Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2014, 07:19 AM   #1

Day after tomorrow

Well chuck how is the coach? hopefully no news means great news
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2014, 12:34 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
I'm sorry to report it is not good news. Major air leak not fixed and they cannot seem to find it. Paint not corrected and the jacks making enough noise to wake up the dead. Not sure where we are going from here.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
I'm sorry to report it is not good news. Major air leak not fixed and they cannot seem to find it. Paint not corrected and the jacks making enough noise to wake up the dead. Not sure where we are going from here.

Bummer! .... sorry Chuck.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:48 PM   #4

JMO, but Entegra has had more then enough chances along with LD to get it right.
HuntingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:11 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck if you wanted a completely sorted coach, you should have gotten a 2 year old coach because that is how long it's taken each and everyone of us to get the bugs sorted out! Took me 2 years on my first Anthem and it will take 2 years on this one! In the mean time, look at all the great campfire stories you are making! It will all get fixed. For now, Enjoy happy hour. I'm sure you will find some people there that have some really sad stories about the poor structure of their coach. And that is really hard to fix!!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:00 PM   #6

Nor'easters Club
Wow, that's very disappointing to hear especially after what you've already been through. I wanted to believe that Entegra was an improved version of Travel Supreme, but it starting to sound like that may not be the case. Too many people with too many issues.

For example:
1) I have read of many coaches with paint issues (severe orange peel & poor coverage).
2) Recently there seems to be a lot of issues with noisy jacks. TS used the same Equalizer System jacks and I never heard of any issues from TS owners. This isn't cutting edge technology, hydraulic jacks/lifts are pretty common in heavy industries and have been around a long time. Is this Equalizer or did Entegra do something improper with the installation (ie: wrong hoses, fluid,??).
3) We have read about many handling problems taking the owners several trips to a shop to get resolved.

I've read about other issues that people are having, but these seem to be very common and there really is no excuse for it. Despite what some people believe, a motorhome is not a very complicated machine. It is just several different and relatively simple systems attached to a single unit.

Although Nowabeachbum may be correct about taking years to sort out the problems, I hope that is not always the case.

Good luck and hopefully they can work this out to you satisfaction.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:07 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Sorry to hear that Chuck, keep at them until it is right.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:36 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor_lou View Post
Wow, that's very disappointing to hear especially after what you've already been through. I wanted to believe that Entegra was an improved version of Travel Supreme, but it starting to sound like that may not be the case. Too many people with too many issues.

For example:
1) I have read of many coaches with paint issues (severe orange peel & poor coverage).
2) Recently there seems to be a lot of issues with noisy jacks. TS used the same Equalizer System jacks and I never heard of any issues from TS owners. This isn't cutting edge technology, hydraulic jacks/lifts are pretty common in heavy industries and have been around a long time. Is this Equalizer or did Entegra do something improper with the installation (ie: wrong hoses, fluid,??).
3) We have read about many handling problems taking the owners several trips to a shop to get resolved.

I've read about other issues that people are having, but these seem to be very common and there really is no excuse for it. Despite what some people believe, a motorhome is not a very complicated machine. It is just several different and relatively simple systems attached to a single unit.

Although Nowabeachbum may be correct about taking years to sort out the problems, I hope that is not always the case.

Good luck and hopefully they can work this out to you satisfaction.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy
Lou, I absolutely agree it shouldn't be this way but let me point out that the 3 examples you are using are all supplier problems and not directly Entegra. Certainly Entegra is ultimately responsible but the 3 suppliers you are talking about, at least 2(Precision and Spartan) are representing the best product in their field.
I think Entegra's real problem is, they are building too many too fast.
I saw a definite difference between our 2011 Anthem and our 2014. The mistakes that were made on the 2011 were from inexperience in the class A business and Jayco personnel trying to build Travel Supremes with zero prints. My 2014 represents them trying to build it as fast as possible without any major mistakes(minor ones can get picked up later). I have been to the factory a few times, so I can see that they are putting in place processes to make manufacturing smoother but they are just using the time savings to build more, not better.
Until they do, we as customers, have the choice to put up with it or buy something else. I unfortunately haven't heard of any motorhome currently built, that is delivered trouble-free.
I guess the good news is so far I have never heard of a major problem that can't be fixed so when buying a new Entegra, patience continues to be a virtue!
Old 03-26-2014, 04:05 PM   #9

My only question us how can they tell you it's ready for delivery when it has a major air leak? What kind of cartoon characters are you dealing with? You must be a very nice person, because this would push me too far. Again it's not an issue of whether these coaches have problems we all know they do. What is the issue is it a dealer keeps telling you this thing is ready for delivery and it clearly isn't. I'd walk make them eat the coach and go by someplace else.
Fasteddie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:47 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Interesting set of threads. It seems that the principles here (Entegra and Lazy Days) are willing to make it right no matter how much of Chuck's time it takes. After all, they have his money, and he has that sick feeling in the pit of his stomach. I suppose he will have to continue to pay on his note (assuming he has one) whether or not he has a serviceable Motor Home. No one makes that right. My 2013 spent 5 of its first 7 months "stored" at Lazy Days (Tucson). No recourse, no extension of the warranty. Like Chuck, I was stuck with them. I now really like my rig (haven't reached "love it" level yet) but I'm wondering how they will treat me at the factory with my floor tile and exterior paint issues in June.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:11 PM   #11

http://www.orlandorvdirect.com/index...ortby/location These are ready to go But you wont get the club membership though. But im not sure if chuck ready to spend anymore time at the club/ sorry chuck
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:27 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Go the web site "Outside our Bubble" These folks refused a custom built Winney and had Tiffin do a new coach for them. Despite them watching and filming the entire process they have issues. Check out the site. 100 percent satisfaction seems to be impossible no matter how much you spend or who builds it I am sure Entegra will get it right and Chuck will be happy. We all have at least some stories we didn't expect to be telling. Joyce I am sure is pulling her hair out as she has so much pride in her job and the Entegra experience. The good news is that it isn't an airplane - that would be a real issue. John
Flora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:35 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
http://www.orlandorvdirect.com/index...ortby/location These are ready to go But you wont get the club membership though. But im not sure if chuck ready to spend anymore time at the club/ sorry chuck
Please stop insinuating that RVone is any better, they are not!
Old 03-26-2014, 05:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
Chuck if you wanted a completely sorted coach, you should have gotten a 2 year old coach because that is how long it's taken each and everyone of us to get the bugs sorted out! Took me 2 years on my first Anthem and it will take 2 years on this one! In the mean time, look at all the great campfire stories you are making! It will all get fixed. For now, Enjoy happy hour. I'm sure you will find some people there that have some really sad stories about the poor structure of their coach. And that is really hard to fix!!
They worked on my Cornerstone 2 1/2 years and needed more when I traded it. I think us Travel Supreme owners expected MORE. Too many first coach buyers/Entegra owners expect a coach with problems. My Newmar had a very short list at first and 2 items now.

Hope the best bro!
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote