Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2014, 01:27 AM   #1

DirecTV Remote

We have 2 boxes h 24 directv the bedroom box has stopped taking commands, dtv sent me a new box I activated it everything started working normally. So 1 hour later back to the same thing on new box new batteries in remote the remote works fine on all the other tvs though this has got me stumped, thx for any advice on this. btw I have reset the box unplugged it and changed the ir remote settings to rf and back no help/
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2014, 06:32 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
We have 2 boxes h 24 directv the bedroom box has stopped taking commands, dtv sent me a new box I activated it everything started working normally. So 1 hour later back to the same thing on new box new batteries in remote the remote works fine on all the other tvs though this has got me stumped, thx for any advice on this. btw I have reset the box unplugged it and changed the ir remote settings to rf and back no help/
Is your problem that your remote doesn't control the new box? If so reprogram the remote to the new box. Not sure which remote you have but the RC64 is the most common. Here is the manual for it. The codes of the directv boxes is 00001 or 00002.
http://www.directv.com/learn/pdf/Rem...RC64forWeb.pdf
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:44 AM   #3

Gary, will you be moonlighting at the Spartan school? I have lots of mods to be done...and would be willing to let you work your magic!
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:51 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyinWP View Post
Gary, will you be moonlighting at the Spartan school? I have lots of mods to be done...and would be willing to let you work your magic!
We are currently in Auburn, IN, car museum hopping. Thinking about the "Auburn Boattale look" for the Anthem! What do ya think ..
Old 06-14-2014, 07:01 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Do you have an IR or RF remote? If IR, you must be sure that the IR repeater emitter is properly positioned on the reciever. To see if this is the problem, open the cabinet and aim your remote directly at the receiver, not the cabinet. If this works then your problem is with the IR IR repeater, not your receiver.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:48 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought I read where the Direct TV receivers have to be set for IR or RF remotes. Could that be the problem? I am still learning DTV equipment and no expert, for sure.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 02:24 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Yes, as long as the remote is rf capable, you can program it for either. He did say that he programmed it both ways and it still didn't work.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:05 PM   #8

THX for chiming in guys dtv says they are sending me a rf remote that will solve the problem I am also no expert what gets me is its worked fine for 9 months then just stopped The only thing it may be is what MrUSA told me that it may be the bubble on the front of the tv that you add to the box with a little wire and a smaller bubble to the arrow on the box or dvr has 1 too it is getting power as the red lite on the power source is illuminated.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:27 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
The "bubble" that mounts on the receiver box has to be mounted in just the right place, over the IR receiver in the box. If it is off by 1/2" it won't work. Sometimes you can just barely see where the IR receiver is behind the fascia of the receiver box. If not, you can find it by progressively blocking most of the receiver with solid object so that just a sliver of the receiver is not blocked. Move your blocking material around until the remote works despite the blocking. Whatever is not blocked at that point is where the IR reciever is in your receiver box.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:38 PM   #10

ok Marc u will love this I was moving it around trying to find right spot and its not even on the box meaning the smaller bubble is dangling not even on the receiver and its working for how long I don't know though. I really just don't get it. I can say I have fixed tinkered jerry rigged stuff all my life with a great amount of success and this one really makes absolutely no sense what so ever I am truly stumped
Old 06-14-2014, 07:04 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Well, you have just managed to have it dangle in the perfect position, but what are the odds it will be in that same place after you drive the coach?
Old 06-15-2014, 12:09 AM   #12

Its nowhere near where its supposed to be Marc its laying beside the wnole box....
Old 06-15-2014, 06:30 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
I could be reflecting somehow to the IR receiver. Whetever, the RF remote will solve these problems for good. And another nice thing about RF remote is you do not have to point it at the TV. It will even work from another room or from outside the coach.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:07 PM   #14

NICE. thX USA