Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2020, 01:23 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwprosser View Post
Chuck,
Did you happen to try the unplug solution? I don't know from personnel experience but have heard and read that unplugging the connector at the head has had a good outcome.

JP
John, excellent idea, thank you. I will try that Monday morning before calling Spartan. Also thought about purchasing the code reader to see if they do work. But I still don't trust the DEF sensor. Running this though my head wondering how this could have happened again...here are my thoughts.
On the 19 I had just changed the DEF, the sensor quit on startup.

On the 21, I think it may have been the shop doing their test drives and quick starting the MH. I am a believer if not allowing for the 16 DEF sensor to sync before starting, problems can happen. In this situation, it did. Clearing the DEF head just might clear the problem.
Whatever the problem is, it should not be happening on brand new coaches. Both coaches the first trips are to Cummins for DEF sensors. I did find an engine oil leak pulling the coach out yesterday, so the first trip is going to be to Cummins anyhow.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2020, 01:27 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post

Chuck, You just keep getting LUCKIER with each purchase 😡😡
Guaranteed, it is my last. All companies involved are really trying to get me to go back to boats.
Old 11-14-2020, 02:09 PM   #17

Tim,

Adding to Hayman's recommendation...

Savannah Cummins, Coach Care certified - 5534 Augusta Road Savannah Ga. 31407 - 912.232.5565, just off of I-95, We were headed north last spring when a Code appeared just across the FLa./Ga. State line, NOT DEF related. We called them late in the afternoon, they gave us the gate code and we were able to stay in their lot with electric and water hookups until the next morning.
Woke up and the dash light had went out, they ran their code reader through it and found it as an inactive code, an hour later we were back on the road with no charge, and to date, no recurring code issues.

Hopefully you'll never have to visit them though!

Safe travels.
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 02:45 PM   #18

I'm getting more and more nervous about my trip. Time to start planning our route based on Spartan repair facilities.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 02:53 PM   #19

Always wife Bruce..... saves a lot of time.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 02:57 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Always wife Bruce..... saves a lot of time.

Gary
Always wife?
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 03:03 PM   #21

Yeah, that doesn't make a lot of sense, does it? Let my fingers try again....

Always wise, Bruce..... saves a lot of time.

Sorry.... My fingers are getting older.... :-(

Gary
Old 11-14-2020, 03:22 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Hayman
I hope I don’t have use for your recommendation and we usually avoid DC, but might be worth taking 95 this time. Well actually be closer to you than Chuck. We’re out 17 towards Arcadia next to Sunnybreeze golf course.
Old 11-14-2020, 05:02 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
I am beginning the think my routes with the new coaches are going to be from Cummins Coach Care facility to Cummins Coach Care facility. Most have free parking with water and electric . If I get the CEL on startup in the morning, I won't have far to go.
Old 11-14-2020, 06:16 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I am beginning the think my routes with the new coaches are going to be from Cummins Coach Care facility to Cummins Coach Care facility. Most have free parking with water and electric . If I get the CEL on startup in the morning, I won't have far to go.
Chuck,
Sorry you are having these issues. Is there a master list of Cummins Coach Care Facilities?
Prairie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 07:20 PM   #25

Look on Cummins and/or Spartan's web pages. However, they list all of their certified repair places and only some of them are Cummins Coach Care facilities. For example, there are a bunch of certified Cummins repair shops in the State of Texas, but I believe the only coach care location is in Houston, TX. I have been to the Holt Cat shop in Ft. Worth and the Industrial Power shop in Ft. Worth, and the Cummins shops (not coach care) in Dallas and Odessa, TX but the only shop that really was a CoachCare facility (really designed to work on motorcoaches) at the time of my visit was in Houston. So, you really have to call ahead and see what they have to offer beyond excellent engine service. The CC facility in Houston had outside power connections for coaches and you were permitted to stay inside the fence at night (you were locked in, but you could stay in your coach). All the others might or might not have outside power and many will not let you stay with the coach overnight. So, you really have to check ahead. I have found all the people to be accommodating and helpful and they know their engines and generators (Onan) so they are an excellent place, but you have to carefully research what they have to offer.

Gary
Old 11-14-2020, 09:06 PM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Dog View Post
Chuck,
Sorry you are having these issues. Is there a master list of Cummins Coach Care Facilities?
Thanks Bill, I am use to it so just try to have fun with it. I am fortunate, both of mine broke at home. The DEF sensors won't let me leave town.
On this site just put in a zip code from each location your leaving from and select 500 miles. It will give a map of the Coach Care facilities long your route. This is going to be my new route and trip planner.

https://www.cummins.com/engines/moto...rvice-location
Old 11-14-2020, 10:07 PM   #27

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
As if I didn't have enough trepidation moving from a gasser to a DP, these DEF issues are scaring the heck out of me. Watched our neighbor deal with it on a Dutch Star before a trip they had planned for a year. Looking at all these 2021's having issues so soon after delivery, and knowing we are just weeks away from joining the circus. Oh well, I don't have much hair left to pull out and there is always beer.

j
New2road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 04:34 AM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
John
Thanks for the information. Our upcoming trip will be our first trip of any duration with the 21. As others have mentioned I might plan my route along Cumins facilities and Chucks map suggestion might make that planning easier. A real shame to have to make our travel arrangements based on repair/rescue facilities. Kind of wishing I had our very trouble free 2016 Anthem back.