Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2017, 04:26 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Dish Pay as You Go

We use the Dish RV service, Pay As You Go. Boy what a pain every time you activate and then when you deactivate the satellite service. We always get someone who has no clue how their RV Service works. They what to charge for all sorts of fees. Does anyone have a number or way to make this less frustrating?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2017, 04:36 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I didn't have that big of a problem after I finally got signed up, but changing the locals was a nightmare. I finally switched my S&B back to DISH and ended the pay as you go problem. Now I just add the MH for $7.00 a month when we travel and ended that problem.
I wish there was a magic number, but I never found it.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 04:40 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I will be trying Direct TV Now on my AT&T unlimited plan. 55 channels $35 per month. Special going right now that will give u a $25 discount per month for 2 years. The DTV Now data does not count against your unlimited plan. Use their Unite Explore aircard with mimo antenna ports. Have tested at the S&B worked good. Will be installing that and weboost booster in 2 weeks
royals1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 04:41 PM   #4

The easiest way is to set up a online account. I never need to call. Everything is done online. When you want the service to start, just pay a month ahead and the service will start in a few minutes. When you want the service to stop, don't pay for the month ahead. Very easy. Don't use auto pay. Paying ahead is for the next 30 days. You will get a email when it is due if you want to pay for another month.
vanmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 05:01 PM   #5

We've had Dish since 2014; which at the time was a great deal. Pay as you go, start, stop as you like. But it seems the last couple of years it has become more difficult and costly for the services and numerous channels never watched. Depends on where you travel, stay, and amount of time glued to TV. Some local air channels are extremely good at a great price---free. But if you're a full timer I can totally understand the want/need for good quality service. All of em want our business and can be tough choosing.
EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 07:35 AM   #6

We have DISH at home. We just pay an additional $7.00 per month for the coach. It works great and we have never had a problem when changing locations. Just a simple phone call.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:41 PM   #7

Dish has an RV specific staff that you used to ask for and they would switch you to them. However the last couple of years I them them I have an RV account and they seem to know what to do. Likely I have just been lucky BUT I did complain enough several years ago that I wanted someone who spoke English that when I got a supervisor she tagged my number to always rout it toan onshore site. I think they have moved all customer service back onshore. Since then my encounters have been much better.
Old 05-28-2017, 05:22 AM   #8

I am also doing the direct tv route... just add 7.00 per month for my anthem

2 tvs at my house... 65.00 per month for decent package,, (with the 2 year agreement) just doesn't seem it gets ant cheaper than that for decent reliable tv .. works for me
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 05:47 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Gene thanks for the tip. I just switched back to Dish, glad I did, but a few calls I had to make went the Philippines and I asked to be switched back to the USA. I am going to try to get a note on my file "hearing impaired" or what ever it takes. Thanks for that suggestion.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:40 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Gene thanks for the tip. I just switched back to Dish, glad I did, but a few calls I had to make went the Philippines and I asked to be switched back to the USA. I am going to try to get a note on my file "hearing impaired" or what ever it takes. Thanks for that suggestion.
I understand large companies cutting costs but the 800-Dish operators in the Phillipines or Costa RICO are terrible. As soon as you say RV you might as well be saying "I'm a Martian". They don't understand. I have had so many times they have asked me to unplug-then plug my box in, I have learned to ask for a representative in the US. The other key word is after you have your local channels reset tell them to send a "hit" to your receiver. Otherwise they don't and it will take two more calls to get the channels working. Maybe it costs them money to send a "hit". I don't know why they don't do it every time. A hit is a global signal to the satellite that a new receicever is authorized.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:08 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
We have had Dish at home and in the coach since 2013. The only problem we've ever had is an occasional ESL agent that took a little to understand what I wanted and once in a while it takes 2 calls to get locals to switch. Sometimes we don't change anything and use OTA or park cable for locals. We recently upgraded our S&B system and left a VIP211Z receiver in the coach. The agent that signed us up suggested we have the coach receiver "idle" until we need it. We had our first trip with that arrangement last week. Worked like a charm, on and off. They prorate the $7 fee for how long it was activated, I will check to see if the really did prorate $7/month into 5 days.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:27 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Vance, we had that system for years in the TS and it was fool proof. No problems with the billing, ever. We liked it so much, we just switched back to DISH in the S&B and now will have same setup in the MH again.

I just bought a new Wally receiver for the salon.....if we stay long enough in one spot, I can turn on the 211 in the bedroom for a second receiver and turn it off again with just a phone call.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:01 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
As others here, we simply added $7/mo for MH roof top SAT receiver -DISH. We also carry a Winegard-PathwayX2 portable SAT (for those locations under trees....we can still find enough sky to have SAT). And because the portable set-up/scan is different than the roof top, we carry a 'designated portable SAT receiver' too. We have had DISH at home for many years, so yr-round we just pay for 3 receivers....seemed less hassle than calling to add/suspend since we are not full-timers.

The CAVEATS: (1) We also found that 'if unused for sometimes as little time as 2 weeks, DISH de-activates that particular receiver.'. Which does require the infamous 'non us-based call center.'. So, when home in winter months, we set up the portable for home use to keep it "active" since we are paying 12 months/yr. And, when on the road traveling, we try to 'use' the portable at least 1-2 days every two weeks even if we are in clear sky RV sites. However, when we dewinterize each spring, we do have to call DISH to reactivate the rooftop receiver because our MH is stored inside a building all winter.

And, (2) Our dealer installed an A-B switch in the bay (per ?Jacob? At Entegra's suggestion), however...the PathwayX2 does not have a separate power cord and therefore, the coxial cable provides signal handshake AND powers portable SAT. Which means the coxial connection requires an uninterrupted portable-to-receiver cabling. I think FLA TOM and others recently posted on the A-B portable SAT issues. FWIW, because our Pathway requires uninterrupted coaxial..we simply run it through toll window in MH, disconnect the HDMI for the rooftop, and connect the HDMI for the portable. We do not have the BOMB box, we do the HDMI exchange at the OEM cable connection plate inside the area above the FRP. This provides DISH SAT available to all TVs in the Coach.

For Locals (we have at home), we skip the additional steps for DISH locals when traveling and simply use OTA or park cable.

Overall, very happy long-time DISH subscribers.

Safe Travels To All
BeHappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish