RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2019, 08:31 AM   #1

Driver's side/Toll window failure

On our way home from the AIM rally in Henderson LA we started to hear a very high pitched noise coming from our driver's side window and discovered that the upper window had separated from the toll or lower part of the window We have a 2016 Anthem and this happened once before back in Oct. 2017 on our way to Middleberry for our PDI. At that time I had some real good black Duct tape and I put a strip over the seam outside and it held ,keeping the noise down until we reached our destination where they replaced the window. I tried duck tape trick this time and it stayed for about 1/2 mile before it left and most likely landed who knows where, probably sticky side down on someones windshield.. I also tried caulking the seam from the inside with silicone caulk and this lasted only slightly longer.My question's are has anyone else had multiple failures of these windows ? Also has anyone been able to find some kind of caulk that will secure these windows from the inside to keep them from leaking ? I would like to wait until I get to Middleberry in June after Homecoming to get it replaced but unless I can come up with something to keep the noise down I probably won't be able to wait.I was talking to customer service on Thursday and apparently they are not making the window like is in our coach any longer and have replaced it with a different one . Has anyone else replaced their window for one of the newer ones and if so has it fixed the problem with it separating from the lower part of the window ? I would appreciate any info that I can get about these windows.Thanks for your responses ....Alan........
hpykmpr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2019, 11:53 AM   #2

Your windows are made by a company called Hehr. They don't make the windows and stock them, they make the windows one off when ordered. So if you order a new window from them, they're usually several weeks out. I waited a little more then a month when I had a bathroom window damaged by road debris.

Ordering windows cannot be done direct through Hehr, but can through Entegra. I ordered one through Pelland and was successful at a lower price (www.pellandent.com).

If you order a new window, they are VERY easy to replace if you are handy at all, strong enough to left the window into place and can get help from a handy friend with a ladder. All you do is unscrew all of the phillips screws on the inside around the frame of the window. The inner frame will come out on the interior of the coach, and then the outer will come out from the exterior. Obviously care should be taken not to drop the window out. To install do the reverse after replacing the foam gasket that goes around the window on the exterior paint surface. The gasket will have to be ordered separately as they don't come with the window.

I have successfully glued the windows back together by cleaning off the existing double sided tape and glue using acetone. Then use a urethane product such as 3M 08693 and give it 24 hours to cure. You're likely to never get it apart.

Edit: Sometime in 2017 Hehr improved their manufacturing process and has had very few window failures since. Prior to that, your experience was common. I replaced six window in the 2 years and 60,000 miles I had my 2014 Anthem.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 12:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconTrail View Post
Your windows are made by a company called Hehr. They don't make the windows and stock them, they make the windows one off when ordered. So if you order a new window from them, they're usually several weeks out. I waited a little more then a month when I had a bathroom window damaged by road debris.

Ordering windows cannot be done direct through Hehr, but can through Entegra. I ordered one through Pelland and was successful at a lower price (www.pellandent.com).

If you order a new window, they are VERY easy to replace if you are handy at all, strong enough to left the window into place and can get help from a handy friend with a ladder. All you do is unscrew all of the phillips screws on the inside around the frame of the window. The inner frame will come out on the interior of the coach, and then the outer will come out from the exterior. Obviously care should be taken not to drop the window out. To install do the reverse after replacing the foam gasket that goes around the window on the exterior paint surface. The gasket will have to be ordered separately as they don't come with the window.

I have successfully glued the windows back together by cleaning off the existing double sided tape and glue using acetone. Then use a urethane product such as 3M 08693 and give it 24 hours to cure. You're likely to never get it apart.

Edit: Sometime in 2017 Hehr improved their manufacturing process and has had very few window failures since. Prior to that, your experience was common. I replaced six window in the 2 years and 60,000 miles I had my 2014 Anthem.
My 2018 Anthem LR windows leak air like a sieve. I had them replaced at my AIR. The design is flawed in may ways. I could see light coming through all around. I hope the new windows are better. Will find out when I get her back from the mothership
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 09:35 AM   #4

I'm on my way to NIRVC next week to have them look at the driver's side window because of the excessive wind noise coming from that side. I swear it sounds like the window is ready to fall out. Didn't know it could be a month to get parts... Uggg.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 11:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
My 2018 Anthem LR windows leak air like a sieve. I had them replaced at my AIR. The design is flawed in may ways. I could see light coming through all around. I hope the new windows are better. Will find out when I get her back from the mothership
They didn't change the design, but they did change the adhesive and assembly technique in the middle of 2017 from what I understand. I have had zero problems with the windows in my 2017 Cornerstone and already described the problems with my 2014 Anthem above.

Doesn't make sense that your 2018 would have the same kind of problems...hopefully it's an isolated issue. In the 2014 model year almost every coach had some window issues.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver, wind, window