Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2017, 08:18 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Did it again!

Ok, just callme stupid! Had our Anthem into NIRVC in Atlanta and left with a new 2017 Cornerstone 45B!
One week in, the electric only side of the Aquahot has quit, windshield has rolled gasket and water leaks both top corners......
and so the fun begins already!
That being said, I have a couple of questions for you 2017 ownwers:

- I have checked the relay fuse and breaker for the electric side of aquahot, any idea where to look or check next as to why it woould just suddenly quit? No red indicator lights on status panel of Aquahot....
-Anybody else have gasket issues on the front windshield? my local guy tells me it most likely have to come completely out and be reseated and sealed...??

You think I would have learned by now.....
2014 Jeep GC diesel - 2024 Renegade Verona 36VSB
mymyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2017, 08:40 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Yep the sad part about buying a new one but it sounds like you got more than your fair share.Bonnie and I are waiting to hear from Angie on our 2018. But all of your issues on a brand new Cornerstone makes us very leery....
Anthem46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 09:13 AM   #3

Stupid me I wish I stay with my Tiffin

I just bought a Brand new 2017 Aspire 44B and this is my list of things wrong.
2017 Entegra
List of things not working
Mirror defrost not working
Camera rear in& out
Radio cut out
Speaker pop cracking sound maybe blow
Navigation not accurate
Front end clunking loud noise on slow sharp turn everytime.
Wobble steering wheel
Steering to the left not center.
Feel the road on the steering wheel very strong.
Driver console center drawer falling apart
Battery not holding charge
One Dock light driver side
Motion light white buble broke
Front tv and breaker pop
Door fridge doesn't close on the left
Lock from the bed
Magnet failing on roof return.
- [ ]
New issue
1-18-17
Tires are 2 years old I did not look at the DOT# when I bought.
Driver side Window sound like a tea kettle
Battery died on me after 5 hour in the coach without using power.
Vanity Slide stop working ?
Alignment totally off?

Defrost not working right?
Driver side tire is within so close to the fender
Passenger side tire is center?

I you feel like ready my email below let me know what you think?
I sent this email Last week to Joyce at Entegra and the dealership and everyone involve and trying to help me.

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the long email but I wanted to share my days in the shop with you.

Day 1 in the shop in California. They did an alignment. It was way off and badly needed.
After a test drive we determined that I needed to stay overnight for more work.

Day 2 in the same shop.
I woke up this morning and on the drivers side, water was coming in on one of the corners (I will include a picture)
and the vanity slide out on the passenger side in the rear would not slide out.
After pulling in the bay this morning, they worked on trying to find the clunking shifting noise.
The shop is very knowledgeable and I believe they know what they are doing, but still no luck.
It is now 2:30 in the afternoon Pacific time. I received a call from Hunter with Spartan.
I discussed what would be the right thing to do. I will stay one more night in the parking lot (Friday) in case parts arrive, but nothing can be worked on until Monday because the shop is closed on Saturday and Sunday.

The decision I think that makes the most sense, is for me to drive back to Las Vegas 300 miles and come back once they have the parts if need be.
Let me remind everyone, I bought this coach on December 22 from Bill Plemmons RV in Raleigh North Carolina.
I spent all day going over certain things on the coach, including paperwork. I left the dealership at closing.
I began noticing problems in the ride and steering but being that the dealership was closed for the holidays, I kept going otherwise I would have turned around. Talk about bad timing! So I continued to Las Vegas thinking, how bad can it be?

I left the dealership on December 22, by the time I reached home on Christmas Day, I had a list of issues a mile long that I had discovered and as each day passes, I am finding even more issues! I told Kyle, my salesperson, today on the phone, that this coach has some serious issues for something that I bought that is supposed to be brand-new. I do not blame Kyle. I do not blame Hunter. Everyone is trying to fix this situation but the reality is this coach has a lot more issues than initially realized.
There is also a very good possibility that this coach is crooked on the frame because the tire is still too close to the fender.
It has been sitting on a lot for quite some time which caused the batteries to go dead completely without being plugged-in, damaging them.

So now my question is "what is the right thing to do?"

This coach is supposed to be brand-new and I'm about to spend my 3rd day in the shop.
We also know I have to come back here or go somewhere else to fix all the endless issues as well.
I had a discussion with Kyle this morning and I really believe I ended up with a lemon.
Someone needs to step up offer me a new coach or a refund.

Tomorrow I will drive back to Las Vegas. I am not retired and still have to work.
Although I feel someone should approve to pay for my fuel, since my time is worth something, I will not ask to be compensated for that. I am trying to compromise.
And what about the mileage in the 24,000 miles or two year warranty?
I will be running out of mileage before my two years for all these repairs. I would hope someone would agree to give me some mileage credit. Or just simply give me two year warranty with unlimited mileage due to the history of this coach.
I am really trying hard to justify everything that's happening to me. Everyone trying to help me which I really appreciate, but some decisions have to be made here to make this right. I didn't spend this much money for a brand new coach to spend the next 2 years in the shop.

