RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2016, 09:23 PM   #1

Dishwasher issue

Just purchased a 2015 Entegra cornerstone. Dishwasher worked properly but is not draining the water at the end of the cycle. Just beeps three times. Any assistance would be appreciated. Also, where is the switch to activate the garbage disposal?
Bryanepps is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2016, 09:33 PM   #2

Congrats on your new coach and welcome to the Entegra family.!

There is no garbage disposal. If you are rinsing too many food scraps down the drain with no disposal, that could possibly be why your dishwasher is not draining.
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 08:06 AM   #3

Brian

As Mark and Jeanne just said, there is no garbage disposal, and further unlike your system at home, the dishwasher system in your coach is not like your dishwasher at home in that I dont think that it has a mascerator shredder in it. And, you dont want food products down in your gray water tank anyway. Food in your gray tank will lead to much more nasty smell and problems. Our coaches have a tank spray system for our black tanks to help get out the solid nastiness and toilet paper. However, there is NO spray system to help remove solids from the gray tank.

In our coach, all gunk on plates after eating is scraped into the trash basket and then taken outside and dumped into the park trash. My wife kids me that the dishes are clean before we ever put them into the dishwasher. In a way, that is close to being true.

Now, you may be doing that also and your dishwasher drain pump is simply not working. I would pull out the basket and see if the dealer or the previous owners are the culprits in putting too much stuff in the dishwasher.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 08:27 AM   #4

Prior owner installed a garbage disposal. I'll have dealer contact him and find where he put the switch. Also after contacting dealer, I found out the dealer installed a new dish washer and obviously never ran a full cycle through it to make sure it worked properly which includes the water draining. Thanks for the replies! These forums are really nice to have to discuss with other owners.
Bryanepps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 08:52 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The dishwasher drain hose my not be routed properly. Suggest to find the installation instructions to double check this.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 08:53 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Following the wires from the garbage disposal may lead to finding the switch.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 09:17 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanepps View Post
Prior owner installed a garbage disposal. I'll have dealer contact him and find where he put the switch. Also after contacting dealer, I found out the dealer installed a new dish washer and obviously never ran a full cycle through it to make sure it worked properly which includes the water draining. Thanks for the replies! These forums are really nice to have to discuss with other owners.
That is still going to create the problem Gary stated. The garbage even ground up is still going to go into the holding tank and settle there. Big problems later on, if not sooner. Unless the previous owner totally bypassed the MH's factory drain system.

My old 73 Winnebago came with a top mount, snap into the sink drain, garbage disposal, they were discontinued the follow year because of tank fouling. I never used mine and threw it away.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 01:14 PM   #8

Bryan

I would carefully think through the use of that garbage disposal..... that was not a good idea of the former owner and might have something to do with why the dishwasher needed to be replaced. If I was going to have a garbage disposal then I would reroute the drain from the sink directly to the black tank rather than the gray tank, which might have been done. Draining into the gray tank is a big problem waiting to happen.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish