Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2022, 03:54 PM   #1

Delivery process on New Entegra

Hello, I purchased a 2023 Entegra Reatta XL 39BH. I am told the coach is in final detail and I am waiting on a ship date. Can anyone tell me what to expect after the coach reaches the dealership in Virginia? Should I expect to find many issues with it when I go to pick it up? Does the dealerships usually have the capability to fix problems (I am mainly talking about interior items)? How many days should I plan on for the process?

Thank you in advance!
jgperegrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2022, 04:19 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I purchased from NIRVC.

They did a full day walkthrough / checkout with me.

I stayed on site several extra days. As problems came up we communicated and they were resolved. I went for a test drive. Several minor issues came up that week. Some existed but until we lived in the coach a few days we would not have found them.

If your schedule allows it I would recommend not just checking the coach then driving away. These coaches are far more complicated than a car.

Good Luck.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 05:58 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
NIRVC asked for 2 weeks after delivery from Entegra to detail and go over everything on the coach. It was the first deliveries after the pandemic shut down and all the new coaches were arriving at once. They did an outstanding job by not being rushed. I spent an additional 7 days on their lot using and checking everything out. The extra days were need for a new satellite system and the "new" Vega Touch that was not set up properly at the factory. I was not rushed so the extra days were enjoyable meeting some great people.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 06:00 PM   #4

If you are in a position to hold back final payment, then do so until you are completely satisfied with the explanations, walk through, test drive. If possible, spend a couple nights and days going through all the stuff they told you and then some.
BTW, Congrats on the new ride!
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 06:57 PM   #5

I didn't hold final payment and was very happy with the process at NIRVC. Not sure now, but in 2019 Entegra pays the dealings for one of their techs to be with the new owner for one full 8 hour day of walk-through and explanation. I would take every minute of "my" paid 8 hours. That is what those people's job is... explain and familiarize. Get all your minutes .. Get your "dumb" questions answered

Now, you are also on warranty at that point and the dealer you are at is the best place to begin resolving problems. All coaches come with problems and they are discovered over time and use. Dee and I remained on NIRVC's lot in their campground for a full 7 days of finding problems and them solving them. We had several awning problems on this Cornerstone which required days of their tech's time to resolve (under warranty). There were more than a handful of others.

Then with our new 15 Anthem, we moved to an RV park several miles away from the dealer and stayed another week so both of us could become completely familiar with everything and our new level of knowledge.

New owners of a new coach that sail into their sales dealer and after 4 hours, drive off with their brand new coach are pure examples of complete fools...... that makers no sense!!!! (sorry)

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 07:32 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgperegrine View Post
Hello, I purchased a 2023 Entegra Reatta XL 39BH. I am told the coach is in final detail and I am waiting on a ship date. Can anyone tell me what to expect after the coach reaches the dealership in Virginia? Should I expect to find many issues with it when I go to pick it up? Does the dealerships usually have the capability to fix problems (I am mainly talking about interior items)? How many days should I plan on for the process?

Thank you in advance!
Since the OP clearly stated that he's dealing with a "dealership in Virginia" and NIRVC doesn't have a Virginia dealership, all the experiences of those who dealt with NIRVC are probably not germane to the OP.

To my knowledge, the only Virginia dealership that sells Entegra is General RV Center in Ashland. I've had General RV do Entegra factory authorized warranty work on my '18 Anthem. They satisfactorily completed the repair in a timely manner. That was my limited experience with a repair of only one item (blind spot information system).

I haven't taken delivery of a new coach from General RV. The two new coach deliveries that I've experienced (at other dealers) were done similarly as described as done at NIRVC.

An experienced tech will walk you through the entire coach, describing, in detail, how each system works. That is a time consuming process and very important for you to understand how everything works. If it's possible for you to somehow get a copy of the owner's manual before you take delivery, the time spent reviewing that before you take delivery will be helpful. My salesperson was able to send me a digital copy (.pdf) of my owner's manual. Review of that, pre-delivery, didn't leave me a 'systems expert', but it did help me recognize things as the tech showed everything to me. Some have suggested videoing that walk through.

During that process, if/when you find something that just not quite right, the tech should start the process to have corrective action completed. That can be as simple as a minor water leak at a fitting that needs little more than replacement of a gasket and tightening to something significantly more difficult/time consuming to resolve.

It's a complex piece of equipment. No matter the degree of care and quality assurance done by the factory before they release your coach for delivery, it's entirely possible that something might need to be replaced that your dealer will not have in stock. Then, it'll be a challenge to decide the best course of action. Much of the Dealer's reputation depends on how they handle those situations. Some dealers are consistently better at dealing with those situations. Entegra counts on their dealers to do right by their customers and can be very helpful if a dealer doesn't meet your needs.

Most dealers have a "camping area" where you can hook up water and electric (perhaps, even sewer). It's a very, very good idea to spend a night, or more, camping on your dealer's lot. That gives you time to further familiarize yourself with and test the various systems. Your tech should make himself available, first thing in the morning, to discuss any questions that came up overnight or start corrective action for anything you find wrong during your overnight experience.

I hope you have lots of fun in your new Entegra!

Take care,
Stu
Old 05-26-2022, 07:39 AM   #7

Stu

Unless you are at the same dealer, now, for the same problem and result, your advice and wisdom is equally irrelevant to all the advice you have advised him to ignore/dismiss.

You can't be serious, can you?

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 08:13 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Stu

Unless you are at the same dealer, now, for the same problem and result, your advice and wisdom is equally irrelevant to all the advice you have advised him to ignore/dismiss.

You can't be serious, can you?

Gary
Hi Gary,

I'm sorry that I offended you. That certainly wasn't my intent.

I was merely pointing out that not all dealerships provide the same level of care to their customers. NIRVC certainly has a reputation of providing a much higher level of service than many/most dealerships. To give the OP impression that other dealers will provide the same level of service might lead to some degree of disappointment for the OP.

There's no NIRVC dealership in Virginia. The only dealer in Virginia, to my knowledge (limited as it is), that offers new Entegra coach sales is General RV in Ashland.

Again, please accept my apology for any offense.

Take care,
Stu
Old 05-26-2022, 09:25 AM   #9

Thanks for all the advise. I should have mentioned that I did purchase the coach from General RV Center in Ashland.
Old 05-26-2022, 09:44 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Here's a link to my Google Drive that contains the Owner's Manual for the 2022 Reatta/Reatta XL Owner's Manual: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kRx...ew?usp=sharing

You indicated that yours is a 2023 model; I don't see the 2023 model year Owner's Manual available on the www.entegracoach.com website. I'd expect many, many similarities between model year 2022 and 2023.

When I took delivery, I found it very helpful to have spent some time looking thru the Owner's Manual before the delivery. It helped to familiarize myself with the various systems.

I have also found that a searchable .pdf of the Owner's Manual makes it much easier to look something up.

Take care,
Stu
Old 05-26-2022, 10:39 AM   #11

Smile

Wow thanks, that will be very helpful. I see you are in Aviation, I am as well. I was a Technician in Corporate Aviation and know I have been in sales for 20+ years. I also had a consulting company that helped owners refurbish their aircraft. So, I have to remember when I inspect this coach that it is not a multi million dollar interior

Tags
entegra