Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2016, 12:17 PM   #1

DEQ Hutch

We are within inches of buying our first motorhome. Selling our brick & stick (love the new terms I've learned reading these posts), retiring and hitting the road full time. Gulp! I am wondering if there are issues with dishes, etc. in the hutch of the Entegra Anthem DEQ while traveling. Will we need to empty the top out each time we are hitting the road?
Appreciate any help you can give us. This is all so new and so exciting to us.
Thanks
Land Yachter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2016, 12:54 PM   #2

Congrats on your new endeavor. Many people will chime in, but we use a lot of fabric type of storage bins and cut out small squares of that non-slip mesh material people put in drawers, etc and place them in between the plates. They don't rattle and they stay in place in the storage bins we use. Some of the 8-9 compartments bins are perfect for glasses, mugs, stemless wine glasses, etc. That being said, I don't like loading up the RV with too much stuff.. we don't live in it so you may have to have more items than we do, but the hutch works great for your day to day stuff.

Good luck!
lincoln20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 02:33 PM   #3

We use a little dab of museum putty under the wine glasses to hold them in place and never had a problem.
Wineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 04:00 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
We don't have an Entegra but our hutch is identical. In the upper shelf my wife usually stores boxed/bagged like crackers, chips, etc. No problem with falling out.

4-5 years ago we basically got rid of all glass plates, bowls, cups, etc. We now use paper plates and small bowls and plastic for cups and serving bowls. (My wife was keeping a full set of everything in case we had company !) Almost everything gets tossed after eating. Only run the dishwasher about every 4-5 days.

Good luck on your new coach and don't be shy about asking questions.
dcphil_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 04:33 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Works great! See Example...Good Luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160224_152748.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	217.7 KB
ID:	119802   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160224_152801.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	119803  

Old 02-24-2016, 04:34 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
oops... a little sideways Hahaha! you get the idea!
Old 02-24-2016, 05:39 PM   #7

We have the DEQ and we stored "non-breakable" dishes in the upper part...according to my DW I intentionally tested the non-breakable when I locked up the RV to miss someone in my lane pullin a boat. The slides were in so the hutch doors only open about 4"...To this day I am still finding pieces of those broken dishes. Works fine hauling the chips and boxed goods in the upper part.!!!

Also put "check that hutch door are closed" when slides come in on your check list...I haven't tested that yet!!
grr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 06:50 PM   #8
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
We use ours for real glassware and bar. DW doesn't mind packing for travel in the collapsible fabric bins mentioned earlier, and reloading it when we're somewhere for more than a couple of nights. She wants it that way as she likes the look and likes having real glassware. It's pretty full when we stay somewhere for awhile (winter in Florida, for example) but we thin the stock out some when traveling.
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:01 PM   #9

Dont forget to check the hutch drawers before moving the slides. They can come open during driving. Dont ask how I know.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 04:39 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Lucky for us Matt is a great cabinet fixer/builder.
Katty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 07:46 AM   #11

Thank you Everyone! Great info and I feel better about it now. Can't wait to start this adventure
Land Yachter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:21 AM   #12

We full time with a DEQ. We had many worries about the hutch shelves when we started, but have had no issues. We put rubberized shelf liner down on all the shelves in the coach, including the fridge. For the hutch, glass shelves the liner does impact the look of the backlight, but works incredibly well to keep things in place. We use the hutch to hold/display some crystal glasses, serving bowls, salad bowls, etc. We don't do anything special prior to travelling, except laying down tall skinny items, like flower vases. Never had a problem.
weirba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:00 AM   #13

DEQ Hutch

I added the rubber liner to the bottom 2 shelves and store our booze bottles on the bottom, they are packed pretty tightly. I store glassware on the 2nd shelf with heavy side down. On the top I have baskets for my produce. In route I simply stuff bubble wrap or hand towels around the front of my glasses then add a spring drapery rod across the front of the glassware & bar shelves. I tie the handles together with a giant "twist tie" from Lowes. We have not had any issues doing this. Always check though that the doors haven't opened before extending the slide 😄.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	274.6 KB
ID:	120160  
Terribeck01 is offline   Reply With Quote