapping up the replacement of the evaporator and compressor this week! Hope this eliminates my leak(s)!

Tags
a/c, dash