RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2020, 04:55 PM   #1

DirecTV 2020 Anthem

DirecTV experienced installer looked at the set up in our 2020 Anthem today to prep for install tomorrow. Travelr antenna deployed fine and he got good signal at the main TV and bedroom TV sat outputs.
He does not see how to attach a receiver client to the exterior TV. Does exterior TV mirror the bedroom TV and the front TV mirrors the main TV?

GrandPaPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2020, 05:37 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Sounds like you need a RV installer who knows the system. A single receiver can be shared by the entire coach. The selection of what to watch, DTV, over-the-air, DVD, etc, is made at each TV through the Vegatouch system (using the TV matrix). To do so, the receiver gets added to the AV system, and will be able to be selected by any of the four TVs. The draw-back is that you will be seeing the same channel on all 4 TVs. The Travelr can drive two receivers which enables watching two different channels at one time, in which case most people put the second receiver in the bedroom. Bottom line, the outside TV is already wired into the AV system, so once the DTV receiver is properly installed, DTV will automatically be one of the selections at the outside TV.

DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 06:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPaPat View Post
DirecTV experienced installer looked at the set up in our 2020 Anthem today to prep for install tomorrow. Travelr antenna deployed fine and he got good signal at the main TV and bedroom TV sat outputs.
He does not see how to attach a receiver client to the exterior TV. Does exterior TV mirror the bedroom TV and the front TV mirrors the main TV?
I assume your 2020 Anthem is same as our cornerstone. Both of our receivers, genie and mini, sit in the same spot and there’s one connection that goes directly to the main 4K tv. Main receiver feeds the other three tvs.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:21 PM   #4

The set up I am looking for is to be able to watch two different Directv channels on two different TVs at the same time.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:17 PM   #5

I recently purchased a 2020 Anthem "W" layout. I tried to hook-up our Directv DVR and found that the Traveler Satellite connection was in the left-hand upper cabinet and the Vega Touch was in the right hand upper cabinet where you need to input the HDMI Satellite receiver into the "B" input in the Vega Touch to use the Satellite throughout the coach. Not only was that a problem but the cabinets were too small to accommodate the Directv DVR.
I ended-up running a satellite antenna coax wire into the right cabinet (behind the main tv speaker bar) and routed down into a new connection panel on the left-hand side of the kitchen cabinet along with a new HDMI cable tied into the Vega Touch. In order for Satellite to be shared on all the TV's it needs to be connected to the "B" input on the Vega Touch. A second receiver can be installed in the bedroom for the bedroom tv only.
I've attached a picture of my installation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200210_171657.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	255.8 KB
ID:	275173  
Old 02-15-2020, 12:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryokid View Post
I recently purchased a 2020 Anthem "W" layout. I tried to hook-up our Directv DVR and found that the Traveler Satellite connection was in the left-hand upper cabinet and the Vega Touch was in the right hand upper cabinet where you need to input the HDMI Satellite receiver into the "B" input in the Vega Touch to use the Satellite throughout the coach. Not only was that a problem but the cabinets were too small to accommodate the Directv DVR.
I ended-up running a satellite antenna coax wire into the right cabinet (behind the main tv speaker bar) and routed down into a new connection panel on the left-hand side of the kitchen cabinet along with a new HDMI cable tied into the Vega Touch. In order for Satellite to be shared on all the TV's it needs to be connected to the "B" input on the Vega Touch. A second receiver can be installed in the bedroom for the bedroom tv only.
I've attached a picture of my installation.
We have 2020 Anthem 44B where the electronics cabinet is above the fireplace. So we have figured out that two different satellite channels can be viewed on main TV and Bedroom TV at same time. I want to know can it be done on exterior TV.
Old 02-15-2020, 06:50 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPaPat View Post
The set up I am looking for is to be able to watch two different Directv channels on two different TVs at the same time.
That's how mine is set up. One receiver for the LR, front and outside TV, the other for the BR
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 07:34 AM   #8

Ok the installer put the HR54 receiver in the electronics cabinet and it controls all 4 TVs through the Matrix on HDMI1. A Genie client went on the bedroom TV and works on HDMI2 for separate channel viewing. Thanks for the guidance.

Tags
anthem, directv