RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2020, 08:40 PM   #1

Dash GPS, rear camera screens

I have always wanted to put the rear camera view on the top and the GPS on the bottom screen on the Riverpark Xite radio. It appears you can just unplug the video feeds and switch them. Wondering if anyone has done this.
2017 Anthem 44B

thanks

Van Sayler
vsayler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2020, 09:59 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsayler View Post
I have always wanted to put the rear camera view on the top and the GPS on the bottom screen on the Riverpark Xite radio. It appears you can just unplug the video feeds and switch them. Wondering if anyone has done this.
2017 Anthem 44B

thanks

Van Sayler

Possibly but then you may have an issue with the function buttons, they all run on the HDMI on the newer units.
Old 04-09-2020, 10:28 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I swapped mine - at first I just swapped the inputs but when I put it back together and used it I realized it was more annoying than I had anticipated to hit the correct blank button while driving to mute or change volume etc. The buttons are only functional on the screen that has the gps/radio input. I ended up taking the panel off again and swapped the actual monitors so that the lower monitor was the gps/radio and had the labeled buttons. No issues and just a few screws - takes longer to unscrew the panel than anything else really. I much prefer being able to glance at the rear view without having to look down so far to the lower screen. 17 Aspire here.
Holmrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 06:25 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Location: Currently in the PNW, heading south and back to TX in October.
Careful with that dash panel. Had it on my Travel Supreme, now on my Aspire and learned the hard way that if you over tighten the screws the panel will crack. Best to use a hand screw driver, not a power driver.
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 07:23 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Not sure on the newer models, but the 14 the screens were reversible in settings menu if I am not mistaken.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 08:35 AM   #6

Hmmmmmm, well to each his own, but, at least in my experience, I refer to the GPS screen probably 50 to 100 times more frequently than I refer to the rearview camera screen. Not sure why I would want the rear camera higher and easier to read and it has little meaning for most driving situations. The most common thing that I am using the GPS display is that it is showing lane change and positioning information several miles before making a decision of new direction or road junctions, and I would much prefer that information be near me visually and not tucked further away. Again, may be a different way we drive. That is the same reason that I just dont understand why anyone would want their GPS screen displayed on the overhead television.... takes much more time to look at that screen (and not be looking at the road ahead) and interpret what I am trying to figure out than doing the same thing on the top display.

I use my rear camera for two things: 1.) to see/check on what my mirrors are "telling me" about when I am comfortably in front of someone I've passed so that I can come back into my original lane, and 2.) very rarely when backing up the coach.... I use the mirrors 97% of the time and the rear view camera maybe 3% of the time when backing up (maybe a tree limb or fence is the issue).

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 09:33 AM   #7

Okay, I switched the HDMI plugs behind the dash. Got a mess. one screen said no rear camera, the other was greenish. So I switched them back, the rear camera came on for a while and then went off. Radio was dead, wouldn't turn on. Turned off house power, then rear camera came on again (GPS screen dead) and then went off, unit was dead

So called tech support.
1. They reaffirmed Holmrun's point that the buttons that are (on my version) to the left of the screen won't work if you switch the screens via the HDMI cables.
2. On my version (9 inch monitors) you can't really move the screens like Holmrun did, its all one unit.
3. The reason my power wasn't working was some minor connection issues with the HDMI cables, even though they were pushed together, wiggling them got everything to work and turn on, so if no HDMI connection, radio will not turn on. I so intend on reapplying the electrical tape that the factory used to facilitate the connection (must be some poor quality HDMI connectors.....)

So, all in all I am a little bit smarter, a little bit older and won't get to move the screen the way I want to......

Van
vsayler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 01:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsayler View Post
Okay, I switched the HDMI plugs behind the dash. Got a mess. one screen said no rear camera, the other was greenish. So I switched them back, the rear camera came on for a while and then went off. Radio was dead, wouldn't turn on. Turned off house power, then rear camera came on again (GPS screen dead) and then went off, unit was dead

So called tech support.
1. They reaffirmed Holmrun's point that the buttons that are (on my version) to the left of the screen won't work if you switch the screens via the HDMI cables.
2. On my version (9 inch monitors) you can't really move the screens like Holmrun did, its all one unit.
3. The reason my power wasn't working was some minor connection issues with the HDMI cables, even though they were pushed together, wiggling them got everything to work and turn on, so if no HDMI connection, radio will not turn on. I so intend on reapplying the electrical tape that the factory used to facilitate the connection (must be some poor quality HDMI connectors.....)

So, all in all I am a little bit smarter, a little bit older and won't get to move the screen the way I want to......

Van

Well the one thing Gary didn't mention is that on the newer coaches with the digital dash, you can put the NAV or cameras on the instrument panel right in front of you. I drive with the rear cameras at times and NAV at others depending on where I am and what I'm doing.

One thing to look forward to with that new coach.

Tags
camera, dash, gps, scr