Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2014, 01:14 AM   #1

DIRECTV Infrared

Anyone know what the little infrared sensor is called and where to get it like the one in the bedroom. so we don't have to open cabinet to operate tv.
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2014, 05:08 AM   #2

I put it on the receiver sensor and it works, but I can't get a signal from the dish.
The receiver in the living room is working great, does anyone know how too hook up the one in the bedroom?
RLWoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:11 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
We got an RF remote and it will change the receiver from the bedroom. But we also had to run an HDMI cable from the receiver to the br. Have not done that in new MH but did in our last TT -but the rf remote is nice so you don't have to point directly at the receiver.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:29 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Johnney, I found this, is this what you are looking for? Amazon.com: DirecTV - Remote-Control Extenders / Remote Controls: Electronics

I have heard of others upgrading their remotes that will even work outside. I think Swenster told me about that but not sure. I'll be watch this as I want to upgrade and will be switching to Direct when the Anthem is finally ready.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:37 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Emitters for infrared controls

Johnny

I think this is what you need. My Anthem uses a Connex 40430 Infrared repeater. It has about 3 empty sockets on the one in the bedroom and the one on the living room cabinet. You plug one of these into an empty socket and your existing infrared eyeball will parrot whatever signal it sees to the end. The emitters have adhesive on the end and you just stick them on your reciever.

This is the model listed as the compatable add on emitter. They are $13 on Amazon.

Amazon.com: C2G / Cables to Go 40433 Dual Infrared Emitter (10 feet): Electronics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	61261  
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Johnney, I found this, is this what you are looking for? Amazon.com: DirecTV - Remote-Control Extenders / Remote Controls: Electronics

I have heard of others upgrading their remotes that will even work outside. I think Swenster told me about that but not sure. I'll be watch this as I want to upgrade and will be switching to Direct when the Anthem is finally ready.

Yes, we talked about it. The RF remotes from Directv work great from anywhere in or out of the coach. We have 3 so we don't have to carry it around. Highly recommend them
Swenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:48 AM   #7

Those RF remotes are great, but my TV's still need the IR to turn them on and off.
vraines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:48 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swenster View Post
Yes, we talked about it. The RF remotes from Directv work great from anywhere in or out of the coach. We have 3 so we don't have to carry it around. Highly recommend them
Thanks, at least I still have my memory . Where did you get those Tom, from Direct or are they the ones the came with the receiver?
Old 04-24-2014, 06:05 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swenster View Post
Tom, don't you need a receiver that has the small 90 degree antenna on the back for RF ?
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:17 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
This is what you want. It works from anywhere in the coach or from the patio. No IR needed. This is not the one that came with your reciever, but works the same only it will penetrate your equipment cabinet and does not have to be aimed.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:52 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Mine came with the receiver. As I recall there was some programming to do to the box to tell it to recognize the RF. DTV was really helpful in getting that step done. I seem to recall that not all receivers will work with RF.

IR works on all TV's from the DTV remote but as noted you have to point them at the TV.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:01 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog44 View Post
Mine came with the receiver. As I recall there was some programming to do to the box to tell it to recognize the RF. DTV was really helpful in getting that step done. I seem to recall that not all receivers will work with RF.

IR works on all TV's from the DTV remote but as noted you have to point them at the TV.
I just saw a video on programing the receiver for the RF remote on youtube
Old 04-24-2014, 07:05 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
This is what you want. It works from anywhere in the coach or from the patio. No IR needed. This is not the one that came with your reciever, but works the same only it will penetrate your equipment cabinet and does not have to be aimed.
Bookmarked and saved Marc, thanks. I am enjoying this Direct TV post. After 20 years with Dish, I will be changing to Direct because of the Traveler and I don't know a thing about Direct equipment.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:24 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck, I have been with Direct for over 20 years. Their signal is exceptionally good, customer service could be better. They give little or no help on RV installation topics. If you have any questions I can probably answer them.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote