Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2020, 06:52 PM   #43

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Fox View Post
I’m messing up original thread, but my oil leak turned out to be a dip tube leak. Dip tube is apparently installed by Spartan so I had to consent to Cummins repairing dip tube leak. Who whoulda thought. I don’t have all the details as this was just a phone conversation.
Glad you mentioned Spartan. My leak is the oil fill tube where it bolts to the engine. I will call Spartan back to get that approved for Cummins.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2020, 06:58 PM   #44

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
Chuck, if your chassis build date was 11/19 I’m pretty sure you have the Gen 6 def probe. My 2020 chassis build date is 08/19 and my def head is Gen 6.
Hate to say it, but the DEF sensors are such a problem, Spartan doesn't even know anymore. If I have a Gen 6, so much for those. Mine made it 1,500 miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman62 View Post
Mine was the very first 21 built and it has the gen 6.
Just found out the hard way, those are not bullet proof. Good thing, they are in stock...........this week,
Old 11-16-2020, 07:05 PM   #45

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
What code reader are you using?
I don't have one, I was checking on the one Zman posted. I spent a good part of yesterday watching videos on DEF sensors and Nexus code readers. Some say you can clear the codes. Others says you can clear them long enough to get you off the freeway after a derate. Others say it won't clear EPA mandated codes. So I don't know if one will work or not. Someone did post here that their Nexus 102P would not clear the DEF sensor code.
Old 11-19-2020, 03:37 PM   #46

Now doesn't that just make you want to unload your gas coach and buy a new diesel pusher !!!! Oh of course we now have issue the the new Ford V-8 that burns plug wires and the engine dropping cylinders. Just to top that off would be to have a coach with cabinets falling because they were installed with one or two screws. Of course I haven't noticed any motorhome builders that state " Quality Is Job One". Want real headaches go buy a large boat.
Walt Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 05:21 PM   #47

Mid Atlantic Campers
Carolina Campers
Send a message via Skype™ to Tugboat
I had a problem with my 2011 F250 that could be a cause. After a medical issue my truck sat fo 9 months when I started to drive it again got a code “contaminated DEF” . Found out that the DEF evaporated in hot weather is what the dealer told me and a DEF flush would cost me about $600. I took it home and drained the tank put in new DEF reset the truck drove about 30 miles then drained the tank again and refilled the Def tank reset the truck and hav not had a problem sense.
Tugboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 06:16 PM   #48

I had a DEF light come on in my 2013 Sprinter TOAD. $5,000 later, it went out. I now live in fear of DEF lights.
asodergren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 07:27 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Hate to say it, but the DEF sensors are such a problem, Spartan doesn't even know anymore. If I have a Gen 6, so much for those. Mine made it 1,500 miles

Just found out the hard way, those are not bullet proof. Good thing, they are in stock...........this week,
I don’t know for sure but i think there are a lot of user error with the scanners. I have had a lot of pm’s in regards to how to use it.
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 08:05 PM   #50

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I don’t know for sure but i think there are a lot of user error with the scanners. I have had a lot of pm’s in regards to how to use it.
I think I will order the Nexus from Amazon tomorrow. I can test it for sure on mine that has the error codes and see if they will clear. Nothing to loose, it's going in the shop anyway.
Old 11-19-2020, 08:14 PM   #51

Quote:
I think I will order the Nexus from Amazon tomorrow. I can test it for sure on mine that has the error codes and see if they will clear. Nothing to loose, it's going in the shop anyway.
I think that’s a good call
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 05:28 AM   #52

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I think that’s a good call
It's ordered, be here tomorrow. I am sure the instructions are clear on how to clear codes. Have a mechanic background, so I should not have a problem. I have cleared codes on my toad that I get sometimes from towing with a cheapy Harbor Freight reader. We will find out for sure, first hand if the Nexus 102P will clear EPA required DEF codes or not. I have read all 3 circumstance on the internet, will clear the codes, won't clear the code, will clear it long enough to get you to a safe location. At least I will find out which one it is on a known bad DEF sensor.
Old 11-20-2020, 06:03 AM   #53

Entegra Owners Club
For those interested. Here is the location of the DEF sensor now behind an air manifold on the 20's and 21's. I'll find out from Cummins if it's easy or not. On my 19 they were able to pull the DEF sensor up and out without any problems.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-11-19 13.11.58.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	308651  
Old 11-20-2020, 07:44 AM   #54

Entegra Owners Club
I see a run on the scanner if Chuck can clear his codes. We’ll probably be on the road before I’m able to get one, if it’s successful.
Old 11-20-2020, 10:22 AM   #55

The device that measures DEF concentration is a refractometer not reflectometer.
Old 11-21-2020, 07:17 AM   #56

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
For those interested. Here is the location of the DEF sensor now behind an air manifold on the 20's and 21's. I'll find out from Cummins if it's easy or not. On my 19 they were able to pull the DEF sensor up and out without any problems.

Chuck,
Looks like a tight fix. Amazing with all the room they have to work with they put components on top of each other.
Apparently production has not got the memo on the problematic DEF heads.

But anyway they never build these things thinking you may need to work on them at some point.

Take care Chuck, hope you get fitted up soon.
Richard
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote