Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2022, 07:48 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Driver Side Living Room Slide Motor

Hi group, I have a 2013 Entegra Aspire 42DEQ. I’ve noticed sometimes the slide motor has a hard time lifting and pulling in the large slide, I know it’s the heaviest of all the slides. Last time I retracted it I had to assist it by helping turn the square stock with a wrench. It has no issues extending the slide.
Do y’all think the motor is going bad ? I checked with Entegra and they want a crazy price for the motor and reduction gear. Any alternatives out there ? Any remedies?

This was the quote from Entegra
0211550 // $539.04 EA // in-stock with 1-2 day lead time
MOTOR,SLIDEOUT POWER HEAD MODIFIED #KO1431B300 (6RPM @ 600 IN LB TORQUE)
(SUITABLE REPLACEMENT FOR #A300 MOTOR)

I’m open to suggestions or fixes that won’t break the bank.
John Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2022, 07:53 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
The price is about 10 percent higher than I paid last year from Entegra. Consistent with inflation [emoji3525]
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 08:41 AM   #3

Ha, that's less than I paid from an NIRV shop a year ago!

You have cranked up the potentiometer on the slide controller?

That motor on that big slide on my Travel Supreme took all the electricity I could give it, and did poorly just on battery power. Always needed genny running or 50 amp shore power.
Old 11-15-2022, 08:54 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
My front slide motor/drive was ~$800 10 years ago.

Wonder what your battery voltage is when try to move slide?? These motors need good voltage. Chances are you have a slide control module/board, your might try checking voltages there.

I was having trouble with my slides last year, turned out to be a different issue but I wanted to make sure the motors were good so I used a 6 amp battery charger to test the motor in place. Move the slide easily so I knew that wasn't the problem.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 10:48 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
The slide motor can only be purchased from Entegra or one if their dealers, it is an Entegra only part.

Run the slide on AC power for the best thrust. As others have said, see if there is any thrust adjustment on the slide controller. Might check the connections on the slide motor are good and clean given the age of the coach.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 12:34 PM   #6

Mine has a slightly longer run than yours, but the factory ran #8 wiring to mine, from controller to motor, in place of the #10 and it helped considerably.
Ambetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 02:57 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks for all the great information everyone, I will do some testing and troubleshooting.
John Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 06:12 PM   #8

Ours sometimes can’t make the climb. A new motor is in our future this spring. They do wear out. And like Chuck said they are proprietary to EC. The price sounds about right from what I was quoted through NIRVC.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver, motor, slide, slide motor