Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2017, 04:26 PM   #183

I do NOT agree this was a slap of the wrist on NIRVC. On the contrary, I read the 12 page decision, and the judge stated that Jayco alleged illegal sales of new Entegra coaches in Texas but did not offer any evidence to support the allegation.

Here's the Judge's exact comments on Angie:

"Ms. Morell is, by all accounts, good at her job. Between June 29, 2015 and December 10, 2016, she sold 52 Entegra Coach motor homes for National Arizona and National Georgia in Arizona and Georgia to customers residing throughout the United States and Canada. Ms. Morell's sales made her eligible for Entegra Coach's Chairman's Club Sales Incentive Program, and at some point after December 2016 she submitted a claim to Jayco for a ring and Rolex watch based upon those sales. Jayco, in turn, sent her both the ring and the watch in recognition of her "superior dedication in selling [Entegra Coach] motor coaches."

The Judge further stated:

"Jayco submitted a list of Ms. Morell's customers and their addresses which shows that they resided in 19 different states (including one in Indiana) and/or Canada. But Tadd Jenkins, the President of National and its subsidiaries, attests in his affidavit that Ms. Morell's sales and all other Entegra Coach motor home sales were made "by National Arizona in Arizona or by National Georgia in Georgia." Jayco hasn't presented any evidence to the contrary."

It appears to me that Jayco and their lawyers got their wrists slapped on their home court in the heart of the RV manufacturing world by an Elkhart judge. Lots of allegations, with no evidence to support them.

I took the time to look all this up and post it because I bought my last coach from Angie and know that her character would not allow her to break the rules or the law. It was a low blow and cheap shot for Entegra to file suit and go after a lone sales associate. I have bought an Entegra from each of the big three dealers, and NIRVC is by far the straightest shooting, most consistent with great service after the sale, and customer-friendliest dealer I have ever dealt with.

Now, I will be the first to admit we have all been speculating where this would go and why Jayco would pursue this course of action. Is someone at Jayco pushing an agenda to attack their largest dealer, or are other forces behind all of this? I suspect in the weeks, months and maybe years ahead we will find out as documents become public and judges make rulings. Until then we can all have fun speculating where this is going. The games have begun and has been said, round one to NIRVC!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2017, 06:45 AM   #184

Newmar Owners Club
52 coaches ,wow. Looks like a bit of envy playing out here by the complaining dealer. They probably should investigate internally why they could not have sold those 52 coaches and why customers enjoyed dealing with their competitor more. . I see know why the company took the suit to a court who could not rule only offer their opinion, the court said what the manufacturer would not to the complaing dealer.
gimlimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 07:18 AM   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
You may be right about that. This notifies NIRVC that they shouldn't be doing what they did and it also placates whomever was behind the complaint. It's a slap on the wrist for NIRVC and a "see, I took care of the problem" for whomever complained. Win, win for both without destroying the relationship.
Your statement presumes NIRVC was performing sales as alleged in the original complaint. Do you have any factual information to base that statement on?

You see, the reason I ask is that I was actually at NIRVC (Lewisville) during the timeframe the secret shopper "caught" NIRVC doing something they shouldn't have.

While there, we spoke of sales and both Angie and Brett were crystal clear they couldn't sell out of Lewisville. They referred me to their Fly In Drive Out program in Atlanta or Phoenix (which was just getting spooled up). They explained the franchise agreements and indicated attempting to purchase from their facility was not a possibility.

This wasn't a wink and a nod conversation. NIRVC could easily have fudged to make a sale, they didn't even entertain it.

I base my opinion on personal experience with the question at hand, and in my conversation with the players involved, during the same timeframe.

My opinion is that I would really like to know more about the secret shopper, and who they actually worked for, and exactly what they allege.

In short, I call BS on this entire complaint, until some factual information can be presented.

That is my personal opinion.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 07:22 AM   #186

Frankly, this lawsuit is probably the best thing to happen for Angie's resume.

Any dealer would kill to have such a great person selling.

-Matt
Old 09-29-2017, 01:06 PM   #187

And that was 52 Entegras. Think of the total coaches she sold since they also sell Newmar's. Double that number. Just simply incredible.
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 05:31 PM   #188

Interesting to be in the judge's decision. ...(including one in Indiana)...

Steve
Old 09-29-2017, 07:01 PM   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Your statement presumes NIRVC was performing sales as alleged in the original complaint. Do you have any factual information to base that statement on?

You see, the reason I ask is that I was actually at NIRVC (Lewisville) during the timeframe the secret shopper "caught" NIRVC doing something they shouldn't have.

While there, we spoke of sales and both Angie and Brett were crystal clear they couldn't sell out of Lewisville. They referred me to their Fly In Drive Out program in Atlanta or Phoenix (which was just getting spooled up). They explained the franchise agreements and indicated attempting to purchase from their facility was not a possibility.

This wasn't a wink and a nod conversation. NIRVC could easily have fudged to make a sale, they didn't even entertain it.

I base my opinion on personal experience with the question at hand, and in my conversation with the players involved, during the same timeframe.

My opinion is that I would really like to know more about the secret shopper, and who they actually worked for, and exactly what they allege.

In short, I call BS on this entire complaint, until some factual information can be presented.

That is my personal opinion.

-Matt

30 miles away is the mega dealer for Entegra,,,
Need we say more on who the secret shopper was...
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 09:17 PM   #190

The shopper was a private investigator hired by Jayco. Outlined in the filings with the court.
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 06:00 AM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaynes754 View Post
The shopper was a private investigator hired by Jayco. Outlined in the filings with the court.

The implication from some is that this is a totally baseless legal action. It would be rare for any large corporation to take legal action against one of their main dealers without any validity in their claims. Is it possible? Yes, of course. Is it likely that Jayco is doing this on a whim? Probably not.
Old 10-01-2017, 09:08 AM   #192

Ok, the shopper was in fact hired by Jayco, but I still question the information reported back to Jayco.

I suspect this lawsuit will die a quiet death and if it ever sees enough time in a new venue for the discovery process to begin, we will see the entire picture.

-Matt
Old 10-01-2017, 09:34 AM   #193

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I suspect this lawsuit will die a quiet death and if it ever sees enough time in a new venue for the discovery process to begin, we will see the entire picture.

-Matt

After speaking with Brett from National Indoor, I get the sense that he's looking for a war not a peace accord! Only time will tell!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:59 AM   #194

A war that NiRVC will lead or one that will be launched again by Jayco?

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 11:54 AM   #195

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
A war that NiRVC will lead or one that will be launched again by Jayco?

Gary

Let's just say National Indoor didn't start it but they plan on making sure Jayco wishes they hadn't!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 11:57 AM   #196

Oh........ :an gel:

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, ems, problems