Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2014, 03:44 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
How about if the new owner just did a "pickup" at the factory and delivered it to the selling dealer for the official delivery? At least you would have a heads up on some of the drivability issues, and know what the coach went through getting to the selling dealer. Is it worth a shot?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2014, 04:01 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultratravler View Post
How about if the new owner just did a "pickup" at the factory and delivered it to the selling dealer for the official delivery? At least you would have a heads up on some of the drivability issues, and know what the coach went through getting to the selling dealer. Is it worth a shot?
Sounds like a reasonable proposition? Answer will still probably be no as it looks like they have made their minds up. Wrongly IMO. Works for Newmar as others have pointed out? Merc & VW do the same thing in Germany with their cars (approx $300 though) and is done for PR not as a profit centre.

Don't understand about dealers missing out. Are they paid extra margin to do a hand-over? They would still get the sale again AKA Newmar-style.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:31 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultratravler View Post
My educated guess is it is an insurance and liability issue. The MH manufacture calls the transportation company, they are licensed, insured and bonded. It is then out of the manufactures hands. Or they "sell it" to their licensed dealer and again, it is out of the manufactures hands when it leaves the factory.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:58 PM   #18

It is all about insurance, and who from what state has the correct driver licence.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:41 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman62 View Post
Wierd, We have a 2014 anthem on order. It is just coming out of paint today. CS told me that they will not build any 2015s until the last run of 14s are complete.
The largest amount of time in building these coaches is paint. Your Anthem has probably been in paint for over a month. My 2015 is probably one of the first of the new model year and it is being built now. Time frame seems about right to me.
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:08 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
If it insurance or driver's licenses...then Newmar must have found a way; they offer it as an option...and, IMHO, a damn good one!
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:03 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I would literally jump at the chance to pick our Anthem up at Ind and delivery it to Fla.
ravens2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:25 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
How about this one. Can a dealer pick up their own coach, from the factory? My next question would be, why a new owner can't pick up their new coach, at the factory, but you can pick the coach up from the dealer, then turn right around and return to the factory for a list of things that never should have been missed before it left the factory in the first place? Makes no sense to me.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:18 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
My educated guess is it is an insurance and liability issue. The MH manufacture calls the transportation company, they are licensed, insured and bonded. It is then out of the manufactures hands. Or they "sell it" to their licensed dealer and again, it is out of the manufactures hands when it leaves the factory.
Had the same thought just after I posted the comment. Also I suppose there may be an 'inference' that by taking the coach from the premises, you are taking ownership and therefore accepting the vehicle in its current state.

BTW if you have seen the film MI 3, the 'vending machine' style car park that Tom Cruise has the fight in toward the end of the film, is actually the storage facility at VW where you pick up your vehicle when you collect from the factory. How cool is that?
Old 04-05-2014, 04:53 AM   #24

American Coach offers factory customer pickup as a option. We have several friends that have optioned this. You save the delivery fee to the dealer, no mention of drivers license check. Dealer doesn't check your license either.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:03 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Just me personally, but after my last two delivery attempts, if there is another new purchase, it would be a factory pickup up or at a dealer next door to the factory. I haven't done well with "local dealer" delivery. Just my experience.

As a few others have done, I would also fly up to see my coach before delivery next time. That is one big mistake I made is not spending another $800. for a round trip plane ticket and a motel room. If I had it to do over again.... when they told me there was a delay in shipping (in my case 3 weeks), I would have been on the next plane. What a pefect time to see my coach.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:15 AM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
While not defending Entegra's practices I asked the same question of delivery. The company rep says it gets complicated taking posession at the factory and the question becomes why have a dealer? Entegra said it would force a lot of smaller dealers out of business because basically all the larger ones would just become Internet brokers.

If offered the option, I would've paid the extra fee like at Newmar to pickup at the factory if I could get m punch list zeroed out before leaving.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:11 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
As stated earlier, discussed this with Entegra at the Owner's Meeting at the Tampa Supershow last January. Basically, the reps there suggested Entegra had NO INTEREST (yes, that strongly) in taking a path to have factory delivery, whether just a pickup or a paid option.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote