Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2017, 05:07 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post

I was excited to learn that NIRV could handle the service for my coach. Not only do I prefer them (so far at least). They seem to have a stellar following here and they are much closer to my home. So they are more convenient for me to use. Hopefully my assessment of it is just two dealers pi$$ing at each other is all this is and the manufacture has been drawn in reluctantly.

Having bought at MHSRV they are your authorized Entegra service center in Texas . Any coach work done at NIRVC (Lewisville only) while they can do the work will require you to pay the bill and request reimbursement from EC. Just had this discussion with Angie and she made it very clear.

They have done much of my Chassis work because MHSRV does not offer the service therefore there is no legal issue requiring me to pay up front!
MxChief66-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2017, 09:29 PM   #44

Entegra Owners Club
FWIW - and not trying to sidetrack the thread - Entegra was always very prompt when reimbursing us. And other Jayco/Entegra dealerships were paid direct. Only non-affiliated service centers had to paid by us. And they still pre-approved all work. We didn't have any work done by RV One.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:56 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomertx View Post
Personally we won't be back to MHSRV . . . they would only allow a test drive if we paid a non-refundable deposit on a specific unit . . . sorry, but for a $300k potential purchase that just wasn't going to happen. Besides which, we've pretty much abandoned the new unit purchase . . . we are too old and too ready to travel to spend a year inspecting a new coach for the manufacturer.
WHAT??!!!?? A non-refundable deposit!?!

When we purchased back in March, MHSRV did not even ask or check to see if I had a drivers license, much less if it was the proper class of license.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:06 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxChief66-1 View Post
Having bought at MHSRV they are your authorized Entegra service center in Texas . Any coach work done at NIRVC (Lewisville only) while they can do the work will require you to pay the bill and request reimbursement from EC. Just had this discussion with Angie and she made it very clear.

They have done much of my Chassis work because MHSRV does not offer the service therefore there is no legal issue requiring me to pay up front!
Mark - Thanks! That is what I figured but was hoping was not true. I had not contacted NIRVC about service yet. Looks like we have a 6~8 week period starting at the end of this month that we are not traveling. Hopefully MHSRV can get everything on my punch list taken care of during that time frame.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:03 AM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

When we purchased back in March, MHSRV did not even ask or check to see if I had a drivers license, much less if it was the proper class of license.
But did you ask for a test drive BEFORE you purchased ?

I have to second what BoomerTx said...

We live 20 minutes up the road from MHSRV and have sent them much business over the years because of their selection, BUT, when we went to buy they would not let us test drive either...

I'm like WHAT !?!?! I drive my coach down here to see about a trade, I have an 850 credit score, and you want me to buy it without a test drive ?

That's why I drove the hour up to Lewisville to NIRV... but, we couldn't come to terms enough for me to trade :(
Old 07-07-2017, 10:30 AM   #48

Yes. We test drove before committing or even agreeing to purchase. They knew we were serious buyers based on prior phone conversations. We were not a walk-in and did make an appointment to assure the salesman we had been talking with would be there when we planed on being there. None of our prior conversations included any personal information that would provide enough information to be able to run any credit check. Until we finally sat down to do paperwork, all they knew about me was my name (not legal name) and my cell phone number.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:50 AM   #49

The standard franchise example, like fast food or real estate franchise, isn't quite the same as this situation. There are sales/franchise territories for both. But if one food place does a better job of selling/advertising/service then even if I live right across the street from one of the other franchise locations that franchisee has no claim if I choose to go to the other location to buy. Same could be said for all of the local stores that could claim they were harmed by Amazon.

This may come down to, as someone else pointed out, where did the legal transaction occur. And as others have said we can all shop via the internet and buy from whatever dealer we want.
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:37 AM   #50

I was not permitted to drive the Anthem I bought from MHSRV until after I signed the paperwork. The first time I drove it was after I "owned" it

There is another frequent commenter on here (RubiconTrail) that flew from California to Dallas to seriously buy a '17 Cornerstone on the lot at MHSRV but was told be could not drive his coach until after the deal was finalized, at which point he decided not to buy the coach, jumped back on the plane and flew back to California, and bought his Cornerstone from NiRVC in Phoenix.

I don't know if MHSRV is changing their policy to be a little more "buyer friendly" after losing some big sales or if this all boils down to the luck of the draw on salesmen, but the inconsistency is SURE strange.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:49 AM   #51

I also was at MHSRV and was told could not test drive with out signing contract to buy and give an insurance card I came back to Florida and bought a new Cornerstone from Lazydays.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:58 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaynes754 View Post
The standard franchise example, like fast food or real estate franchise, isn't quite the same as this situation. There are sales/franchise territories for both. But if one food place does a better job of selling/advertising/service then even if I live right across the street from one of the other franchise locations that franchisee has no claim if I choose to go to the other location to buy. Same could be said for all of the local stores that could claim they were harmed by Amazon.

This may come down to, as someone else pointed out, where did the legal transaction occur. And as others have said we can all shop via the internet and buy from whatever dealer we want.
My fast food example was not where you bought the food, but whether or not another franchise was located within a "protected zone" by a franchise agreement. Reading through he complaint seems to be an alleged infringement on the franchisee's rights within that territory.

I would think that there would be two parts to the transaction. The first would be whether or not there was a representation by the dealer that they could sell Entegra's from that store. The second part would definitely come down to where did the transaction consummate. Either or both of those factors could determine liability by the dealer.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:03 PM   #53

Dealership problems

http://rvdailyreport.com/opinion/opi...yco-complaint/

This ia an interesting article that I stumbled across this evening. The author has covered the RV industry for a number of years and he makes some interesting observations.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:15 PM   #54

Quote:

We've heard that from several others . . . don't know why the told us what they did. It was late Jan and we don't remember the salesman's name but he was insistent. I told them I didn't even want to drive, merely ride along while they drove, didn't work????

We've pretty much moved on anyway, unless they get a used one we are interested in then we may try again. Interestingly, Prosales RV told us several times to just let them know which one or ones we were interested in and a test drive would be no problem. Must say the atmosphere at Prosales is far more relaxed.

Thanks for the input, we will definitely keep it in mind in the future.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:34 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Opinion: Sour grapes or legitimate Jayco complaint? | RV Daily Report

This ia an interesting article that I stumbled across this evening. The author has covered the RV industry for a number of years and he makes some interesting observations.
This was my first thought when I opened this thread.
Flynryan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 05:10 AM   #56

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomertx View Post
We've heard that from several others . . . don't know why the told us what they did. It was late Jan and we don't remember the salesman's name but he was insistent. I told them I didn't even want to drive, merely ride along while they drove, didn't work????

We've pretty much moved on anyway, unless they get a used one we are interested in then we may try again. Interestingly, Prosales RV told us several times to just let them know which one or ones we were interested in and a test drive would be no problem. Must say the atmosphere at Prosales is far more relaxed.

Thanks for the input, we will definitely keep it in mind in the future.

I purchased thru MHSRV and was told up front that I couldn't drive the unit until we had agreed on price. My initial thought was why the heck am I going to "negotiate the buy" before driving, but after realizing that they don't know me from the man in the moon, and their inventory represents millions of dollars I checked my ego and understood them attempting to weed out the serious from the curious.

I would also like to add that I am glad that the coach I purchased from them was not driven by every looked loo who walked on their lot.

Just my .02
UncleJamie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, ems, problems