Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora View Post
From my searching, I believe that you can take your home equipment with you with DirecTV but the Winegard In Motion satellite (which we have) requires the DISH ViP® 211z HD Receiver with the Dish Network. Don't know if DirectTV receivers all work with the In Motion satellite or not. The DISH ViP® 211z HD Receiver is not a DVR but apparently can be turned into one with a one time $40 set up charge and your own external hard drive. And, I think it only operates 1 tv at a time. Would need to get a receiver for each tv
The In Motion antenna has a dip switch that allows the antenna to be switched between Dish and Direct TV and the antenna is designed to be used for both.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2013, 05:58 PM   #16

I have the traveler sat with DTV.Get the genie receiver with the swm technology.I am able to watch a different channel on all 4 TVs while recording on the dvr.One remote will operate all 4 TVs but I did get 2 remotes.
GES627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:00 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RISCKY View Post
Any advice on which specific Direct TV receivers are best/easiest to set up in the Anthem? Also, I want her to be able to watch something in the bedroom and I watch a different channel on midship or outside TV. I need to get this installed and operational ASAP as pheasant season opens up SOON...and I'm ready to enjoy my Trav'ler satellite.
Sounds like you need the new Genie HR44(DVR will record 5 programs the same time) & 2 client receivers that can see anything recorded on the Genie.

If your Trav'ler isn't a SWM3 and is a SK-3005 then it will have to be converted to a SWM dish.

A new DirecTV customer will have a 2 year contract.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #18

DTV, Genie & Traveler SWM3

We have the Traveler SWM3 with the HR44 receiver and 2 Mini clients and 3 remotes. The HR44 runs the main TV and one mini for the bedroom and one for the front TV and Outside TV. 3 Remotes running RF. One for the main one for the bedroom and one for the outside and front TV. The outside and front mini client is installed next to the HR44 inside. The RF remote controls everything from outside fine, no need to mount the client outside. If you wait a while the wireless mini clients will be available and help with wiring.
G-Man51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:54 PM   #19

Last several replies have been extremely helpful. Thanks for everyones help!
Old 10-30-2013, 08:11 PM   #20

Be sure to figure out exactly what you want your system to do for you and explain it to the installer and get confirmation that it will work for you.

The installer who helped me setup my SWM receiver and gave me an dish pointing lesson said one of the new Genie systems is dependent upon specific pieces of hardware and you may find it wouldn't be suitable for your traveling lifestyle in the MoHo. Your situation may be different since you don't plan to have DirecTV at home. If you did, and got the newer Genie system, it sounds like could be a big hassle to try and take a receiver from home.

I'm taking an HR24 HD DVR from home and DirecTV didn't seem concerned at all with charging me extra for RV use when I told them my plans. Fortunately the dish is configured exactly as my home system so there are no setup changes to dish type, SWM/Multiswitch, etc just plug in, align dish and play.
bvaughn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:44 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RISCKY View Post
I understand that, however I do not have, nor do I want to have, a satellite service where I live. Different story regarding the RV.
Then your best option is Dish pay as you go.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:02 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 450Donn View Post
Then your best option is Dish pay as you go.
X2 no two year contact and pay for only what package you want when you travel, turn it off when you get home...no charge.

I have the Traveler for Dish on the TS and it was a big selling point that it was set up for "part time" Dish with no contract.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote