Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #1

Door slam

As this is my first coach, I do not have a frame of reference. Is it expected to have to slam the door (sometimes multiple times) to get it to shut properly? Sometimes during this slamming process the door seems to "bounce" off the striker plate and I wince further.
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2013, 08:11 PM   #2

Ours is like that and I intend to get it corrected as soon as we get back from our maiden trip. I found out it latches quicker if I push it hard from the outside and pull it hard from the inside. Not slamming it but a steady push or pull until it latches. My wife cannot close it at all.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:27 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
A good slam sets the door, then the air lock kicks in when you release the park brake. Just slam it.. nothing hurt.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:52 PM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
The post on the striker slides up and down. If it's not fully in the down position prior to closing, the door will just bounce off. Ive found it usually because I've done something to move it on my way out of the door and it gets stuck in an odd place. I've had that now on 3 different coaches. keep it clean and use spray silicone on the striker so it moves very easily.
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:08 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Door shutting

I found out the hard way one evening in a bug infested CG in Key Largo that you can accidently move the striker up or down in the wrong position when it catches on your clothing or something you are carrying thru the stairs. If that happens the door will bounce back open and will not latch. I took my entire door latch handle apart before I realized the striker slides up an down about 1 inch. My previous Monaco had a fixed striker so the alignment issue took me by surprise. The fix is easy if you displace the striker. Just grab the striker and slide it up or down until it aligns with the door catch. You can save about 50 bug bites and two hours of cursing in the dark by doing so!
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote