Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2022, 04:57 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Dishwasher not starting. Model DD24S17

Our Fisher Paycol dishwasher is on and loaded. The lights are on the settings are good. We press the buttons and shut the drawer it thinks for a few seconds then beeps twice and does nothing. We have tried the resets found on the internet. Checked the door seals all clean and good. Checked the pump and water filter. Turned off the power for 5 min and retried. It has power and lights. Any ideas would help. We have a bad week. Toilet seals went and no parts available. Washing machine belts all died. Working on replacements. Hopefully there is a fix here. Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2022, 07:13 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Has it been sitting without use for a long time? Haven’t had it happen in the coach but have needed to “prime” our dishwasher at the S&B after a long dry period. Couple cups of water in the bottom and it started to run. But first I’d try a 12 volt reset just in case. That’s cured a lot of apparently unrelated stuff over the years.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 08:10 PM   #3

SuzzyQ

Sorry to hear of your problems. Sometimes, it DOES seem that everything is breaking and not working correctly. It passes and you tackle the problems one problem at a time.

Tell me a little bit more. Is the coach new to you? Are you still learning how to run the Fisher-Paykel or have you been running it just fine for a long time?

I found the operation of my Fisher-Paykel dishwasher on my 2015 Anthem to be more problemmatic than I would have guessed. Both my wife and I have college degrees (reading manuals is not a problem), but we really struggled with the proper operation of our Fisher - Paykel. We also found that the owners manual included in the coach was almost incomprehensible. There were times we pressed the button incorrectly or too slowly or too fast and really screwed up the dishwasher's operation. Now this is probably 6 years ago, but I believe that I unplugged the dishwasher from the wall receptacle behind the large center drawer in the kitchen and let it sit for a good deal of time (at least 30minuters). I was told that you have to let all the capacitors discharge and the dishwasher electronics to go completely dead. We then plugged it back into the wall and it had reset itself. Now to be clear, I think that Dee or I just screwed up starting the dishwasher and then once we pressed buttons out of order or in the wrong sequence, it made the board not respond.

Eventually, after a year or so, we did have a serious problem with the Fisher-Paykel and the control board actually did go bad. We had to have a Fisher-Paykel repairman come to the coach twice and work on it. Finally, it was replaced under warranty.

I tried to work with Fisher-Paykel customer service, but the call was answered in New Zealand, and I hate to admit it, but there was such a difficulty in communicating in USA English versus New Zealand English that we made little or no progress. However, Fisher-Paykel is a fairly popular brand in new homes with very modern kitchens and we had little trouble finding factory trained F-P service people. One thing they could easily do was give us a list of F-P service companies where we happened to be and how to contact them.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 06:09 AM   #4

Turn the breaker off for about 5 minutes and then turn back on. Go to the last cycle and try to run that it clear out anything with the dish drawer. If that doesn’t work, it will need to be looked at further.
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 05:56 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Okay thanks for the ideas. Had the coach for years. We shut down the breaker for a long time and pulled the plug. So far it still just pretends it is going to work as we can change the settings then when we close the drawer it just makes 2 beeps like NO NO..... I can not lock the door for travel either as it just does the 2 beeps and laughs at me. It appears that the door lock not engaging is the Grrrrr. Oh well thanks again.
Old 05-06-2022, 06:02 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzzyQ View Post
Okay thanks for the ideas. Had the coach for years. We shut down the breaker for a long time and pulled the plug. So far it still just pretends it is going to work as we can change the settings then when we close the drawer it just makes 2 beeps like NO NO..... I can not lock the door for travel either as it just does the 2 beeps and laughs at me. It appears that the door lock not engaging is the Grrrrr. Oh well thanks again.
Had the exact same experience on my 14. We did everything you described. I was at Entegra and they did as well. They called Mister Appliance and we gave up for the day with the circuit breaker turned off overnight. When Mister Appliance showed up in the morning it worked perfect. Never had another problem for the remainder of our ownership.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 06:09 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I was getting the two beep thing in my 14 when the battery in the remote was getting weak.
Later...
Ray
RayandWendy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 06:18 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzzyQ View Post
I can not lock the door for travel either as it just does the 2 beeps and laughs at me. It appears that the door lock not engaging is the Grrrrr.
The Quick Start Guide contains this statement:

If the power to the dishwasher is disconnected, the drawer will remain locked.

The way that statement is worded, "the drawer will remain locked" may suggest that removing power will lock the drawer. I'm not sure. However, it might be worth trying that in order to lock the drawer closed for travel.

Take care,
Stu
Old 05-06-2022, 06:18 PM   #9

The long wait for it to completely discharge the circuits on the circuit board was explained to me as very important. Try Chuck's overnight.

And I drove many hundreds of miles with the dishwasher drawer held in by fastening a rope to the sink faucet and running it down through the handle and then maybe to the lower right edge of the kitchen cabinet and and then maybe back up to rear right corner of the cabinet hooked around the point of the Corian or granite or whatever it was. It took some creativity to find anchor points that would hold the drawer closed and not banging the bathroom wall when making right turns.

But in the final analysis, the whole dishwasher had to be replaced.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 03:30 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Suzzy, sorry to hear this and about the washing machine. Seems when one thing goes out, they all start to do so. I'm back in Florida at Myakka River motorcoach resort for the month of May. If you and Bob are still on the FL east coast, think about swinging around here before you head north! Would love to see y'all. How's Bob's new lithium batteries doing? Miss you.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 10:01 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Suzzy, sorry to hear this and about the washing machine. Seems when one thing goes out, they all start to do so. I'm back in Florida at Myakka River motorcoach resort for the month of May. If you and Bob are still on the FL east coast, think about swinging around here before you head north! Would love to see y'all. How's Bob's new lithium batteries doing? Miss you.

We are back in TX now leaving Fri to head toward Indiana Entegra Homecoming party. We will check out your new FL home next year. Hope to see you before then. The new batteries are okay. Keep in touch. Hugs

Tags
dish, dishwasher, not starting