Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2016, 11:46 AM   #1

Direct TV Wireless Genie

Has anybody added the Direct TV Genie and the three wireless mini's to the other TV's and using the remotes that come with it, and if it works very well with no interference with each other of the tv's. ????
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2016, 03:43 PM   #2

We have two Genies and they work very well. The remotes are radio frequency so you can use it while viewing the outside TV. We have the main box in the bedroom and the small one one the living room. Great system!
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 06:59 PM   #3

Our mini Genies are coax based, not wireless. Several of your TVs are linked together (slaved) so you will have to do some other wiring to get all of them independent.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:02 PM   #4

Agree with TallTex. Had the genie in the bedroom and wireless in the living room and exercise room. Everything worked very well.

Recently dropped DirecTV and went with DISH. Got everything (channels, equipment, etc) that we had with DirecTV for $33 month less (two year guarantee). So far everything works great. In fact the Hopper3 is quite the piece of equipment, very impressive.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:27 PM   #5

We switched to the genie system with the main box in the living room of our 45k and we left the front tv slaved to the main. We put the exterior on it's own coax and the same with the bedroom. We do a lot of tailgating as Gary knows and the system works perfectly!
Ericlinde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 06:43 AM   #6

If you switch to Dish, does anything have to be done to the traveler?
hbatwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 06:53 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbatwell View Post
If you switch to Dish, does anything have to be done to the traveler?
It's about a $300. change over kit from Wineguard.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:17 AM   #8

Is anyone using the Genie with a dome satellite? I am about to have it installed in my S&B and plan to take it with me into the CS. They say I can hook it up to my dome just won't get HD
Not trying to steal post, only question that I have. Thanks.
rpowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:45 AM   #9

Genies and later DirecTV receivers use SWM (single wire multi feed). A dome dish's LNB is not compatible with this system. DirecTV still has the older legacy receiver and DVR (H24 & HR-24) that will work with the dome antenna or carryout.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:45 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
A dome will get HD on DISH, but not on DirectTV. I still have a DISH receiver left over from my previous MH dome. I still use that receiver for pay-as-you-go in the Entegra.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:21 AM   #11

Spartan Chassis
Hi All..
I do not own an Entegra ( wish I could afford one)but it's ancestor Travel Supreme.. Looks like a "Classic" Entegra..
Several years ago I could not get the HD TV Flat panels to work with all the other equipment. I had a crap King Dome wouldn't lock onto a satellite and the TV's would not talk to the tuner or anything.. Really frustrating.. The coax was a spaghetti mess.. Could not figure out what went where..
I was due an upgrade so I got in touch with Direct TV and upgraded to wireless Genie and 4 clients... This was for the house.. And I move the equipment when we travel.. The only thing I had to install is the wireless router... Works like a dream... I bought power supplies (extra) for the main genie and the remote clients.. So it's really easy for me to move the equipment.. Between the travlr and this new (well recent) equipment it's really remarkable... Great HD TV and records up to 4 other channels we get all the TV we want.. We have east and west coast feeds so we time shift network shows for many shows..
So my vote is for a wireless genie.. All 4 TV's can watch it's own channel so we can watch different programing at the same time.. Needless to say I am real popular during super bowl time on our 42 inch HDTV in our outside bin!
Good luck with this.. I don't thing you will be disappointed with this equipment..
Ron
Entegra wanna be!
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:30 PM   #12

Thank all of you it was great information
Old 09-02-2016, 07:23 AM   #13

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhusak View Post
Hi All..
I do not own an Entegra ( wish I could afford one)but it's ancestor Travel Supreme.. Looks like a "Classic" Entegra..
Several years ago I could not get the HD TV Flat panels to work with all the other equipment. I had a crap King Dome wouldn't lock onto a satellite and the TV's would not talk to the tuner or anything.. Really frustrating.. The coax was a spaghetti mess.. Could not figure out what went where..
I was due an upgrade so I got in touch with Direct TV and upgraded to wireless Genie and 4 clients... This was for the house.. And I move the equipment when we travel.. The only thing I had to install is the wireless router... Works like a dream... I bought power supplies (extra) for the main genie and the remote clients.. So it's really easy for me to move the equipment.. Between the travlr and this new (well recent) equipment it's really remarkable... Great HD TV and records up to 4 other channels we get all the TV we want.. We have east and west coast feeds so we time shift network shows for many shows..
So my vote is for a wireless genie.. All 4 TV's can watch it's own channel so we can watch different programing at the same time.. Needless to say I am real popular during super bowl time on our 42 inch HDTV in our outside bin!
Good luck with this.. I don't thing you will be disappointed with this equipment..
Ron
Entegra wanna be!
Ron,

Glad to see you're getting along well with your Sat TV setup....

Don
Owners of: www.tvformyrv.com
TVforMyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 09:23 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
FYI, my plan is to do a 6x4 HDMI Control4 Matrix in the basement.

I will be doing a Control4 EA1 or EA3 controller. The six inputs will be 3 Satellite boxes, 2 Apple TV's and one Slingbox. This way I can make any TV do ANYTHING I want it to do. I am going to see if I can make the cameras on an input that way I can put outside cams on any TV. Control4 will also operate all the AV stuff.
AndyE_ is offline   Reply With Quote