Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2018, 08:05 PM   #1

DIRECTV hookup and Blue ray use in 2017 Anthem

picked up our new Anthem last Wednesday in Orlando. Took my old DTV boxes from traded 15 Dutch Star for install on new coach. Model is 42 RBQ..Bedroom works well except Blue Ray won't come on. Not so much for mid coach, no DTV, can't source to HDMI 1, only #3..no Blue Ray or Bose. Called Entegra CS, they arebaffled too....any suggestions would be appreciated.
2nsman
2017 RBQ
2nsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2018, 06:00 AM   #2

Have you tried to switch AV on the Vegatouch? Make sure there is a Direct TV prompt on the Vega display. If not, follow the instruction manual to get the Direct TV prompt on Vega touch.
737 Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:38 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I know nothing about the new models, but I do have a Classic RBQ that had a similar problem. Removing the panel in the bathroom cabinet the cables were never connected the the white junction box in the upper right corner of the entertainment center.
Also check the outlet that the Blue Ray and Bose plug into, do they have power? I had a few wires that I had to trace down and connect when my coach was new. But a whole different building process back then and no Vega Touch that I know nothing about.

Another place to check connection is the HDMI cable router in the basement. On the Classics, it's in the last compartment P/S side on the ceiling. Also check to see if it is plugged in, if it's the same as the Classic.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:43 AM   #4

Spartan Chassis
As per Chuck, did you check to make sure all the HDMI cables are plugged into the junction box in the basement. Mine is on the basement ceiling in the last big bay (no sliding tray) on the passenger side. When I took delivery I had loose cables at this box.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:02 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Didn't your Orlando dealer help to hook this up as part of the delivery process?
Old 01-17-2018, 07:06 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I know nothing about the new models, but I do have a Classic RBQ that had a similar problem. Removing the panel in the bathroom cabinet the cables were never connected the the white junction box in the upper right corner of the entertainment center.
Also check the outlet that the Blue Ray and Bose plug into, do they have power? I had a few wires that I had to trace down and connect when my coach was new. But a whole different building process back then and no Vega Touch that I know nothing about.

Another place to check connection is the HDMI cable router in the basement. On the Classics, it's in the last compartment P/S side on the ceiling. Also check to see if it is plugged in, if it's the same as the Classic.
Thanks..checked the junction box yesterday, and also receptacles in box above TV. All hot. I don't show a DTV icon on Vegatouch. Check that out next. thanks to all. Love the coach, but complexities are light years beyond 2015 DS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
As per Chuck, did you check to make sure all the HDMI cables are plugged into the junction box in the basement. Mine is on the basement ceiling in the last big bay (no sliding tray) on the passenger side. When I took delivery I had loose cables at this box.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:10 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post

I need to meet you sometime. I see you're in the Cape. We are Bonita home base, but keep coach at Naples Motorhome Resort near 41 and 951. RBQ is a terrific floor plan. too bad they are Sun setting it.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:20 AM   #8

Go to the Firefly manual on how to put the Direct Tv prompt on Vega. I will try to enclose that page for you or just go to their website to find the info. When you get the Direct Tv prompt on Vega, it should have been set up by the factory to do all the switching automatically for you, including the source. The folks at Firefly would be glad to assist you if need be.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A65CF24D-272D-499B-8C90-A4E6C1298279.png
Views:	59
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	189080  
Old 01-17-2018, 08:20 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGo View Post
Didn't your Orlando dealer help to hook this up as part of the delivery process?
yes, but didn't have the correct DTV boxes when we did PDI. Also we were on a fast track needed to get back to SW Florida to start remodel from Hurricane IRMA damage. long story...dealer did what they could under our time constraints
Old 01-17-2018, 10:30 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 737 Driver View Post
Go to the Firefly manual on how to put the Direct Tv prompt on Vega. I will try to enclose that page for you or just go to their website to find the info. When you get the Direct Tv prompt on Vega, it should have been set up by the factory to do all the switching automatically for you, including the source. The folks at Firefly would be glad to assist you if need be.
Thanks 737 D....after putting the DTV icon and loading on the Vegatouch screen, I now get stations on DTV, not all, but most. Some fine tuning still needed, CS should be able ( along with DTV CS ) help me cross the finish line.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:32 PM   #11

Glad it is mostly working.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:24 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Did you try check satellites and a new channel scan?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:44 PM   #13

Yes I did...DIRECTV tech just left. Problem solved when I learned how to program AV on the Vegatouch. Everything working now as it should.

Tags
directv