Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2015, 08:19 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Dishwasher drawer locked "open"

I have cut power to the Dishwasher, read the owners manual, searched the forum and cannot find an answer to the dishwasher drawer locked open. Has anyone ran into the problem of not being able to close the drawer?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2015, 08:30 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Hi. This thread has some information re: the remotes that may help.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/dish...ng-241095.html

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:54 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck,

Sometimes when ours beeps for no reason cycling the "Kitchen" circuit breaker will reset it, other times Robin has to climb under the sink (I won't fit), unplug it, wait a few seconds then plug it back in. If you haven't tried unplugging it give it a try.

Vance & Robin
Dexter and Winston - Old English Sheepdog Security Service
2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:17 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I have had the circuit breaker pulled for 30 minutes and cannot see a plug behind it. The drawer goes in about 1/2 way then jams up. I see nothing blocking the sliding track so it has go to be something in the locking mechanism. The DW as never been used and I thing the second time it has been opened.

I just asked the Entegra service tech that is here on site and he didn't know either. This thing is about ready to become a cabinet
Old 06-10-2015, 09:35 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck,

Did you try powering it up and use the remote to unlock it?

Other than that, if it only closes halfway it sounds like something is jammed preventing it from closing.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:43 AM   #6

Chuck, what actually locks the drawer is the lid coming down on top of the drawer. That also seals it during operation. I would look up at the lid with the drawer open and make sure it's out of the way. It may be possible to get it out of sequence. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:15 AM   #7

When pushing the drawer in is it a hard stop. This sounds more like a problem with the slide rails then with the electronics of the Dish washer.
Just my guess.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:09 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I have had the circuit breaker pulled for 30 minutes and cannot see a plug behind it. The drawer goes in about 1/2 way then jams up. I see nothing blocking the sliding track so it has go to be something in the locking mechanism. The DW as never been used and I thing the second time it has been opened.

I just asked the Entegra service tech that is here on site and he didn't know either. This thing is about ready to become a cabinet
When you say "half way"....do you mean half way from full extension of the drawer? If yes, this sounds more like a mechanical problem rather than electrical.

I bet you're gonna have to pull the entire tub out to find that there is an obstruction of some type preventing it to close.

Not good.

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:33 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
We had the same issue with ours one time when I forced the door open when it was locked. Cycling the breaker didn't resolve it but pulling the plug and leaving it out for a few minutes took care of it. Could have been a coincidence.

Chuck - The plug may be a little behind the dishwasher which is why my slender wife is the one that has to crawl in, with a flashlight, to unplug it.

Vance & Robin
Old 06-10-2015, 03:55 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Here is what transpired today. Entegra Tech tried for 1/2 an hour, no luck. He called the appliance expert at Entegra and tried to trouble shoot it over the phone.....no luck. I pulled the breaker and will leave it off over night. Tomorrow morning I will remove the drawer and see if I can see a problem for the top end as I see no problem from the bottom end and maybe I can find a plug with the drawer removed. Thanks for all of the suggestions.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:47 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
If the drawer you're talking about is the below sink drawer that will help see the plug. Obviously, removing the dishwasher drawer won't help you see the plug. ;-)

Vance & Robin
Old 06-11-2015, 03:59 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Tried all of the suggestions and I am sorry to say, nothing worked. I guess we will stop by Entegra tomorrow and see if they have a secret.

BTW, the plug on the 2014 is behind the under sink trash can drawer up behind the kitchen sink, a little hard to see.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:56 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Yep, that's where mine is and why DW has to climb in to pull it.

Vance & Robin
Old 06-12-2015, 09:07 PM   #14

Dish drawer is easy to remove a clip on each side near the out ends of the rails and the entire drawer comes off the hoses are long enough you can set the drawer off to the side to inspect the inside to see what is blocking it my bet is something is stuck in there. It can't be locked down with the drawer out and if it was you would not be able to slide it at all. https://www.fisherpaykel.com/vault/p...A4%20USCAw.pdf
1mainiac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish