Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2016, 02:59 PM   #71

No you you were talking about restraint of trade for some and not others. Besides a lot of Walmart products that come from China we all use everyday just as we do oil products. JMHO

2016 Entegra Topaz Cornerstone
Formerly 2011, 2013 Anthems & 2015 Cornerstone
2014 Lincoln MKT towed
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2016, 09:35 PM   #72

States and municipalities in oil producing areas of the US are losing their bread and butter from lower oil prices, so they are going to raise taxes temporarily.
AK may stop or curtail citizen oil revenue bonuses.
And so it goes
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 06:55 AM   #73

Newmar Owners Club
The oil industry has always been fickle. I grew up with it and worked in it. Practically my whole family either worked for major oil companies or for oil related service companies. Those who understand it's nature can and do well. Those who think it is a never ending boom, don't. There is a reason they were making 3 times their normal wage. They have to pay like that to get all the people to relocate, usually to less than desireable locations, live in motels and trailer parks, and work 7 days a week. The locals all benefit from the boom, as they watch their towns grow at mind-blowing rates. Then the balloon burst and all they have left are the reminants. This has happened many times in the past, all over the country.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 07:08 AM   #74

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottybdivin View Post
The oil industry has always been fickle. I grew up with it and worked in it. Practically my whole family either worked for major oil companies or for oil related service companies. Those who understand it's nature can and do well. Those who think it is a never ending boom, don't. There is a reason they were making 3 times their normal wage. They have to pay like that to get all the people to relocate, usually to less than desireable locations, live in motels and trailer parks, and work 7 days a week. The locals all benefit from the boom, as they watch their towns grow at mind-blowing rates. Then the balloon burst and all they have left are the reminants. This has happened many times in the past, all over the country.
The Refinery's seem to be the only ones that never suffer to much.........as the "Field" people do..........
The "Small" 70,000 bpd Refinery where I work, just files their 10K form for last year..........Thinking.........82.3M "NET PROFIT"
While all the small oil producer's in our area are really having a hard time, those that can, quit pumping, those with bills, pump enough to make ends meet. Service rigs all sitting, now is the time for well service if one can, service rates are at a low, just to get some work.

You explained the "getting the oil process" to a tee Scott
Old 01-03-2016, 10:30 AM   #75

Entegra Owners Club
Well, this is all very interesting, having spent my youth working through college as a roustabout in the oil patch and being a student in the "national interest" for the better part of my adult life.

Who will benefit from low oil prices...naturally anyone who benefits from decreased transportation cost. Will companies like the airlines pass on those savings? Not yet, nor has food requiring transport decreased. So those companies that can are bolstering their profit. Second, individuals save...like us RV travelers.

My issue, though, are those that benefit from the US being energy dependent. It has taken 10 years or more for the US to be energy independent. The Saudis and Russians are threatened by that, and as a secondary recipient of the benefits...the US defense industry.

So while we all relish in $1.65/gallon gasoline and $2.12/gal diesel, remember, a lot of smaller US oil companies are being bankrupted, jobs are being lost, and there WILL be a price to pay when by 2017, we will be dependent on Saudi oil. We will be back to paying $4+ a gallon, we will once again be sending our most precious resource, young people, to die in SW Asia to protect Saudi oil, the economy will be shattered by the costs of the defense industry, and it will take 10 years to become independent again.

For me, I'd rather see a balance that allows the industry to survive, maybe $3/gal fuel, and spend that $700M a year (the cost of the last SW Asia adventures per year) on US infrastructure (and jobs). There are ways to preserve the industry, keep the jobs, and let foreign oil be imported when needed...capitalizing on this abnormal situation...but that is a political discussion not allowed here. For myself, I think it is a real shame that an industry it took so long to separate us from oil dependency has been driven into the ground...once again by foreign oil. JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:05 AM   #76

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
It has taken 10 years or more for the US to be energy independent.
The US is *not* petroleum independent.

US Petroleum imports:
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/Le...s=MTTNTUS2&f=M

US Crude Oil production:
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_crd...c_mbblpd_a.htm

US net oil imports were 27% in 2014, down from previous years, but Canadian import share rising at the same time (Thank you, cousins!)
Oil Imports and Exports - Energy Explained, Your Guide To Understanding Energy - Energy Information Administration

I expected to see fuel prices spike just a bit with the latest saber rattling going on between the Saudis and Iran this last week, but instead fuel prices seem to have continued declining.

On-road gas and diesel pricing trends by region:
http://www.eia.gov/petroleum/gasdiesel/

Only time will tell.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:45 AM   #77

Entegra Owners Club
I suppose it depends on where you get your stats, but the argument still applies.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 12:09 PM   #78

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I made no challenge to anything else that was said, only the opinion on energy independence. Nothing more.

If you have other info that proves domestic oil independence, I'd like to see it.
Old 01-09-2016, 04:11 PM   #79

I'm enjoying this while it lasts!.......
Just paid $1.92 here in Charleston SC , and earlier I saw $1.79 !
I love it . Can't wait to fill my Bus !

Rob

Charleston, SC
Rmallardjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:45 PM   #80

Entegra Owners Club
It's Snowbird season in FL, and fuel wouldn't drop below $2.07 so I fueled. Sure beats $3.50 a gallon last season.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 09:11 AM   #81

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Is anyone working on developing hybrid/electric RV's?

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
2013 Aspire DEQ
Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 09:43 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer View Post
Is anyone working on developing hybrid/electric RV's?
Why settle. I installed a flux capacitor over the weekend. Now to locate a source for 1.21 gigawatts of power - or maybe I'll score a Mr. Fusion on Ebay.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, fuel