Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2013, 07:10 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Dash A/C Tips

I just had the temperature control valve replaced under warranty. It was bad from the get go. The technician was impressive and reminded me to have the dryer can replaced in about four years (failure can ruin the compressor). That can is up high behind the windshield wipers but back on the firewall. He also said to keep an eye on the electric fan located down in the lower left area when the front hatch is open. He pointed out how vulnerable it is to damage due to its location. He said it should be running anytime the a/c is on but it can be jammed by stones, sticks and even a mud dobber nest if the couch has been sitting for a while. I'm just passing this along. It was good info to me and might be to you. I think I will fashion a guard under that fan from some aluminum bracing and hardware cloth.
Kuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for the info. Yet another thing added to my maintenance list.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for that heads up. I have made a note of it.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
On my 13 Aspire that fan runs even when not running the AC. Is this normal? Thanks

Dave
Old 12-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuppajoe View Post
I just had the temperature control valve replaced under warranty. It was bad from the get go. The technician was impressive and reminded me to have the dryer can replaced in about four years (failure can ruin the compressor). That can is up high behind the windshield wipers but back on the firewall. He also said to keep an eye on the electric fan located down in the lower left area when the front hatch is open. He pointed out how vulnerable it is to damage due to its location. He said it should be running anytime the a/c is on but it can be jammed by stones, sticks and even a mud dobber nest if the couch has been sitting for a while. I'm just passing this along. It was good info to me and might be to you. I think I will fashion a guard under that fan from some aluminum bracing and hardware cloth.
Easily damaged, he wasn't kidding. I was under the coach last week putting some LED rope in and found that the condenser coil is smashed and bent. The condenser fan is trapped by the bent coil and can't turn. It looks like something hit it while backing up since it's bent forward. The crazy thing is I cannot remember ever hitting something backing up and I have not noticed the dash air not cooling like it always has. Makes me wonder if it's always been this way. That coil hangs down way to low.
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:48 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
About that crazy low condenser TerryO mentioned. I noticed one day cleaning. I hit it with a blast of water and you wouldn't believe the crap I got out of it. It is very vulnerable.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:20 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultratravler View Post
On my 13 Aspire that fan runs even when not running the AC. Is this normal? Thanks

Dave
Dave, Maybe it does run all the time--I'm not sure as we left the coach behind while visiting family for the holidays. From some of these other posts, one might consider screen wire around it at a minimum but hardware cloth is going to give the stronger protection. You can see that the passenger tire can spray dirt and debris forward and those trucks we get behind can certainly contribute a lot of dirt and such to the mix. Another note about our dash air units. They come with an electronic water temperature control valve. In the "old" days, that was a mechanical valve. You had a slide blade on your dash A/C panel to control the temperature. The fancy electronic unit is great until it give up as mine did. That tech put an old-fashioned type in line which I can control by hand. It is left in the cold position unless the electronic fails and you want heat, not cold air coming out of the dash vents. So now I have a fail-safe system. I may never need it but if will be most appreciated if I do!
Kuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash