Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2021, 09:37 AM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead-54 View Post
Whether one waste tank is higher or not is dependent on the year and model I guess. My 2012 Aspire RBQ has a pair of 60 gallon waste tanks and they are side-by-side....one is not higher than the other.
Yeah the op has the same year as me, I would imagine 2016 and newer with the macerator all have the same setup. But even on my '13 which had the two equal size tanks, the gray would still backflush the black.
voltdoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2021, 09:48 AM   #30

If I couldn’t flush it after the fact I wouldn’t do it. Although I carry a big blue boy (used once in 3 years) those of you who need something in a pinch (such as OP) could make a trip to Home Depot, Lowes, WalMart, etc. and invest in a couple of these with lids...poor man’s Blue Boy.
Attached Images

Motorhead-54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 11:07 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I also have the valve. But before I had the valve for years I would leave the cap on the dump fitting and open both valves. Close the valves, open the garden hose cap and drain into the slinky. Remove the cap and connect the slinky and drain back first then gray.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 04:24 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike&Chris View Post
We would like to do laundry but don’t have sewer at our current location. Is it possible to dump grey water into the black tank safely?
Yes you can do it but your black tank has to be empty and if you have no sewer you could not empty your black tank first so you would be no further ahead.
hpykmpr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 05:53 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpykmpr47 View Post
Yes you can do it but your black tank has to be empty and if you have no sewer you could not empty your black tank first so you would be no further ahead.

Please explain why the "black tank has to be empty".
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 09:01 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
It doesn’t have to be empty.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 12:29 PM   #35

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
It doesn’t have to be empty.

I was curious as to his/her reasoning. You never know when someone has a gold nugget of information that I never thought about.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 12:43 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post
Where you're at doesn't have a dump station? Really? You need to be more careful where you stay. These are NOT "campers", they ARE "motorhomes" designed to be in a resort or RV park with amenities and only brief stays dry camping. IMHO Good luck.
I am very careful about where I stay which is why I rarely stay in campgrounds and have only had full hook ups 1 time.

The reason I bought a large RV with large tanks is to avoid having to be stuck around other people. I bought a set up that I could easily go a full week of boondocking with no major conservation. On top of that I even remote work.

We go weeks and months of boondocking. Typically our stays are about a week at a time. We pack up, find a spot to dump wastes, and replenish supplies (water, food, fuel, etc) and then head to our next spot. My new tow vehicle has aux water and waste tanks so we can stay even longer.

For the OP, we have a permanently mounted glue on valve at our discharge. While I have not needed to combine our black tank, I do frequently combine our grey tanks.
Nwcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 02:48 AM   #37

Quote:
Perhaps I should rephrase that, I think the black tank should be emptied first.
We are on our 4 coach now and on our 2nd Entegra with the Macerator's.
Whenever I empty the tanks I have done the black first and then shut the lower valve off and open the grey valve, providing there is enough water in it to do so , it will force about half of what is in the grey tank into the black tank . The fuller the grey tank the more that will back flush into the black tank then I shut the grey valve and open the lower valve . This kind of gives a second surge of water in and out of the black tank flushing the dirty water out . Then I dump the remainder of the grey tank. My thoughts, if there is any material in the black tank when you open the grey it could force some of it into the grey tank which I do not think would be good so therefore I think it is best to dump the black before letting the grey water into it. I hope this explains my statement. Thanks.
hpykmpr47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, tank, water