Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2020, 01:23 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Diagnostic Code SPN 3362 DEF failure

The check engine light came on with a SPN 3362 FMI 31 code, indicating that there is a problem with the Diesel Emission Fluid system. Subsequently, I got SPN 1569 FMI 31 engine derate code. I had to be towed to a repair shop. They have been working on it for 2 weeks. It seems like they are just throwing parts at it hoping to get it fixed. They have replaced the doser and the controller. Now they want to replace the wiring harness. Yikes. They say it will take 12 to 14 weeks to get the part.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem and what their experience was.
McGruer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2020, 02:01 PM   #2

no specific experience, but 14 weeks sounds ridiculous. Have you nudged anyone at Spartan or Entegra about trying to speed this up?
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 05:46 PM   #3

Please tell us about the specific model and year of your coach. Also, please tell me where you are getting the coach worked on? Are you at a Cummins facility (if a Cummins engine). If not Cummins, what engine do you have?

Also, are you talking to Spartan? You need to be at a Spartan certified shop of this could be a problem with Spartan warranty. They must approve all repairs authorized by the shop up front or they may not pay for the repairs being done.

The length of time seems unreasonable for a Cummins / Spartan repair.

Please give us more information.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 11:34 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconTrail View Post
no specific experience, but 14 weeks sounds ridiculous. Have you nudged anyone at Spartan or Entegra about trying to speed this up?
I have been in contact with Spartan. They said that they are researching the problem but, the RV has been in the shop for 3 weeks so I am a little anxious and trying to move things along.
Old 02-03-2020, 11:41 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Please tell us about the specific model and year of your coach. Also, please tell me where you are getting the coach worked on? Are you at a Cummins facility (if a Cummins engine). If not Cummins, what engine do you have?

Also, are you talking to Spartan? You need to be at a Spartan certified shop of this could be a problem with Spartan warranty. They must approve all repairs authorized by the shop up front or they may not pay for the repairs being done.

The length of time seems unreasonable for a Cummins / Spartan repair.

Please give us more information.

Gary
I have a 2013 Entegra Aspire 42DEQ. It is built on a Spartan Chassis and has the Cummins ISL 450 diesel. I have spoken to Spartan and to Cummins. I was towed to the nearest Diesel repair shop but they are clearly not a certified Cummins/Spartan repair facility. I am now in contact with a certified Cummins/Spartan shop in Mesa, AZ, about 45 miles away from Eloy, AZ where we have the RV. We are meeting with the current repair shop tomorrow for a status report but, I have been in contact with the Cummins/Spartan shop and they will take the RV in on Thursday. The bad part is I am going to have to pay for the tow from Eloy to Mesa ($1,300). It is all good. From what I am hearing/reading in responses, the story that it is going to take 12 to 14 weeks is not reasonable. I was just reaching out to see if anyone else has experience this problem and what they had to go through to get it fixed.
Old 02-04-2020, 12:41 AM   #6

I have (sadly) been in the Cummins / Spartan repair shops both in Phoenix (Mesa) and in the Cummins remote branch in Tucson. Both were impressive places and there is no reason at all in my opinion that any repair should take that kind of time. Towing from Eloy to Tucson might be a good deal cheaper and they look like they are big enough to handle any problem. The repair techs I dealt with at both places were good and competent.

I was wanting to make sure that you are in contact with spartan as some shops will just start working on repairs without calling them, and then they are in a position to simply deny reimbursing those repairs, or alternately, reimbursing the shop for much less than the total charge. My opinion is that you want the repairs to be done at a certified Cummins or Spartan shop to minimize your costs.

Do you have a towing group like CoachNet? If you don't, you should get one. Coachnet should have picked up the initial charge for towing and although I have never been in your position, I would think they would pay to move your coach to an appropriate shop. Be sure the tow truck lifts the coach by the wheels/tires, and not the frame or the steering arms. Probably takes one of those triple axle in the back tow trucks to handle your weight. The ideal is a flat bed tow truck but sometimes hard to find.

Keep us advised on what is happening and how it works out.

Please consider creating a "signature" section which presents all your important equipment like you will see at the bottom of this post of mine, and most posts on the forum. You really need to detail all your equipment every time you post a question so people on the forum know how to make recommendations.

Good luck

Gary
Old 02-04-2020, 04:37 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGruer View Post
I have a 2013 Entegra Aspire 42DEQ. It is built on a Spartan Chassis and has the Cummins ISL 450 diesel. .

Please update your information so we can see that you no longer have a Siena when you post something.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 05:30 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
As information only, in the past when I had to be towed, I had Good Sam's at the time, I agreed to pay extra to be towed to Cummins Chattanooga. Good Sam's never billed me. The major repair was 5 days including waiting for parts from Cummins warehouse.
Do let us know the outcome, you may help the next person that takes the "first shop available". Over the years I am a firm believer to get Spartan or Cummins approved shop before going on the hook. Thanks to post like yours.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 09:18 AM   #9

McGruer

Just FYI.... you create a signature section for your posts by clicking on the User C) (User Control Panel) in the upper left corner of the forum page.... on the left side is a box where you can click and access a section where you can create your signature section and enter whatever you want, but at least the coach, year and model, and then other important information. That is printed at the bottom of any post or response you make on the forum. Then everyone knows what you own and are dealing with when you comment or post.

Gary