Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2021, 04:55 AM   #1

Drawer Slides for big kitchen trash can drawer

It's time to replace the slides for that big drawer.
You know the one, under the kitchen sink in a 44b.

I've done some searching and reading, mostly only coming up with old stuff, 2015 and earlier. Lots of "go to Lowes they have them"
These are all sidemount slides.

My cabinet, the slides screw to the face frame with one screw, and the factory slide have a 90 degree angle on the back end, 2 screws go straight back through that to secure the inner end of the slide to the back of the cabinet. There is no "side" to attach to, it's 2" away. The bottom of the cabinet is thin luan, very flexi, unsuitable for bottom mounts.

I'm aware calling Entegra is an option, just not my first choice on a sunday.
Amazon would have them here before Entegra would return my phone call.

The first pic posted rotated. That wall on the right is actually the floor of the cabinet

Has anyone sourced these?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210214_065041845.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	220.8 KB
ID:	318046   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210214_065113678.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	325.0 KB
ID:	318047  

2017 Entegra Aspire, 2008 Monaco Knight, 2000 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2021, 05:39 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
There are several suggestions in this thread: https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/rep...rs-488450.html

Take care,
Stu
Old 02-14-2021, 07:18 AM   #3

I just replaced the cheap slides that came as OEM equipment on my Cornerstone about a month ago. Well worth the effort. The OEM slides are pretty cheap and inadequate. The ball bearing on my OEM slides started to fall out of their channel and bang around on the floor.

So off to Lowes I went following the path suggested by Brobox and others. Simply measure the length of slide that you need (30"??) (the depth from the inner anchor to the face of the front cabinet ( just get exactly the same length as the OEM slides)). I bought almost the most expensive type slide they had there,. (they had about 4 qualities and 2 different manufacturers.... mine were manufactured by a company that sounded French). One thing to remember.... you need to buy the end brackets for the slide that you buy also. I had to make an additional 30 miles round trip to buy those as they dont come with the rest of the slide). That bracket anchors the back of the slides to the back wood mount.

I found the new slide to be an exact replacement for the OEM slide but this slide is much smoother in operation and much easier to slide the drawer in and out. The total two pieces of slide came to about $25. I should have done this a long time ago.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 08:48 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
So off to Lowes I went....
....you need to buy the end brackets for the slide that you buy also.
Gary
As many of those things as I've bought, I never noticed Lowes sold the end brackets too.

Off to Lowes I go!

Old 02-14-2021, 08:58 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I built the kitchen cabinets for the house we just finished building. Did a lot of research on drawer slides. There is a wide offering.

I ended up going with KV side mount full extension soft close slides. The soft close might work to keep the slides in without any type of catch. The ones I bought are rated for 100 lbs and I have a couple large drawers loaded down with dishware and pots & pans that probably push that weight. All my base cabinets have drawers, no crawling around on my hands and knees trying to find stuff.

I bought them in bulk because of the number I needed. They make a rear bracket that the slide clips into and on the front they offer one to attach to the cabinet frame.

Here is a link to their website
https://www.knapeandvogt.com/6500?
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 10:14 AM   #6

Done.
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20210214_120054238.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	318064  

Old 02-16-2021, 06:18 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
We had the sticking-drawer issue too. The ball bearing race was broken in half with some of the BBs just floating around causing problems. I ended up taking the cracked race and the free-wheeling BBs out, and it helped considerably in the short term. Surprisingly it seemed pretty much back to normal with out the broken stuff in there. So if the problem is driving you nuts with no hardware store nearby, it's worth a shot. (no pun intended).

Since then I've fixed it with what Entegra called the identical component; it's not, the original drawer-side track is about 2-3mm narrower (smaller top-to-bottom). So both the cabinet side and the drawer side need to be replaced.
bsaldeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 06:45 AM   #8

The name that sounds French to me is something like "Richelieu". It is a vastly superior slide and well worth getting rid of the OEM for about $25

Gary
Old 02-20-2021, 09:41 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
The name that sounds French to me is something like "Richelieu". It is a vastly superior slide and well worth getting rid of the OEM for about $25

Gary
"Richelieu" is the brand they had at Lowes. Rated at 100 pounds, rear brackets on the shelf as well.

Also, I removed the heavy sink covers I never use, and the drawer divider, as recommended in the post that was linked here.

The drawer bottom was looking "kinda used" so I put some peel and stick floor tiles down to give it a new look.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20210220_110006094.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	318676   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210220_110801709.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	252.4 KB
ID:	318677  

Old 02-20-2021, 09:58 AM   #10

I removed the sink cover granite pieces the day I brought the coach home from Atlanta and they have been in storage in my 3rd garage since... We use those slots for pot lids and other thin things. The waste basket was also removed the first day and rides beside the sink slide. That big drawer is used for larger cooking pots and pans. Too valuable space to waster on waste...

Gary
Old 02-21-2021, 09:03 AM   #11

Here are the slides that I installed. Had to add backing as they do not have the bracket to connect to the back wall. They work great!
https://www.rockler.com/centerlinere...-drawer-slides

Tags
slide