Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2017, 02:45 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Dishnetwork Customers

If you have in-motion and or tailgater and are using a 211 receiver you can switch to the all new Wally by dish and it is a UHF remote and will work anywhere inside and out. You can program it to the tv and only have one remote for all the tv's. I just bought one and it is great.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2017, 03:44 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I also just purchase a Wally. I liked the Hopper 3 so much in the S&B, I realized how outdated the 211 was and I even added an IR remote extender. That was 1/2 the price of the Wally just for the extender.

From reading posts about the Wally, the HD quality was much better than the old 211's so for $78 on eBay I had to try it. The size alone is worth the money.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 03:58 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I recently purchased a Wally too. Connected it to my main TV.

Here's how my connections run:
In-Motion SAT to Wally (Coax)
Wally to Main TV (HDMI)

Now, I'd like to connect the Wally to the All-In-One push button controller for all TV's in the coach. This way, I can push the SAT button to see the same show on any TV.

The Wally only has one coax connection (IN), and RCA or HDMI (OUT).
I've tried using an RF Modulator (Coax in and out, and RCA-In), but the picture quality is poor on any TV, going through the Push button controller.
I guess, not surprising using the RCA jacks from the Wally to the RF Modulator.

Anyone have a better solution to use one Wally for all TVs? I thought the 211's at least have coax connections for In and Out. Not really happy that my new Wally doesn't.

Cheers!!
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 04:04 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Rusty, the 14's and above have HDMI out to all the TV's from just one receiver. I guess that is part of the modern entertainment center. I had a $3,400 entertainment up charge on my coach, I believe that was part of the package.
Old 06-07-2017, 05:02 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
A drawback of the 211 is inability to record other than what you are watching. Can you record one show and watch another with the Wally?
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 05:07 PM   #6

Dishnetwork Customers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
A drawback of the 211 is inability to record other than what you are watching. Can you record one show and watch another with the Wally?

Actually with the 211k I have been able to watch one show live and record another show by adding the optional hard drive. It would appear the Wally has no connection for an optional hard drive?

Also the 211 you can connect an OTA antenna. And the receiver will show the programming in the guide. Not sure the Wally does this if it doesn't have another connection for the antenna.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 05:14 PM   #7

I heard that using the Wally you must be connected to all three satellites. If missing even one, the Wally won't work. True?
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 05:20 PM   #8

Our 3 Vip211K units work fine, but then again, we don't record... but we DO like to bring in LOCAL stations into the Guide, which is very nice, and even share the signal with the bunk TVs.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 05:22 PM   #9

I know this is off topic in a sense, but since I have experienced Dish's Hopper 17 channels of simultaneous record, its pretty hard to live with anything less capable. We try to avoid watching "live" TV anymore and the 17 record channels means that we can be recording all the major networks plus another 9 or 10 shows simultaneously (we never do that, but it was surprising how often we record 3 channels of just the stuff that we like to watch), and then because they are all recorded, we can speed through commercials and cut down the crap that TV Watchers are forced to endure with television!!!!

Had not heard of the Wally and will look into what it can do

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 06:45 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
Actually with the 211k I have been able to watch one show live and record another show by adding the optional hard drive. It would appear the Wally has no connection for an optional hard drive?

Also the 211 you can connect an OTA antenna. And the receiver will show the programming in the guide. Not sure the Wally does this if it doesn't have another connection for the antenna.
Yes the Wally has a USB port for a HD. Also has an optional adapter for an OTA connection. It will also receive apps such as Netflex, Bluetooth for any Bluetooth device you might want to use. Lots of upgrades over my 211. Compared to the features of the new Wally, my 211 is showing its age
https://www.dishformyrv.com/dish-wally-hd-receiver/
Old 06-07-2017, 06:49 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
I heard that using the Wally you must be connected to all three satellites. If missing even one, the Wally won't work. True?
Old problem, long resolved.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 06:51 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post

Wally can have a hard drive connected for DVR functionality. An OTA adapter can also be added - allowing OTA channels to appear in the program guide listing.
Old 06-07-2017, 06:53 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have two Wally's with Traveler antenna. Have had 211k and 211z previously. The Wally is much improved. The RF remote and newer user interface, plus overall just works better IMHO.
Old 06-07-2017, 06:55 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
I used the rf modulator to go from rca cable to coax to my push button controller. The picture is fine for us. The main thing for us was to be able to us the remote in the bedroom or outside.

Tags
dish