Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2016, 05:12 PM   #1

Dishwasher install

I am a DIY kind of guy.....

So 12 days into the 17 day "maiden voyage" the DW has informed me that a dishwasher needs to go on my upgrade list. I have not been able to locate any threads where someone installed a dishwasher, several where people are taking them out and several where people are trying to talk people out of taking them out.

So I am starting my research on installing a dishwasher, please provide any manufacture recommendations or manufactures to avoiding.

If any one has installed one any advice is appreciated.
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited(his)
bamaspiveys is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2016, 05:17 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I believe it was Voltdoc that did a fantastic photo post on his step by step installation. Here comes the hard part, it's buried in the show us your mod post. Should be able to scroll through until you see the DW photos.

Found it on his blog http://myquantumdiscovery.com/2013-e...r-installation

Found the mod post. Nice of Rob to document it so well. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/tell...ml#post2140708
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 05:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaspiveys View Post
I am a DIY kind of guy.....

So 12 days into the 17 day "maiden voyage" the DW has informed me that a dishwasher needs to go on my upgrade list. I have not been able to locate any threads where someone installed a dishwasher, several where people are taking them out and several where people are trying to talk people out of taking them out.

So I am starting my research on installing a dishwasher, please provide any manufacture recommendations or manufactures to avoiding.

If any one has installed one any advice is appreciated.
I can not believe its not standard equipment on this upper end diesel pusher? and I seriously don't beleive any one in their right mind would remove such especially in a almost new unit like yours or similar
select55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 05:38 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by select55 View Post
I can not believe its not standard equipment on this upper end diesel pusher? and I seriously don't beleive any one in their right mind would remove such especially in a almost new unit like yours or similar
It is standard equipment on the Anthem, but an option on the Aspire. However not everybody has the same standards. I personally know of a few that ordered Anthems without DW's. The OP just bought his coach that apparently the first purchaser ordered without a dishwasher. It's not unheard of.
Nice that a forum member went though all the trouble to help others that might want to upgrade. Some really go overboard to help others.
Old 12-27-2016, 05:39 PM   #5

Quote:
The previous owner did not select the option according to the order sheet in the documentation.
Old 12-27-2016, 05:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I believe it was Voltdoc that did a fantastic photo post on his step by step installation. Here comes the hard part, it's buried in the show us your mod post. Should be able to scroll through until you see the DW photos.

Found it on his blog 2013 Entegra Aspire Fisher-Paykel Dishwasher Installation – My Quantum Discovery

Found the mod post. Nice of Rob to document it so well. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/tell...ml#post2140708

Thanks, that will move things along nicely!
Old 12-27-2016, 05:44 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaspiveys View Post
Thanks, that will move things along nicely!
Glad I still have a memory to be able to pass along what others have shared many posts ago.
Old 12-27-2016, 05:49 PM   #8

I had a friend of mine install the drawer style dishwasher. Looks factory and wasn't too difficult.
Old 12-27-2016, 05:58 PM   #9

WOW, Rob did a fantastic job of documenting that installation.

I don't have the power connection but it stands to reason I could come off the outside TV circuit, since it is in that wall. Will need to do some investigation. Also need to see if CS can get me the stain that is used in my coach.

also correcting a previous comment I guess it was not an option in the 2014 so the previous owner did not delete it from the order.

Thanks for the help, Rob's documentation moved this project from the back of the line to the front.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:45 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck, thanks for remembering and posting the link to my dishwasher install blog post!

Michael, glad you found the info helpful! Good idea tapping off the TV circuit for power on the DEQ. If your remove the floor of the cabinet under the sink, or under where the dishwasher will go, you may also find some additional junction boxes. But the TV is probably a perfect solution since there will be an outlet already installed for it somewhere close by. We had the DW on the same circuit as the fridge and there was never an overload. Max load that the DW will draw I believe is 5 Amps (at 120 volts).

Also, I think my post indicated the Add-A-T was available at Lowes, not all Lowes stores stock them so keep that in mind and plan ahead.

For the stain, ask about the shipping cost, it may be excessive due to it being "hazardous" material. Also note that the factory stain (at least the stuff they shipped me) is not wiping stain like you normally buy at retail. It's water thin and designed to be sprayed on and not wiped off. I used one of those cheap Preval sprayers you can get in Home Depot.

If you use Entegra provided stain, practice on some scraps or be ready to wipe it off with thinner, as it is easy to lay it on too heavy and make the wood too dark. You might get a pretty close match from a stock paint store stain or by mixing a couple of stock stains. If your finish is a dark one you might possibly get away with just painting the filler strips flat black. Also you may want to check out if you can just buy a short piece of prefinished "rail" or "stile" wood from Entegra parts - if you have a good tabelsaw you can then just rip it to the correct width and not need to futz around with a stain match.

FYI our 2017 Aspire has the factory installed Fisher-Paykel with the wood front, our 2013 self-installed model was the "Classic" with the stainless front. Maybe the wood front looks more integrated, but operationally we MUCH preferred the stainless front model. It has a display and buttons on the front that make controlling it much easier and intuitive. The remote control on the wood front model we have now is a PITA.

Note Fisher-Paykel has come out with a newer model, DD24SAX9, which looks like it has an enhanced control panel. Not sure what else might be different so look into that.

https://www.fisherpaykel.com/us/kitc....DD24SAX9.html

https://www.fisherpaykel.com/us/kitc...ishdrawer.html

Lastly, if you have the propane cooktop this probably won't apply to you, but for those that have the induction cooktop, it looks like there is more vertical space underneath it, even with the storage drawer there. On my 2017 Aspire there is an additional 2" tall filler strip installed horizontally in the cabinetry under the dishwasher - that probably means there is enough vertical cabinet height on those models to install the "Tall" version of the Fisher-Paykel which is only 1.75" taller on the exterior. The standard version accommodates up to 11.5" plates, the tall version up to 13" plus it has several other features. IMO it would be worth the extra $$'s.

https://www.fisherpaykel.com/us/kitc...DD24SCTX9.html

Good luck with your project!
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 09:59 AM   #11

I am in the middle of my dishwasher install, finished the electrical yesterday. I picked up power at the outside TV Plug as it is on the kitchen circuit. I pushed the wire through on of the holes in the back of the cabinet where the water lines came in. I was then able to feed it up to the TV plug. you will have to get a new plug and box for the TV plug because they are press connections and there is already 2 wire going in there. send me a private post if you have any questions.
jktxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 10:15 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would stop at an Entegra dealer and see if they have any extra stiles laying around that match. We have a ton of excess stiles and trim, and I am guessing other dealers may be the same. If you happen to be in the Memphis area let me know and I can let you go through what we have.
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 02:37 PM   #13

Quote:
I guess we're not in our right minds !!
I can tell you getting Entegra to delete the DW was next to impossible. In fact so much so it got installed and we made the factory remove before shipping to our dealer.

My DW wanted storage and she already has me as the DW !

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 03:04 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
I guess we're not in our right minds !!
I can tell you getting Entegra to delete the DW was next to impossible. In fact so much so it got installed and we made the factory remove before shipping to our dealer.

My DW wanted storage and she already has me as the DW !
Don't tell another poster here that, you might get a lecture that is not to friendly.
Some do not realize the needs of fulltimers vs travelers are totally different. Not having a dishwasher before, Karen was ready to have me remove it. After talking to Nowabeachbum at the Ribbon Cutting, he talked her into using it for one trip. Thank you! Gary, I didn't have to remove it. If we were fulltime, like you, it might have been removed in the parking lot. Now it is a "must have" for Karen. The nice part, both of us are right, just different needs.

Tags
dish, install