Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #1

Question Dash radio question

OK, we have now spent HOURS trying to get this working so we are giving up and asking the pros.....
We are trying to play the dash radio (FM) through the HT system to get better sound. We can actually get it to work but the volume is REALLY loud and we can't find anyway to control the volume. Volume control on the HT remote does not change it and the volume control on the in-dash unit doesn't either. Any suggestions?
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #2

When I have the in dash unit set to AUX and the home theater set to AUX, the in dash volume has to be set high enough to send audio to the HT. Then, the HT volume control will increase and decrease the volume of only the HT system. Suggest you check to be sure the HT remote is set to DVD and not TV when you press the volume button? I can adjust volume on both the HT and in dash unit with the in dash volume control so something doesn't sound right since that doesn't work for you. We have the Samsung HT set up.
Tim McK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:38 AM   #3

I forgot to add congratulations on your new Anthem!!! We are nearly seven weeks post delivery and couldn't be happier. I'm sure you will enjoy yours just as much.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #4

Dianne, one more PS - my response relates to my use if the Sirius radio, not FM.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:07 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
OK, we have now spent HOURS trying to get this working so we are giving up and asking the pros.....
We are trying to play the dash radio (FM) through the HT system to get better sound. We can actually get it to work but the volume is REALLY loud and we can't find anyway to control the volume. Volume control on the HT remote does not change it and the volume control on the in-dash unit doesn't either. Any suggestions?
Is the HT unit Samsung or Bose?
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #6

It is Samsung (we missed the boat on the Bose system and other "forced options"). We are trying to just play an FM station (not Sirius) but have the sound come through the HT. We can't find any way to adjust the volume.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
OK, I don't know all of the things you have tried but it sounds like you have been hitting the "house mode" button on the dash radio. For you and I, that button means nothing(never use it, it will only blast your ears). It is only for the Bose system. Your radio is connected to the aux side of the Samsung unit as a "line in" which means the volume is only controlled at the ht unit. With the front radio set to whatever you want, set the Samsung unit to aux, wait a few seconds and it should be there. The bedroom unit is also hooked to the front radio in the same way.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:20 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
OK, I don't know all of the things you have tried but it sounds like you have been hitting the "house mode" button on the dash radio. For you and I, that button means nothing(never use it, it will only blast your ears). It is only for the Bose system. Your radio is connected to the aux side of the Samsung unit as a "line in" which means the volume is only controlled at the ht unit. With the front radio set to whatever you want, set the Samsung unit to aux, wait a few seconds and it should be there. The bedroom unit is also hooked to the front radio in the same way.
AWESOME.....thanks Gary - that worked just like you said.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:37 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
You guys have made me crazy. My dash radio when AUX is selected sez "No video detected". When I go to the mode page, I am offered "Aux Zone" at the bottom. When I select that, I get sirius on the display, but no sound through the house speakers with the bluray player in aux. Volume up HIGH on both units. Ideas?
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #10

This whole audio arrangement is a continuing journey of discovery for me, and makes me nuts. Cobbersdad, try touching the "House Mode" button at the left bottom of the Mode screen. With the Sirius Radio on, and Aux selected on the Samsung home theater, Sirius Radio plays through the HT speakers and stops playing through the usual dash unit speakers. Press the House Mode button again, and the sound returns to the dash unit forward speakers.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Probably an excellent solution, but I do not have a House Mode option. Different system?
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
"House Mode" is only on the 2014 models and is only for the Bose System. It does nothing positive if you have the Samsung system. I guess Riverparkinc had the dash radio ready before Entegra was ready to "force the option" for the Bose system, so for those of us that got early 2014's, we have a house mode dash radio and a Samsung HT.

Cobbersdad, I am not familiar with what is on the 2013 Aspire. I don't think the dash radio is connected to the house system. The Aux zone defaults to whatever is programmed in "Settings"(see mode screen). In your case it is the camera. You can pull the bezel where the radio is located and see if there is anything connected to "aux in or aux out" on the radio(the wires are identified). You might first look on the back of the Samsung unit and see if cables are plugged into the aux connectors. If not, they are definitely not connected. If there are wires connected, check the dash radio.
My 2011 Anthem was not connected, the 2014 is. The capability was there in the 2011 but the 2 radios were not connected until I connected them.

Tags
dash, radio