Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2018, 01:39 PM   #1

Dish Question

We are generally not big TV folks and haven't even turned on all the TV's but with a trip pending we may be ready to use our Dish Antenna. My question is what equipment do I buy? We have Fios at home so the equipment will be RV only.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2018, 01:51 PM   #2

There are so many threads on this subject in this forum already. You didn't say full-time or part-time.

Assuming part-time, a Dish Wally with a dome antenna on a Pay-As-You-Go plan.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 01:52 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Dish Question

Is the antenna designed for dish network or directv or both? That would determine the advice.
If it’s dish network a Wally tuner about 80 bucks online and a “outdoor tv” pay as you go dish plan .
We aren’t pay as you go but use a basic flex pac and add packages , hbo, sports, local, news pac etc as we need and drop or add as we need.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:17 PM   #4

We had them convert the Wingard to Dish from Direct. We will only be using the coach on a sporadic basis. We'll be at Spartan for training in October and then on the road for ten days or so. We thought we might actually turn the TV's on once and a while when we travel. I wouldn't want to miss another fabulous performance by the Buffalo Bills like they had last week.

I know there have been other threads about this in the past but I wasn't sure if the equipment was still the same or if it has changed since the last thread.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:22 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Wally and pay for the months you use.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:25 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
We had them convert the Wingard to Dish from Direct. We will only be using the coach on a sporadic basis. We'll be at Spartan for training in October and then on the road for ten days or so. We thought we might actually turn the TV's on once and a while when we travel. I wouldn't want to miss another fabulous performance by the Buffalo Bills like they had last week.

I know there have been other threads about this in the past but I wasn't sure if the equipment was still the same or if it has changed since the last thread.
Wally receiver.
Pay as you go subscription.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:43 PM   #7

Do you get one Wally which will handle all four TV's or do you need a Wally for each TV?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but we haven't used satellite TV in years and years so it's all pretty new to us.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:45 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I also upgraded from a 211k to a Wally, $79 on Amazon. Nice and small and a much better HD picture than the older 211's. Pay as you go is about as simple as it gets with no contracts. I have had both services and switched back to DISH as they were much more RV friendly for me.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I also upgraded from a 211k to a Wally, $79 on Amazon. Nice and small and a much better HD picture than the older 211's. Pay as you go is about as simple as it gets with no contracts. I have had both services and switched back to DISH as they were much more RV friendly for me.

Does one Wally handle all four TV's? I wasn't sure if we needed to get four or one or what?
Old 09-12-2018, 02:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Do you get one Wally which will handle all four TV's or do you need a Wally for each TV?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but we haven't used satellite TV in years and years so it's all pretty new to us.
Depends on the wiring to the TVs. If there are HDMI cables (I doubt) than a HDMI splitter could allow one Wally to drive 4 TVs.

4 TVs and not "generally not big TV folks" is not consistent.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 03:02 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Does one Wally handle all four TV's? I wasn't sure if we needed to get four or one or what?
Handles all 4 TV's and with the IR remote even works outside, which the 211 would not do. You can purchase additional remotes for under $20. on ebay. The new 54 remote has voice feature if connected to the internet. Another nice feature of the 54 is it is back lighted. I am going to upgrade all of my remotes, S&B and MH to the 54's. A 4 pack can be purchased for under $60.

If you want different channels on different TV's, that would require additional Wally's. We do fine with one Wally and over that air antenna.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:02 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale & Mark Bruss View Post
Depends on the wiring to the TVs. If there are HDMI cables (I doubt) than a HDMI splitter could allow one Wally to drive 4 TVs.

4 TVs and not "generally not big TV folks" is not consistent.
Dale, lol, that's the way the rig came. I didn't count the two other TV's in the bunks which I think only hook up to the DVR's. Right now I'm just trying to figure out what equipment I may need. When my in laws come with us I know we will have to have all the non-bunk TV's functioning.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:03 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Dish Question

Generally you would want a tuner ( Wally ) at ea TV. You can adapt the Wally composite to coax for just a few bucks and send to as many TVs as there are cable going to them. But it’s std definition.
4 tv’s .. wow I’m a avid tv watcher and I have two .. I’m jealous [emoji6][emoji106]
Old 09-12-2018, 03:10 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
Generally you would want a tuner ( Wally ) at ea TV. You can adapt the Wally composite to coax for just a few bucks and send to as many TVs as there are cable going to them. But it’s std definition.
4 tv’s .. wow I’m a avid tv watcher and I have two .. I’m jealous [emoji6][emoji106]
Entegra's come prewired for all 4 TV's to be in HD with only one receiver. Might be time for an upgrade in MH's

Tags
dish