Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2016, 06:15 AM   #1

Driver recliner not reclining...

Just a shot in the dark, but has anyone located the area of wire harness that controls the recliner to be a safety feature not to recline while the coach is started. I had it fixed while in the buying stage, but now must have pulled it back loose again when turning the recliner back towards the living area. Just point me to a thread on this, or possibly if this has happened to you, please let me know where to look under the recliner/drivers seat to be able to isolate the issue. Very tight place to
work, not sure if I can cut loose the foot rest or not, without the button being used, but very tight working quarters.

Anyone? Thanks !!

2017 Anthem
Jactravlusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2016, 06:54 AM   #2

Mine did not work when we did the PDI. After the tech "fixed" it we rotated the seat a couple of times and it quit again. There is switch mounted on the seat frame that engages with a ramp that when the seat is rotated from drive position it allows the foot rest to work. This switch bracket/ramp bends and becomes out of adjustment. I wanted the foot rest to work, so the tech Rigged it with a plastic tie so it works all the time. It is on my list for the two year PDI in Middleberry.
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 07:14 AM   #3

Thanks, so you are saying that you have it rigged in the 'hot' position which potentially could be a bit dangerous ? I guess I will do the same so as to be able to use the recliner, but will have to be careful not to hit the recline button while driving. Have I got this right Tex ?

Thanks !!
Old 10-29-2016, 07:19 AM   #4

Did you check the fuse for the recliner? It's outside in the first compartment on drivers side.
Gregory0495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 08:17 AM   #5

The fuse for the recliner/power seat drive is fuse 19 in the front run bay...I kept blowing fuses for both driver and passenger when it was used...it came with 25 amps..I called CS and Dave told me they know about it and that the recliner will sometimes blow this fuse..on coaches after Feb 2016, they went to a 30 amp fuse for both 19 and 20.....so far, I switched 19 and 20 to 30 amp fuses but we haven't taken a long trip since...I guess we will see.
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 08:53 AM   #6

Not the fuse....

I don't think the fuse could have popped, the chair/ chairs work fine except for the recliner will not work, which means the safety switch is funky and I
need to tweek it a bit. Just have to tweek in a VERY tight spot.

Thanks !!
Old 10-29-2016, 02:45 PM   #7

OP,

Yes, the switch is "hot" all the time. I am the only driver, and I know not to hit that switch. Is is not very safe, but I use the seat to watch the big tv all the time.

If you rotate the seat to face backwards you can get to switch while laying on the floor. The hard part for me is getting back up again.

At PDI last Feb. the tech changed the seat fuses to 30 amp.
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 04:44 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
There is also another chair fuse # 19, 30A located in the lower large black fuse relay box below the upper two fuse boxes. I think it's called the Spartan or Chassis fuse box.The fuse is no longer used since the 2016 design. I had the chair fuse problem in June of 2015 and brought it to CS attention and asked why there was a #19 25A in the upper 12V Distribution box and a #19 30A in the lower box both for the Chair? At the time they didn't know but got back to me and said replace the 25A with a 30A as it was an oversight when they changed to the 2016 wiring and the lower 30A is no longer used.

There is an unused 30A fuse in that lower large fuse box if you ever need one.

I also had to replace the Driver seat foot rest safety switch , previously mentioned, as it was adjusted wrong during install with not enough clearance between the sw. and the activation ramp and it mangled the switch. The switch only affected driver seat foot rest.

pat
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 08:09 PM   #9

Thanks for replies. Much appreciated !!!
Old 10-30-2016, 02:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullydogs1 View Post
The fuse for the recliner/power seat drive is fuse 19 in the front run bay...I kept blowing fuses for both driver and passenger when it was used...it came with 25 amps..I called CS and Dave told me they know about it and that the recliner will sometimes blow this fuse..on coaches after Feb 2016, they went to a 30 amp fuse for both 19 and 20.....so far, I switched 19 and 20 to 30 amp fuses but we haven't taken a long trip since...I guess we will see.
Thank You, One more thing off my list.
Jimjensen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver