Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2015, 10:39 AM   #1

Do I open up the slide???

I just arrived home and after many hrs on the road and hearing a bunch of rattling on the outside drivers side I notice what appears to be weather stripping sticking out of the Drivers Side front slide. Question, should I open it or just take it in??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150117_115459.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	83462   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150117_115518.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	83463  

rcarriere is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2015, 10:48 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
It won't hurt anything to open it. Chances are you can put it back on easier than taking it all the way into a shop.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:51 AM   #3

not weather stripping that is your slide topper fabric. Best bet is have some one watch it as you open the room a little at a time at some point as you open the room it will likely pop loose which could make some noise but likely won't hurt anything. What happened was something got stuck in the fabric when you put the room in or the slide topper spring has broken so instead of rolling up it just bunched up.
1mainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 11:38 AM   #4

Doesn't look like topper fabric to me. I would open the upper cover and take a look at exactly what is going on. Could be nothing more than a piece of something lying on top of the topper fabric and came out when the fabric rolled up.
Take the screw out, just above the split line, on each end of the top cover, slide the latch back, by the piece that's sticking out, and you can rotate the top up to see what's going on. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 11:42 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
If you want to watch the slide topper as you open it, you can use the remote and stand there and watch while it opens.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 04:10 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I believe you have carefree slide covers. I had them on a previous coach and I would have trouble with them billowing up when driving with wind in excess of 20-25MPH. As others have stated it will most likely be okay to open them slowly as the fabric will be okay when you get the slide fully extended. Carefree are excellent products and have good warranty support (personal experience).
Jerry0312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 04:55 PM   #7

I think, looking at the photo, you have two problems. The slide topper is billowed some AND the slide weather stripping is wrinkled and likely out of its groove. Either case you can open the slide and likely an easy fix to both problems. All JMHO

Tags
slide