Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2017, 08:13 AM   #29

Hi Everyone
I really appreciate all the comments and experience you all share this could help, I am going to look at all the option.
I will take one day at the time and see what happen, today I will meet Roger from Entegra and hope for the best.
I will give some update later.
Thank you
sincitysound is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2017, 09:42 AM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
I am sure your meeting will go well for you.
Old 01-28-2017, 01:24 PM   #31

I have had my share of problems with my 2016 CS, but all minor. The list has always been 3-4 things at the most. However, this big list of really bad stuff (sorry, but leaks and major mechanical problems on a brand new coach of any brand IS really bad stuff) seems to be getting more common as of late. Is the initial fear of a major deterioration in quality control due to the Thor acquisition, and its aftermath, actually becoming a reality? Personally, I would not upgrade within Entegra at this time.
As far as the OPs concerns, I would not accept anything but an exchange, even though this may be far fetched.
Old 01-28-2017, 04:48 PM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
We bought a new 16 in AZ, had to stop and wait out summer in KY while waited for appointment at Entegra. Our list of 60-something things grew to more than 80 while there for a month...had to leave due to snow and ice...can't work slides in that weather...toppers fill and freeze up. We have a new list going. We think a trip there for work and PJ's "class" is definitely worth it if you can take a Loooong vacation. Or, drive there, stay a bit and fly back home...then fly back to get it. But stay and check it all out before signing off. Look for damage...we found some nicks and dings from workers. Tight space and all...
AbuelaLoca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 08:03 PM   #33

Hi Fred
If you like to take a look at my video I made yesterday you can see my issues some minor some very Major

Let me know your thoughts.
Thank you
sincitysound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 09:48 PM   #34

I saw the video and I'm as concerned as you are. Your choices are limited. You can let Entegra and Spartan deal with it, or you can lawyer up and pursue a lemon lawsuit. This coach should have never left the factory.
I would not worry so much about the mileage they'll put into it to fix it, but I would request compensation/damages due to loss in value (my brother's a lawyer, so I'd personally be aggressive).
Good luck!
Old 02-03-2017, 06:47 AM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Having been through what you are going through....only worse, send it back to Entegra. Entegra and Spartan had my coach for 3 months, I still lost 6 more months of use going through three rear ends with the lying Meritor corporation.

The mileage won't effect resale at all on a diesel coach. Loss of use cost more than anything. One year of depreciation sitting in shops is the real cost.

Send it back to Entegra then move forward from there. It is a real shame that the quality control department has not met the "wash and deliver" goal.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:50 AM   #36

[Quote Mod Removed]
Nobody understanding the level of stress another individual incurs dealing with these type of issues. This are big investments for all of us and regardless of the Coach or Trailer, each of us have had our share of issues. Some have minor issues which seem big and some major issues which they take in stride. These things are all man made, and to my knowledge we have not created anything perfect. I have read your posts and seen your video, which was well done. In reading this quote, "If I can't have my money back I will be looking for some Legal Action Lemon law." it is appears that your mind is made up. I suggest you stop driving yourself crazy and pursue your intended course of action.

If it were me, since you have documented necessary repairs, I would step back and attempt to let Spartan and Entegra make the corrections or replacement. Both are excellent company's with high regard for their customers. These companies have treated me well and dealt with both minor and major issues (at least in my mind) on my Coaches. This is my second Entegra Coach and I am still a believer. Non of us here can offer you a solution or try to convince you which direction to travel. I wish you well and hope you are able to resolve your problems so you can get back on the road.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:24 AM   #37

You have asked here, and in your video what people think so I will offer up my opinion:

-Regarding the Parking Brake failing to release, this is a very simple issue of the S-Cam requiring lubrication. The fact it will release in Reverse confirms this. A tube of lubricant will solve this issue. My recommendation is to contact a Mobil RV Oil and Lube company and have them perform a complete chassis Lube. Zero miles and probably less than $100.. send the bill to Spartan.

-The sound the brakes make when set or released is a function of the design. This is normal for your chassis.

-Tire date. What was the build date of your chassis? The chassis build date is far more relevant than the year of the coach. There is no 5 year (or any other) age limit or regulation on tires. While any dealer is going to use tire age as a negotiating point, there currently is no regulation on this component. With that being said, as tires age they certainly begin to approach the end of their useful life, and routine inspections by a qualified facility would be prudent.

While I certainly appreciate the logic of having new tires on a new coach, there are certain practical limitations as it relates to tire date, chassis build date, and coach model year (and build date).

In our case, we also have a 2017 Aspire built in May of 2016. I'm not certain of our chassis date, but I seem to recall it being Feb. of 2016, which pushes most component dates backward into late 2015 at best. Our tires are 0815 steers and 3615 drive and tag.

In short, the tires are a year old by the time Entegra saw the chassis. Add to that time the production, shipping, and sale process and we have tires 18 months old before we owned the coach.

Do I wish we had tires with a 0716 date on a coach we bought in August of 2016? You bet!!! Is this a realistic expectation? I don't think so.

Ultimately, you as a consumer have a choice before you buy if you care for the product, from the ground up. Your best leverage is your money, and if you buy then drive off you cannot expect to go back and effectively redefine the transaction.

-Driver's side window. Your window requires replacement. Here's why: The Driver's side window in divided unequally into three separate panes of glass. The bottom "toll" window has a moving half, and a fixed half. The largest portion, the upper glass is the issue here. When Hehr manufactured the window, they used either not enough, or a poor compound of adhesive to secure the window to the aluminum frame. The sound you're hearing is a combination of wind noise and the movement of the window against the frame where the adhesive has failed. You can verify this easily by simply pressing outward on the bottom of the upper (largest) pane of glass. You will see the glass flexes and moves outward away from the frame. It isn't going to move more than a centimeter or so, but that is enough to prove the window has failed.

Contact Entegra for a replacement. They state production of the window can require up to 4 weeks, and they allocate 1.5 hours of shop rate for replacement.

-Slide out function. This noise and the issues you're having with leaks and daylight would be why I'd sent it to Entegra.

-Flip seals on side of slide boxes. The fact that they aren't flipping is a combination of a new stiff seal, and a very clean (waxed) slide box. Over time, this will resolve itself. There is nothing wrong, or failed about that issue. If you don't care to see it out of place, carefully help it with your awning rod. Ours have already started to settle down.

-Front end "thunk". Here is where I'm going to march to the beat of a different drummer.. I do not believe this to be related to the suspension, or chassis itself. I believe you're hearing and feeling the generator shift a little as the coach moves around. On the Aspire, the generator slide is manual. In order for this system to be operated, there must be a little play in the slideout arrangement. I think what we are hearing and feeling is 780# of generator moving from the limit of movement in one direction, a few millimeters to the other limit of movement. Once this heavy mass arrives at the other end of its "slack" it announces its arrival at its new resting spot with a bang and a slight tremor transmitted to the structure it is mounted to, the chassis, and upward into the floor where we feel it.

In short, I would expect even the best Spartan field and factory reps to be powerless to correct this issue. Sending the coach to Charlotte, MI would be a complete waste of time. At this point, I would have two reasons to let Entegra have the coach for a while.

I have offered up our coach as a testbed to resolve this issue, and am awaiting a reply from Entegra. Independent of Entegra, I will try to clearly identify the issue, and to provide an efficient and economical field repair, thus avoiding a trip to Middlebury.

-Slides. Your slides sound and appear pretty much the same as ours, with the exception of the pop you hear at regular intervals. My suspicion is that there is an imperfection in the gear and rack it drives. This imperfection seems to present a loud pop approximately once per revolution of the shaft. In your video, it appears you are operating the slides with the coach not aired up, and with the jacks down. If that is in error, forgive my mistake. If so, you need to be aware that Entegra specifies the coach to be fully aired up, and jacks retracted before the slides are operated, in or out. If you are running your slides and jacks the same way you did in your Phaeton, that is incorrect and can actually place more strain on the slides and mechanisms.

***Entegra manufactures the coach side walls with the chassis fully aired up. It doesn't matter if the coach is level, only that the suspension is fully aired up***

This is mentioned in the Entegra PDI checklist, inside the Owner's Manual, in the You Tube videos, and in conversation with any knowledgeable Entegra owner.

-Engine cover. As you likely know, Entegra issued a recall early this year relating to the powered jackscrews lifting this cover. In short, their vendor provided a male to male electrical connection, when Entegra had specified a male to female connector. When assembled, the connection would work, sometimes for a while. Frequently, this poor connection will fail. Sometimes, it will fail and due to the intermittent connection will also cause the associated jackscrew to fail.

The recall includes a pigtail to pigtail connection that when installed between the wiring harness of the coach, and the jackscrew, will provide the correct secure connections.

Entegra will also send and failed jackscrews, as needed.

When speaking to the customer service rep from Entegra regarding this issue, request they send you (2) of the 1/4" quick release pins they've incorporated as a running change in new "post recall" coaches.

In your case, you will need to remove the fasteners securing the bottom of the failed jackscrew, then carefully use the good jackscrew, and help the cover open manually by hand on the failed side. Once fully opened, you can let the gas struts hold the cover in place while you conduct the repair. PM or call me if you need help with this. I did it on the side of I-10 while trying to fix a total loss of air.

In closing, I think you certainly have a few issues, many of which can be resolved in your storage unit. The fact that Spartan has already offered up a factory return is a point in their favor, although I personally think it would not address the issue.

If you have Joyce and her team at your side, you've got 90% of the problem licked right there. I'd call her and see if she can arrange an expedited appointment at National Indoor RV Center's new Phoenix location for work on the slides, if there truly is an issue.

As an owner, I'm very interested in seeing you either resolve these discrepancies, or find another solution. I've been in your situation previously, and know how you probably feel.

If you would like, I will offer you my phone number and I'd be happy to help you work through these things if you desire.

Best Regards,

-Matt
(281)788-9554
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 03:31 PM   #38

I agree with Matt that the noise you are hearing is the generator moving just a small amount when you go over a imperfection while turning and have enough flex to allow the generator to move. I believe part of the fix involves installing a split pvc pipe on one side of the slide to tighten it up a bit. Pretty common problem I believe. With more use the rubber on the slides will adjust and seal properly. I believe overall you can't beat Entegra and their willingness to make you a happy owner. I have had my driver window replaced twice (first was whistling second did not drain rainwater) and think that rather than replacing the original a proper application of urethane would have taken care of the issue. The engine cover motor issue seems to be fairly common and I will have Entegra take a look at mine at our PDI in Sept (sometimes improvements are not improvements although opening the cover manually was a bit difficult). I can't explain the screwy looking alignment to the left side front tire but if the coach tracks properly then it just may be cosmetic but should be realigned and done by Entegra at the factory. I bet that ultimately you will be happy with your coach. The lemon law will be very hard to apply to your coach and I believe that letting them take it back to the factory is your best bet. I also agree that a flight out to check it out would be prudent. I do not believe my coach (either one) had holes drilled in the channels above the doors. You may need a rubber seal or door adjusted to stop the leak. Both of our coaches have always been dry in the basement regardless of the weather. I doubt any owner has tires less than 12-18 months old on a new coach due to production and wait times. The parking brake release noise and brake noise sounds pretty much like both of our coaches - you just need to get used to it. Slides do seem a bit sticky but it is most likely a simple adjustment or alignment issue. Joyce is your best friend and advocate. Treat her with respect and consideration and you will end up in a good place (Don Bruebaker also helpful). I do not believe in this case that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. If you are reasonable they will be also. I doubt they are real happy with your video - I know I would not be. Your dealer will be little help and I doubt you would have any success with them even if they had been open. There are issues with every brand (includes $2,000,000 coaches) how the problem is addressed is the key. I certainly would not worry about the additional mileage on the coach as the drive train is good for probably 500,000 to 1,000,000 miles without major issues (as long as it is maintained).
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 05:36 PM   #39

In watching your video I would not accept the driver side wheel not being centered and is the only thing I see that is a real problem.. not sure how you fix that.. chassis and body has to be moved .. that's scary. All the other stuff is standard break in items and adjustments and we all have gone through those on our coaches. Imo. This is the way the motorhome industry is.. period. It's no better with any other brand.. and remember you got a 2 year warranty that's unconditional that fixes everything you have on your list and then in 2 years bring to the factory and fix anything and then some again... Entegra will fix it good ... I live close to vegas and 4000 miles round trip to middlebury will mean nothing on that coaches future value.. as brobox said it's the time your not getting to use the coach that would be the biggest pisser to me.. never the less the fun has been taken out of your exsperience and that sucks.. good luck.
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 08:23 AM   #40

Hey sincity. You got all the sudden quiet on your issues?
I am guessing Entegra has got you satisfied.. ? Knew they would
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:37 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
Hey sincity. You got all the sudden quiet on your issues?
I am guessing Entegra has got you satisfied.. ? Knew they would
Video disappeared also.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 04:35 AM   #42

I also wondered what happen here and where video went. Lots of issues here were not issues but the front wheel thing was some thing else. Like to hear how that wheel next to fender gets repaired.