Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2021, 03:19 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Another UPDATE:
Geigo will no longer insure MH's with a MSRV of over $500,000. No matter what you paid for it. Even if the MH is over 10 years old, if it has a MSRP of over $500M they will not insure it. Has anybody run into this lately as well?
I spent 2 hours on the phone, even with the main RV insurance division and received the same answer. Maybe because I am in FL?

Learned that lesson when we got current coach. Tried doing the online quote and no one had Foretravel listed as coach type. Tried calling, once I told them I had a Foretravel they said nope because value was too high. I think the only company we found that would insure our coach was Foremost (will have to check with wife to verify).

When you think about it, how many people carry enough insurance to pay for your coach if they are the cause of it being totaled.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2021, 03:50 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleySG View Post
Hey Chuck,

Not sure if this will help, or even comparable. But, living in Colorado, we are prone to hail and fire as you know. I thought for sure our Ins would sky rocket due to the fires we had last year (Many homes were lost). We have our MH with Hartford through AARP (not bundled with other assets). Our rates only went up $40 from last year. Hope it's worth a try to investigate Hartford to see if you can get a better rate.

Cheers!
Thanks Rustry, AARP Hartford is one that will not insure in FL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckeda View Post
I just received my renewal from Progressive and it dropped $927 annually to $2,355. No idea why, but I will take it. Please understand I am not gloating but rather providing another data point to the discussion.
That is fantastic. Do you care to share which state that is in? If it's in FL, let me know and I will find a change of address for that area.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 04:38 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
When I have shopped for insurance over the past two years, I have run into statement before...... some companies just wont write insurance on a coach with an MSRP higher than some figure. My memory was that it was half a million. Now, I dont remember which exact companies were in that group but it was more than one company that took themselves out of the running with that limitation. Its not just Florida. I just cross them off and call the next number.

Gary
It looks like Geigo will no longer insure Entegra's Anthem and above. Those that have Geico and I are pleased with them, I hope they Grandfather as Progressive with my renewal notice is no longer and have set a limit. Things have really changed this year with RV insurance. It's going to be interesting what kind of "no" I receive from Good Sam's, the RV people
Old 06-16-2021, 09:25 AM   #18

We use a broker site and most customers end up signing up with them because of the way they shop their companies. The companies they compare are Progressive, Foremost, Allied, and others. I've never been let down with them.

Here's a link to give it a shot:

https://rvainsurance.com/quote
chrislis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 09:31 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislis View Post
We use a broker site and most customers end up signing up with them because of the way they shop their companies. The companies they compare are Progressive, Foremost, Allied, and others. I've never been let down with them.

Thanks Chris you were on my list to call today. Todd told me about them but I didn't remember the name
Old 06-16-2021, 09:33 AM   #20
D20

Quote:

I used them also. They went with Progressive but it was significantly less than what I could get with Progressive myself online.
Old 06-16-2021, 10:31 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Thanks Chris you were on my list to call today. Todd told me about them but I didn't remember the name
Glad I could help! Let me know how it works.
chrislis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 11:01 AM   #22

Texas Boomers Club
Texas. I have had the rig for 1 year (purchased new) and I have not had any claims on the polciy.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:06 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckeda View Post
I just received my renewal from Progressive and it dropped $927 annually to $2,355. No idea why, but I will take it. Please understand I am not gloating but rather providing another data point to the discussion.

They probably know that nobody can drive them bcuz of the Def head issues. Less risk in the driveway.
Harleydeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 02:09 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydeal View Post
They probably know that nobody can drive them bcuz of the Def head issues. Less risk in the driveway.
Probably more truth than humor.
Old 06-17-2021, 02:57 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Glad I could help! Let me know how it works.
Thanks Chris, but the best they could do was match my renewal rate from Progressive.
Old 06-17-2021, 06:24 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by darjacob View Post
USAA ain't what it used to be...
I've been a "member" of USAA since the early 80's. For the longest I believed that no one could beat their coverage. They do offer a lot of benefits for servicemembers that face daily struggles with deployment and other issues. Over the years I've tried to use USAA, but one time I had 3 claims in 5 years...they booted me. I was too much risk. Then they allowed me back. Had a very large home burglary that from the beginning they accused me of perpetuating it. I was in Hawaii when it happened. They settled, but for only a small fraction of what we lost. Then we moved to another home and guess what? Can't cover you because you are in a Fire Protection Zone 9. That was when I finally said enough is enough. I'm now with Texas Farm Bureau. Not only did they cover my FPZ9 home, but offer great coverage on my motorhome. USAA...not for me.
justrich44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 05:20 PM   #27

I have not seen this mentioned but I save a lot of money with Progressive by paying the premium in full vs monthly. I know some agents will not tell you this, I assume because very few owners are interested and I'm sure they make more profit from monthly payments. We are fulltime and I found out when shopping for insurance that all companies do not insure fulltimers.
sally.moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 05:23 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
FMCA has excellent insurance for RVs. USAA member who is a refuge from Progressive. For those non USAA members, USAA has a relationship with Progressive for its RV members.
Georgefhou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace