Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2021, 06:21 PM   #43

Another vote for a heated water hose as it's worth the money. As others have also indicated, fill your tanks and remove your hose
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2021, 02:27 AM   #44

We have a heated water hose. Listen to local weather, if it gets towards freezing we use it.
dougrichards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 06:45 AM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
I use quick connects and a presure regulator with a guage. I pull that off and drain it if the temp is predicted to be near freezing or below. Unless I know the area I'll probably pull it of with predictions of below 40.
Old 12-06-2021, 06:57 AM   #46

I stay on the safe side of right!If it*s that season or that time of year I always disconnect and use fresh water tank.When you think about it there is absolutely NO effort involved at all.
BOSTONBERNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 07:02 AM   #47

I don't worry about cold temps

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayandWendy View Post
For those of you who have dealt with freezing nights, how low do you let the temperature get before unhooking your water line?
Later...
Ray
I am as close to a full timer as one can be, without being retired. I work at different sites as a consultant and live in my RV while I am away from home. I have made some modifications and purchased some cold weather products at Camping World. I can attest to the insulated water line with heat strip, it has kept my water flowing in sub 0 temps. I had a marine toilet installed and have no problems leaving both the gray and black water valves open all year round. This way the valves and tanks don't freeze up. If campground power is "ify", you can have solar panels charging the coach batteries, with an alarm status if AC fails. A good system can send a message to your cell phone.

I hope this helps.
Lovemy350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 09:51 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayandWendy View Post
I've been pulling it in any night they predict 32 or below. Just wondering if I was cutting it to close.
Later...
Ray
As almost 80 yrs of cold weather has taught us:don't judge the forecast until it's yesterday's news.

We have quick discounts on our hoses so it's 1 minute to disconnect & drain them & the filters.

If the forecast within a mile or two is 36-40 we disconnect & drain.

Above 40 it's look @ winds. No wind & we're in a valley & forecast is below 42: disconnect & drain. Cold sinks!

A good indicator is what are the local orchards doing?

Finaly we set our filters in a 5 gal bucket full of water if we're not draining & put foam insulation around all metal parts like the quick connects & pressure regulator just incase .
Living @ 9,600" & lower with winds etc. sometimes we guestamate wrong. But always set it up so water hydrant is off if you don't know.

T
Mot W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 05:39 PM   #49

If you have Aqua Hot do not let the water run. It messes with the AH sensors, and will keep you from getting heat, as the system is designed to heat water as priority.
Old 12-08-2021, 03:46 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschupp View Post
If you have Aqua Hot do not let the water run. It messes with the AH sensors, and will keep you from getting heat, as the system is designed to heat water as priority.
Let cold water drip....
Old 01-15-2022, 12:38 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL420 View Post
You're not the only one who won't be happy. Here's what happens when you leave your hose hooked up and the faucet open in below freezing temperatures.
This small county campground has to dig up and replace 2 or 3 Frost Free hydrants every year even though the camp hosts personally notify every camper when freezing temps are expected.
It's a good thing the county already has a backhoe and operator as they couldn't afford to rent one so often.
I'm amazed and grateful they are even open in the winter. Most campgrounds would at least shutoff all the water in the winter.
[emoji40][emoji382][emoji382]... [emoji382][emoji40][emoji106]
Attachment 350176Attachment 350177
The article linked below kinda 'splains why heat tape and insulation above ground level doesn't prevent Frost Free hose hydrants from freezing and rupturing in the freezing zone below ground level when the valves are open. The city of Green River, WY records frost zones as deep as 5'.
https://wyo4news.com/news/frost-dept...ents-and-city/
[emoji40][emoji382][emoji382]... [emoji382][emoji40][emoji106]
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
free