Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2022, 07:10 PM   #1

Diesel Shortage Real

I heard several articles mention serious diesel shortages. I think when Love's and Pilot chime in it is prudent to take notice.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...t-coast-diesel
Dieselgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2022, 08:15 PM   #2
WDW

Diesel Shortage Real

Pennsylvania crude - United Refining and they operate out of Warren, PA.

Flying J buys out of Bradford, PA ARG American Refining Group - the oldest continuously operated refinery in North America. The do a ton of well know and private label oil products.
A great all American town also home to Zippo lighters.

Both are in my backyard — yet fuel here is no cheaper, even on the Native American reservations that sell it “tax free”.
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 08:48 PM   #3

Both Love's and Pilot issued statements. I think it is real, Richmond was out according to a trucker last night.
Dieselgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 09:14 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW View Post
Pennsylvania crude - United Refining and they operate out of Warren, PA.

Flying J buys out of Bradford, PA ARG American Refining Group - the oldest continuously operated refinery in North America. The do a ton of well know and private label oil products.
A great all American town also home to Zippo lighters.

Both are in my backyard — yet fuel here is no cheaper, even on the Native American reservations that sell it “tax free”.
United buys just a very small amount of local crude, 2-4 Tri axle's a day...maybe. Some day's ....none........

Kiantone Pipeline is a coated steel
transmission pipeline that extends
from Buffalo, New York to Warren,
Pennsylvania. Its sole purpose is to
deliver crude oil to United Refining
Company’s refinery, where it is
transformed into usable fuels such as
gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, butane,
asphalt, and a variety of other petroleum
products. The crude oil originates in
western Canada providing for a line of
products generated entirely in North
America. Kiantone Pipeline is owned by
United Refining Company and was built
in 1971.
Kiantone Pipeline also operates two other
pipelines in Warren, Pennsylvania. These
pipelines transfer diesel fuel, FCC charge
and light cycle oil (LCO) between United
Refining Company’s refinery and its
tank farm for storage. All of the pipelines
operated by Kiantone Pipeline adhere to
the same standards and policies.

Flying J also hauls out of URC.............

Funny John C. did not mention that his refinery has been shutdown for 2 month's for a turn around, thus tank level's are low......and crude price is up. His massive storage tank's in Buffalo,NY sat full for the last 2 months as crude prices rose.......but didn't need to buy cause the refinery was shutdown, but now is back online.......$$$
Old 05-13-2022, 08:04 AM   #5

Wow.... mention of Warren, PA. Close to my hometown, but off the beaten path (both Warren and my home town (Oil City)), I have not heard the name Warren for a long time. O.C. to be home of Quaker State and Pennszoil before they moved to greener pastures in Texas.

Warren used to be a good town. Used to canoe the Allegheny river from Warren.

And yes, every time I pass through northwester PA or Southwestern NY, I always hit the "Indian reservation" fuel stations off the NY Thruway as their fuel was normally significantly below general truck stop prices. Strange that the absence of federal fuel taxes is not lowering prices. Getting to "reservation" fuel stations all stopped when I found myself trying to get under a railway overpass that was 13'3" trying to get cheap fuel. Quite an experience. Never again.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 08:59 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
[QUOTE=Gary.Jones;6179817]Wow.... mention of Warren, PA. Close to my hometown, but off the beaten path (both Warren and my home town (Oil City)), I have not heard the name Warren for a long time. O.C. to be home of Quaker State and Pennszoil before they moved to greener pastures in Texas.

Warren used to be a good town. Used to canoe the Allegheny river from Warren.

And yes, every time I pass through northwester PA or Southwestern NY, I always hit the "Indian reservation" fuel stations off the NY Thruway as their fuel was normally significantly below general truck stop prices. Strange that the absence of federal fuel taxes is not lowering prices. Getting to "reservation" fuel stations all stopped when I found myself trying to get under a railway overpass that was 13'3" trying to get cheap fuel. Quite an experience. Never again.

Its a small world Gary! I have lived in Warren all my life. I have spent the last 4 winter's at Cajun Palms close to you helping the owner expand and building new things......Mr. Lee sold the Resort last spring, now I just go visit him at his new house and he built a big shop with a bay with full hookup's for me that I pull into during my visit........ I worked at United Refining for 32 yrs. and before that, I use to drive semi and hauled out of the Refinery in Oil City! Safe travels to ya!!!
Old 05-13-2022, 09:50 AM   #7

I drove semi for Lyons Transportation Lines (LTL ?) and Mushroom Trans and I hauled oil and petroleum products from their plants during the summer and weekends during college later years to distribution warehouses in Pittsburgh and Erie.

Small world.... we need to connect up somewhere, sometime. If my medical situation holds, I hope to be up in those woods later summer or fall.

We can back-channel directly from now on. I'll send you my direct best email.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 10:26 AM   #8
WDW

Diesel Shortage Real

Gary - OCT. RR - my fondest recollection of Titusville, is rolling in on what is now the OCT on a high rail truck scouting the line with my friend took it over in the 1980s as the railroad operator. The line has basically been abandoned and has been taken over by a rail authority and they needed an operator. We rolled into town and stopped the high rail truck and I walked in to McDonald’s to have dinner to the amazement of all the locals that were there!

Eventually we sent down New York & Lake Erie engine 75 later known as Oil Creek & Titusville 75 which historically came from the Bethlehem steel complex in Buffalo. I actually ran the locomotive from Gowanda to Salamanca where interchanged for the trip to Titusville.

OCT - I have referred to it as the old creaky train.

i’m curious as to what underpass you found there was a problem with. There is a short one in Salamanca on Rt 417. & Business 219. but were able to fit under it. If you’re coming this way and you’re on interstate 86 right at 2:19 and 417 at exit 22 there are two large scale on the reservation stations Offer “tax free“ tax fuels.
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 06:41 PM   #9

Loves and TA are limiting amount purchased in one fill-up for truckers.....time to pay attention.
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel