Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2022, 09:30 AM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
On the frameless windows the slots are on the inside, visable looking up inside the caulking line. I had one that was partially caulked slowing the drain. Fixed it with a pocket knife
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2022, 10:26 AM   #30

Everyone is climbing on the drain slots issue. I have re-read the OP several times and it is not at all clear that his problem is a drain hole issue. It reads that it is where the window slides when opening and doesn't make a good seal or there is a problem with the seal of the whole window in the fiberglass.

It sure as heck would help if the OP would get back on here and clarify what the heck he is talking about or we will all waste a bunch more time solving a problem he does not have.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 11:19 PM   #31

Thank you very much. Had a huge down pour last night in PCB lucky I was awake soaked 2 good size towels 🌧️
Old 10-26-2022, 11:23 PM   #32

I'm sure it's coming in from the track just draining through I will start there. Next week. Great tips I'm learning. I'm still looking for drain holes or slits in Am
Old 10-27-2022, 05:00 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Everyone is climbing on the drain slots issue. I have re-read the OP several times and it is not at all clear that his problem is a drain hole issue. It reads that it is where the window slides when opening and doesn't make a good seal or there is a problem with the seal of the whole window in the fiberglass.

It sure as heck would help if the OP would get back on here and clarify what the heck he is talking about or we will all waste a bunch more time solving a problem he does not have.

Gary

The OP did come back in post #11 and said his insurance was taking care of the problem. https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/dri...ml#post6337830
The post did change to the drain slot when others suggested it and another said they were having leaking problem. If the post helps more than one person out, that's great. I have the same insurance the OP does and I learned if I have a window problem it is covered under glass coverage. Nice to know.
Old 10-27-2022, 05:08 AM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppedclams View Post
Thank you very much. Had a huge down pour last night in PCB lucky I was awake soaked 2 good size towels 🌧️
The Classics were great for the top of the window not to be caulked properly. Mine leaked in the first rain, along with many others when our coaches were new. At the age of the coach, there could be a crack in the caulking around the window. Matching brown silicone caulking is sold at Lowe's or H.D.
Old 10-27-2022, 12:37 PM   #35

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0344.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	391.3 KB
ID:	379683

For those with a classic, this is where the weep hole is located. Run a coated wire into this slit/slot, wire will move slightly right, then downward. Run the wire in the slot until it moves relatively freely. Then use your air compressor or canned air to blow the remaining stuff out.
Getting rain water inside that channel appears to be how it is designed.
As Chuck said sealing the top of the window where it meets the coach with clear or matching silicone is important. Replace the exterior trim that is shown above or silicone any openings will work.

The OP had his window addressed to their satisfaction.
This was for others dealing with a leaking inside window track.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 05:02 PM   #36

Wow cool. I laid green frog tape on it earlier. But now I will clean that guy. Thx All
Old 10-27-2022, 10:36 PM   #37

Ok I found it and cleaned it out it was crudded up. And can't be happier y'all thx
Old 10-28-2022, 05:25 AM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppedclams View Post
Ok I found it and cleaned it out it was crudded up. And can't be happier y'all thx
Glad the part is fixed, now to find how two towels full of water got inside of the coach.
Old 10-28-2022, 09:33 AM   #39

Chuck, not hard to soak a few towels when the weep hole gets clogged up. Keeping it cleaned out is the real key.
Old 10-28-2022, 12:21 PM   #40

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post
Attachment 379683

For those with a classic, this is where the weep hole is located. Run a coated wire into this slit/slot, wire will move slightly right, then downward. Run the wire in the slot until it moves relatively freely. Then use your air compressor or canned air to blow the remaining stuff out.
Getting rain water inside that channel appears to be how it is designed.
As Chuck said sealing the top of the window where it meets the coach with clear or matching silicone is important. Replace the exterior trim that is shown above or silicone any openings will work.

The OP had his window addressed to their satisfaction.
This was for others dealing with a leaking inside window track.
Tom!!

Thanks!!!!! This is what I was looking for! On my coach water comes in flowing down the channel and puddles exactly on that corner where the screw is.... I was not able to find or understand where to look for the drain hole or holes! This will do! Thanks again!
Aangulo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 01:48 PM   #41

Abe, you were welcome. Don’t forget to blast it out with some air. The canned air works best when using the small extension hose they come with. You can work that down into the weep hole and blast until you are happy.[emoji3]
Old 10-28-2022, 09:07 PM   #42

Brobox, the towels were the white towels about 3size of 3 wash cloths. But it poured down. I'm inspecting., What you mentioned I can see what the mfg. Plan was But why all the over engineering Idunno.

Tags
driver, leak, wind, window