Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2021, 04:26 PM   #1

Driver seat fuse location

driver seat stop working, cant locate the fuse? checked inside the door outside front near generator
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2021, 05:10 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
For assistance, coach make, model and year is needed.*
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 05:18 AM   #3

2013 cornerstone

2013 cornerstone

Rich
Old 02-06-2021, 07:11 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Mine is in the electrical bay forward of the left front tire:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3577sqhsdtm2MH5K9

Look under the seat, we had a similar problem and it was a bad butt connector crimp on the 12v power lead. It eventually pulled apart due to seat rotation.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 02:28 PM   #5

[QUOTE=voltdoc;5625201]Mine is in the electrical bay forward of the left front tire:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3577sqhsdtm2MH5K9

Look under the seat, we had a similar problem and it was a bad butt connector crimp on the 12v power lead. It eventually pulled apart due to seat rotation.
Old 02-07-2021, 02:29 PM   #6

on my Cornerstone there are no fuses in that location labeled pass seat and drivers seat. checked the red power wire in the red wire nut and there is no voltage showing. Not sure why the fuse is not in the fuse box that you pointed out.

Rich
Old 02-07-2021, 06:20 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Looking for my passenger seat fuse on my Aspire. Read another thread, and in the compartment below the drivers seat, where the 2 fuse panels are, there is a black plastic box on the floor that is about 6" x 4 " x 4" that the fuses for the driver and passenger are inside. I did not look there when I was at my rig earlier today, but will look my next trip. I am not sure how to access that plastic box, but can be too difficult.

With at least 10 open spaces for fuses, why would the seat fuses not be right there where they should be.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 05:24 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoodofd View Post
Looking for my passenger seat fuse on my Aspire. Read another thread, and in the compartment below the drivers seat, where the 2 fuse panels are, there is a black plastic box on the floor that is about 6" x 4 " x 4" that the fuses for the driver and passenger are inside. I did not look there when I was at my rig earlier today, but will look my next trip. I am not sure how to access that plastic box, but can be too difficult.

With at least 10 open spaces for fuses, why would the seat fuses not be right there where they should be.
I think you're right, that black box is the Spartan chassis Front PDC and does have a bunch of fuses and relays. The schematic linked below calls out the passenger and driver seat details, looks like a 30A fuse.

See pages 25 and 100 in the following schematic:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzy...w?usp=drivesdk
It's for a 2014 Anthem/CS but should be similar.

I've opened that box before, don't recall that it was a problem. The cover has a diagram of the fuse placement on the inside I believe.
Old 02-08-2021, 04:35 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Thank you Rob for the wiring diagram file- probably close to the same for the 13 Aspire!
Old 02-09-2021, 06:04 AM   #10

thank you everyone

Thank you everyone for your help. On page 25 of the diagram it shows the fuses in the front PDC for my 2013 Cornerstone. To open the box, you just un-screw the two knurled screws, pull the panel gently off and look at the inside of the cover. there is a diagram of all of the fuses and relays by location and number. My drivers side seat fuse was blown. It is a 30 amp fuse.
I replaced it and fixed the issue.

Again, many thanks to all.

Rich
Old 02-13-2021, 11:43 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Need additional Help

I need some additional help. I removed my front chairs to have them re-upholstered. Taking them out, before I knew to look for a plug on the bottom, I cut the power wires to both seats.

Installed the driver, spliced the wire - all good. Installed the passenger seat, tested wire, and no power. Found the Passenger seat fuse in the box under the driver seat, and replaced. Still no power. Checked the wires in the seat location for power, and no luck. I tested the seat with a 12V battery, and it operates the power functions fine. Below is a diagram of the fuse locations from the panel that covers the box below the driver seat. I changed fuse F20, 30 amp small fuse. - It did not help. Is there another relay in the loop on this, or somewhere I need to located power. Everything was on in the coach?

Any Ideas?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Front PDC Fuse and Relay diagram-2.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	337.5 KB
ID:	318006
Old 02-14-2021, 08:28 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
On my '17 there are both always-on power and ignition-only power for some of the seat functions. But I doubt yours are set up that way.

Assuming you verified the replacement fuse was good, I guess I would suspect the wiring around the seat area. You mentioned there was a connector? Make sure the pins haven't popped out of place and are making contact. If there are any crimp on connectors in the line give them a good tug to make sure they are good crimps. Every time the seats are rotated there is some wiring that gets flexed so look for wear spots which might be hiding a break inside the insulation.
Old 02-14-2021, 09:13 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Rob - got some snow here in DFW area today, so probably next weekend before I can get back to the storage place for my coach. Found an older post about some push in breakers in the compartment under the driver seat, but not sure if my Aspire has any of those, will check.

There is also a Breaker-1 fuse (30 Amp) in my diagram that I don't know what it is, so I will check it. The power to the seat from where I cut the lines is fine - hooked a battery up just to test yesterday. The seat worked prior to me cutting the wire - just sounds like a tripped breaker, or different fuse. I will keep trouble-shooting to see if I can find it.
Old 02-16-2021, 04:24 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Passenger seat fuse is turning into a big mystery. I checked the driver seat, and it is still working fine. Decided to pull the fuse for the driver seat just to make sure it was labeled correct, and the driver seat still worked.

Been chasing this passenger seat power/fuse issue for a few days now trying to get the power restored. I checked many of the fuses in that box in the bottom of the small compartment below the drivers seat, and no luck. I tested and changed fuses (with a meter) a few time to make sure one was not bad. My image blow clearly shows that the driver and passenger seat are on F19 and F20. I even checked the ones labeled "Heated Seats", which I don't have, with no success.

Ended up leaving because it is too cold to be outside pulling and replacing fuses.

Any other secret location for passenger seat power that anyone found? I did do the 12V reset a few times.

On another note, it was 1 (one) degrees this morning (in DFW), and I left my AH Propane burner on during this time, with my zones at 45 degrees, and they were exactly 45 degrees when I arrived. While I am winterized with the pink stuff, I wanted to see what happened. My power was off when I arrived (rolling blackouts), but batteries were good, and the power came back on while I was there.

Tags
cat, driver, fuse, seat