I am not a newby in this big rig world.
In 1985 I started driving Prevost Model 10, professionally, for rock stars on concert tours, which I did until recently.
My job was driving back and forth across the country, night after night, maintaining them and also spending many nights in repair shops.
In the last 10 years I have owned my own coaches including a Holiday Rambler, a Tiffin and now an Entegra.
I would like to think I know a thing or two in this matter. This coach has more issues then all of the ones put together that I have ever driven.

I hope someone will come up with an answer for me that justifies all this.
This is a very big investment and very stressful for me.

Joyce could you please forward this to the CEO of Entegra.

Kyle could you please forward this to Steve & Sterling Plemmons
sincitysound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 09:20 AM   #4

FYI
I am working on a Video to show the difference of my Tiffin which I still have and the new 2017 aspire 44B
This will show every one very clearly the situation.
Soon I have it done I will post it.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:51 AM   #5

I think he's got you beat Chuck. Before this I think Chuck had the most issues with a brand new coach. Sorry to hear about your issues. This makes my little issues look like nothing.

Doug
AspireDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 10:06 AM   #6

I would save the video for now. It sounds like you have the right people working on the problem, see what they come up with. You may have a coach that needs to go back to the factory to get all the issues fixed. They might come and get it, fix it and return it to you if you ask nice. I am betting on Joyce and her crew to get it right for you, whatever that takes. All JMHO

2016 45 B Topaz Cornerstone
2014 MKT towed
Old 01-25-2017, 10:26 AM   #7

Yes Joyce is trying to get a tech flying in to check out all the issue.
Yes I will wait Before releasing the video.
This video is to show the issue and keep my record in order in case that all.
Every coach as issue from my experience even Prevost.
This one just got me worry, because of the driving condition.
Wish me luck.
Thank you
Old 01-25-2017, 10:54 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Congratulations. Now, I am convinced, I am not ready to go through it again, my luck does not run good when it comes to new coaches.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 11:06 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem46 View Post
Yep the sad part about buying a new one but it sounds like you got more than your fair share.Bonnie and I are waiting to hear from Angie on our 2018. But all of your issues on a brand new Cornerstone makes us very leery....
just missed you in Atlanta Tommy; we were on the other end of the parking lot transferring "stuff" over when you and Bonnie were leaving in the toad.
It is unfortunate that this kind of product delivery seems to be the norm in this industry. Many more little problems but we will persevere. Glass guy just here and looked at leak in windshield issue; says he can only temporary a repair in, really will have to go back to the factory to get it done correctly....<sigh> one week old and already staring a factory visit in the face most likely to correct something that should have never made it out of the factory but something you would never catch in a PDI. Thank goodness I am about to be full-time retired soon as it takes all your free time dealing with these issues,,,soon to be a gentlemen of leisure like you Tommy!
2014 Jeep GC diesel - 2024 Renegade Verona 36VSB
mymyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 11:25 AM   #10

Whoa, but if Joyce is working it you're in good hands....worse case scenario push for a exchange toward a new coach, and yes that happens occasionally.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 11:48 AM   #11

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Best advice I ever got regarding my new coach was to just sit back and enjoy the punchlist process...it's the best way to learn all about your new coach.....it's a high intensity, full immersion learning experience!

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
2017 Anthem DEQ
Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:23 PM   #12

One week in, the electric only side of the Aquahot has quit,

- I have checked the relay fuse and breaker for the electric side of aquahot, any idea where to look or check next as to why it woould just suddenly quit? No red indicator lights on status panel of Aquahot....

This happened to us after we picked ours up in 2015. Worked while we were on the dealer lot for a few days. Then when we moved about 600 miles away to our stop. The electric side would not work.

What I found was after taking the cover off of the Aqua Hot board. There are 2 small wire connections on the left side about half way down that control the electric side. Those connections were loose from the factory and came loose from the road bouncing. I tightened them up and no problems since then.
Sorry I cant be more specific with pictures. But if you take the cover off, look on the left side along with looking at the schematics from the manual. You should be able to identify those wires and check connections to be sure there tight.

And congrats on the new ride!
Bpeter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 01:38 PM   #13

Y'all are making me reconsider trading my 2013 Anthem 42RBQ for a 2017. I may just put new shoes on it (FMCA Michelin program) and head on down the road. I had forgotten the "joy" of de-bugging a new coach. Think I will just experience that joy by reading all of your posts. DW keeps telling me that 45,000 miles in nothing on a good coach. Here is hoping that all of your issues will get handled in short order and you can join us on the road.
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 03:20 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi View Post
Y'all are making me reconsider trading my 2013 Anthem 42RBQ for a 2017. I may just put new shoes on it (FMCA Michelin program) and head on down the road. I had forgotten the "joy" of de-bugging a new coach. Think I will just experience that joy by reading all of your posts. DW keeps telling me that 45,000 miles in nothing on a good coach. Here is hoping that all of your issues will get handled in short order and you can join us on the road.
Now there's a smart man!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote