Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2013, 09:51 PM   #1

DEQ sofa question

We have been looking at the DEQ for some time. Seating arrangement for TV viewing is very important due to a neck injury. Does the seat on the sofa with the recliner actually recline? Next question, is the passenger seat a good viewing spot?

Thanks!
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
My 2013 DEQ does not have a recliner in the sofa. There is a seperate "Euro chair" with reclining footrest that is moveable around the living room and is comfortable. My DW and I looked at a 2014 Anthem DEQ and it also does not have a recliner in tbe couch.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:02 PM   #3

It does have a footrest which I find to be uncomfortable and useless. The passenger seat is not bad for viewing.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:06 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Like Corey said, the DEQ sofa has a kick up foot rest but doesn't recline. We leave the pullout part of the jackknife in and pull the Euro recliner over, it's a good TV spot. Passenger seat is also but a little off angle.
2013 Thor Challenger 37GT (Traded)
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:21 PM   #5

Does the tv rotate to accomadate your seating position?
Old 12-27-2013, 10:33 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
No.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:19 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman62 View Post
Does the tv rotate to accomadate your seating position?
So what you do...if the Euro doesn't work for you, you take your overstuffed recliner from you S&B and bring it into your coach. Most recliners have a back that detaches. so the key width of 27".

That's what I did...I store the overstuffed recliner in the same space that the Euro fit. When we arrive on site I move it out into the space the "L" of the jack knife couch would normally pull into. I use the recliner; DW uses the passenger chair which sizes right for her to have a recliner.

I am not aware of a coach that has wall hugger recliners. I suppose you could remove the couch and install your own wall huggers across from the entertainment center. We're mostly happy with this approach. DW would like the passenger chair to recline more.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:36 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyinWP View Post
It does have a footrest which I find to be uncomfortable and useless. The passenger seat is not bad for viewing.
I didn't know there was a footrest in the DEQ. Is it in the pullout part or the part with the air mattress?
Flora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:40 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
The mechanism has nothing to do with the hidden bed. It is on the outside wall of the couch. I find that the footstools that come with the DEQ are more useful. INHO, don't know what Villa was thinking with this one. The footrest would work well for anyone that is 5' tall or less.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:03 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
The mechanism has nothing to do with the hidden bed. It is on the outside wall of the couch. I find that the footstools that come with the DEQ are more useful. INHO, don't know what Villa was thinking with this one. The footrest would work well for anyone that is 5' tall or less.
Well, that would be me (Flora)! So, the only place it could be is right behind the Passenger seat. I will have to look for it next time we are in the coach. Footstools don't come with the Aspire so we bought a storage ottoman that has a padded top and serves nicely.
Flora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
There is a plastic, recessed lever on the inside of the right arm rest on the sofa. Pull it and the foot rest pops out with vigor! Not so easy to get back in and locked.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:41 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
So what you do...if the Euro doesn't work for you, you take your overstuffed recliner from you S&B and bring it into your coach. Most recliners have a back that detaches. so the key width of 27".

That's what I did...I store the overstuffed recliner in the same space that the Euro fit. When we arrive on site I move it out into the space the "L" of the jack knife couch would normally pull into. I use the recliner; DW uses the passenger chair which sizes right for her to have a recliner.

I am not aware of a coach that has wall hugger recliners. I suppose you could remove the couch and install your own wall huggers across from the entertainment center. We're mostly happy with this approach. DW would like the passenger chair to recline more.
We have 2 lazyboy recliners in our present coach. My plan has been to take out the euro chair and put a lazyboy in its place. I like the look of the L shaped sectional but what you are doing makes sense. Its hard to find a coach that has a straight on viewing area. Thought about a floor plan with the tv at midship and sitting in the driver/passenger seats. I am just concerned that it is too far away from the tv. I have always modified our coaches to fit our needs I just dont want to have to modify the new one.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman62 View Post
We have 2 lazyboy recliners in our present coach. My plan has been to take out the euro chair and put a lazyboy in its place. I like the look of the L shaped sectional but what you are doing makes sense. Its hard to find a coach that has a straight on viewing area. Thought about a floor plan with the tv at midship and sitting in the driver/passenger seats. I am just concerned that it is too far away from the tv. I have always modified our coaches to fit our needs I just dont want to have to modify the new one.
Understand where you're coming from. Taking my approach (I originally moved the Euro to this position) puts me about 10 feet from the salon TV and for all intents, looking straight at it.

FWIW, the L-shaped couch is K, but my recliner position fits out life style better. I actually use both the bulkhead TV and the Salon TV at the same time, sports via the bulkhead on mute, with a show DW would enjoy on the salon
Old 12-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora View Post
Well, that would be me (Flora)! So, the only place it could be is right behind the Passenger seat. I will have to look for it next time we are in the coach. Footstools don't come with the Aspire so we bought a storage ottoman that has a padded top and serves nicely.
John and Flora, the Aspire does not come with the footrest on the L couch only the Anthem. In fact the whole couch is different in the Aspire when compared to the Anthem.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote