Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2014, 01:16 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Dream has turned into a nightmare.

We are Newbies to the motorcoach world & to this forum. I will admit I lurked on the outskirts reading comments about different motorhomes to help us make an informed decision.
We bought a 2013 Entegra Anthem earlier this month from a dealership in central Florida, we live in TX. My husband picked up and drove the Anthem back to TX on the 8th and arrived home early evening on the 9th. Everything was perfect, I didn't ask King to put out the slides or anything because I figured he was done for the day! Anyway we went out to move the Anthem Sunday morning and it wouldn't start, the generator did but the engine did not, between the dealership where we purchased the coach and Spartan, I believe they had us try just about everything to get her running but it just would not happen, by Wednesday they decided to have her towed, it took the tow company 6 hours to get the coach out of our yard and onto our little narrow country road, the tow company waited until Friday to take it to a Spartan warranty shop in Ft. Worth. Now we are up to Monday over a week since the breakdown, things dragged on, the shop would not tell me what they found was wrong with the coach but said they were in touch with Spartan and waiting to hear back from them, Spartan told me they were waiting to hear from the shop?! So finally on Wednesday the 20th the CAT shop calls to tell me the problem was just a loose wire connection to the relay switch but they also discovered during a test drive that the ABS was out, then the man from the shop says there is one more thing he needs to discuss with me (uh oh) he said.. one of the mechanics forgot about a jack handle sticking out when he moved the coach and it scraped one bay door and put a hole through another. They said they would take care of the repairs or that we could and they would reimburse us, we opted for them fixing the damage mostly because we live so far out, plus we didn't want to deal with their mistake. I asked them to send me pictures of the damage but did not hear back so I drove the 4 hour round trip to take pictures myself. After waiting again and not getting a response I called Entegra, they gave me the phone number for the body shop that paints the Anthems, I spoke with them, then I called the CAT shop again, they said they had found a body shop that said they could make everything look like new but they want the coach at their body shop, I told CAT that I had spoken with a rep from Precision Paint (the original painter) and he had different ideas on how to repair the damage. My last words and they were repeated by the CAT shop was that they would not do anything without consulting with us. Today is the 25th, I called CAT and left another message, have not heard a word back. I am leaving out all the times I called Spartan to ask for their help since they are the ones who sent the Anthem there. I am hoping a member(s) of the group might have advice on what I should do. I have to say we are getting pretty close to just selling the Anthem, I haven't even gotten to ride in it since we bought it!!! Our dreams of owning a motorhome has turned into a nightmare!
If nothing else, thanks for letting me vent!... Cheryl
Kingrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2014, 01:35 PM   #2

Solo Rvers Club

Glad you're aboard Cheryl. Sorry to hear you are having problems with your new rig. I'm not an owner but others have said they got Joyce at Entegra involved and it expedited things. May want to give her a call. Best of luck on getting things straightened out. Then you will hopefully be able to enjoy your adventures and be safe.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:00 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sorry to hear of your problems.. But once they are straightened out I very much suspect your dream is going to improve big time.

A motor home does take a bit of maintenance.. but one thing that can help is learning to do a lot of it yourself.. And the easiest way to do that, short of taking a class, is to post your problems here and let us help you.

So welcome to the forum.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:24 PM   #4

You are overdue for some good luck. Hopefully this is just random act of bad karma and this will just be a remote bad memory overshadowed by all of the good ones in you new coach.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:50 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Good luck with the outcome.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 03:21 PM   #6

I had the same thing it was a bad starter not the other stuff though however a cummins dealer scratched the crap outta our coach during service.
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 03:28 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club

Cheryl, this is just a blip on your fun-o-meter. Soon you will be telling this story around the campfire about how our wonderful RV experiences almost never happened!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 03:31 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club

Talk to Joyce! From all the threads I've read, she can probably fix that hole over the phone....
Old 08-25-2014, 03:32 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Hang in there. You have a great coach and a good product which has nothing to do with the issues of repair. Unfortunately this is a very busy time of year so repairs can sometimes take a while. I suspect the same thing happens at car dealerships as well so you are just unfortunate.

The coach will be repaired and once you get out you will enjoy the RV lifestyle. Wave as you go by - we will recognize you by the big smiles.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:03 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Hi Cheryl and welcome to the forum. I had somewhat the same feelings as you once and just wanted to be rid of our first coach and forget motor homes. My experience was based on a bad dealer full of lies, not a coach issue as some experience.
But my wife and handicapped son just love camping so I stuck it out and thrilled now that I did. Since you are on the fence if you wish to give coach a chance why not get your coach back and use it as is (if possible ) and then have it repaired this winter. That way you can at least have time to figure out if you wish to pursue camping or throw in the towel.
oneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:17 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRasco View Post

Talk to Joyce! From all the threads I've read, she can probably fix that hole over the phone....
Having my issues with Entegra, not much they can do with a 3rd party damage. From my experience, Precision Paint would be my last choice. My re-paint is still not top quality.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:59 PM   #12

Noo.. noo, Why sell it, sounds like you just had a bad experience with one repair shop. Dont throw the baby out with the bath water. Your experience is minor, yet frustrating first experience. There will be other huckups along the way, you need to learn to not get so emotional and remember.. you have a 40+ foot house on wheels that endures a 7.0 earthquake for 8 hours a day when your traveling, things happen.. Go with the flow and enjoy your travels and don't focus on bad experiences beyond your control! No matter what brand you have there are issues you will experience :-)
Incognito. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:50 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Hi Cheryl, Sorry to hear of your situation. Recently I found myself in need of fiberglass repair as the result of an impact with an Interstate "gator". It left a hole about the size of one's head just ahead of the entry step on our 2014 Anthem 44B.

I contacted National Indoor RV Centers in Lewisville, TX but they were unable to schedule me for repair for a couple months. They were kind enough to give me a reference to another repair facility in the Metroplex area which I contacted and ultimately took the coach to them for repair. I am scheduled to pick up our repaired coach tomorrow afternoon and will share some before and after pictures after I get the coach back home in Oklahoma City.

I know it makes one sick to the pit of your stomach when your beautiful baby is injured, but with experienced personnel they can be repaired to look good as new.

I will echo some of the comments made by previous posters in touting the qualities of Entegra products. Our previous coach was another national brand and I can assure there is no comparison between the two not only from a quality/value comparison but in customer support from the Entegra Coach folks in Indiana. They are very knowledgeable and actually anxious to assist when you call. Do not get discouraged; get past the speed bump and motor on to enjoyment.
Jerry0312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:35 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Start with a call to Joyce. She has been know to do wonders when it comes to getting a job expedited. I'm not sure where you are in TX but there is a shop just south of Austin that does great body and paint work and is also Spartan certified. But....they aren't going to be any faster than what you're experiencing. We had our prior coach in to them after an encounter with a deer (that one meant some paint work on the toad also) and our Entegra in for some Spartan issues (and to have undercoating applied to the battery bay...which is wonderful). Both times the wait was much longer than expected and very frustrating. But they did wonderful work both times and the frustration disappeared as soon as we were able to drive the baby away. I'm not sure if it's TX or the time of the year but repairs here seem to take about three times longer than anything we ran into when we had work done in FL. I did see someone mention a shop in Houston that they were happy with both work and speed if that would be any closer to you.

Good luck.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote