Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2021, 07:34 PM   #71

Entegra Owners Club
Because you have no need to know. Look, I know Shaw is doing engineering problem solving trying to fix the issue. They’d be idiots not to. That said, Spartan’s virtual lack of any intelligible flow of info to we, the customer, other than pablum has become typical of their approach to class issues…and when resolved, the cost for the fix will be out of your pocket, with no regard to the memories lost, maybe even the time lost, because we can’t trust our very expensive purchases to travel down the road safely and effectively. I agree with others posting here…at the very least, NO COST REPLACEMENT, to all whether under warrantee or not.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2021, 10:51 PM   #72

The manufacturer of the DEF heads (Shaw) will not even answer their phone according to Brobox..... if they won't answer the phone (and supposedly even Spartan has a hard time getting through to them) then they sure as hell are not going to shoulder any responsibility in getting this situation resolved in an equitable way unless someone forces them to. Kick the can down the road and don't promise to do anything more than you promised to do 3 years ago.

And Entegra's and Spartan are sitting there and letting Shaw get away with the whole thing. Yes, kick the can down the road, and hope that the warranty agreement runs out before someone goes broke..... Live up to the warranty for those that fail during the warranty and then act like they have no involvement at all after the warranty, but are willing to sell $1,000 heads to those that need them after their warranty expires. Nice strategy....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 07:03 AM   #73

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Another unanswered question is how much is it going to cost us after the 5 year emissions warranty is over?
It does have a silver lining, if you want to call it that. A replacement DEF head is $700. for the current Generations that fail. It is an easy DIY after watching two being replaced, 45 minutes doing it the first time. Shop rate @ $130. an hour

Beats the radiator replacement of 4 to $5,000. which is too large for most DIY'ers.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 07:23 AM   #74

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by billb3672 View Post
There are many good posts on this thread related to these DEF head failures, but unless i missed it, I haven't seen anyone from the DEF head manufacture, to Spartan, say anything about a Root Cause Analysis to determine what is causing these failures. This is a common practice in Engineering, so why haven't the manufacture of the DEF Heads put out a letter explaining what they are working on to correct this issue. What I see by this letter is, they are all just " Kicking The Can Down The Road " No one want to take responsibility. I know there are shortages of components throughout manufacturing, but these people have had years to deal and correct these failures.
Definition of Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result!
Bill, until an agency such as NHTSA gets involved there is nothing to stop that can from being kicked down the road. The manufacture has proved their position in the problem, 5 years, 6 attempts, waiting on the 7th and the failure rate seems to keep growing with each generation of DEF sensors.

JMO, but with the rush to get caught up with DEF sensors to get people moving again, I look for Gen7's to be a rush to production with no time for improvements. I hope I am wrong.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 05:25 AM   #75

Tiffin Owners Club
Class Action now???

Some great news I discovered on this forum last night. It came from a post about DEF, CUMMINS AND THE EPA. According to this post Cummins and other engine manufacturers have known about the DEF HEAD issue for quite sometime now. The EPA now knows and is working for a fix. Great read and gives a glimmer of hope not to be stuck 400 miles from nearest help when my rv decides to de-rate and strand us.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/more-on-the-def-sensors-per-cummins-516724.html
1340fatboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra, spartan