Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2016, 03:41 PM   #1

DVD playing?

So how do I play a DVD to my outside tv? Do I use the player in the dash or the one in the fireplace? While I'm at it how do I play the gps on the overhead tv? I have a 2016 Anthem 44B.

Thanks in advance.
Mwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2016, 10:58 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
It depends on how your RV is wired for media. You'll have to consult Entegra owner's manual to see what TV is hooked to what sources.

As for the GPS, if by 'overhead TV' you mean one in eyesight of the driver likely it can't be turned on when in motion since it's not legal for TV in driver's view. What type of GPS do you have, is it part of the stereo/radio in dash? It might not have a video out signal that can be tied into a TV monitor.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 11:00 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
dude... for real?? you have a '16 44b,,,,an rv in the mulitples of 100'xs .... and no one explained how to make the magic of tv happening outside your rv within 59 posts?

call 1-800-entegra..... They will bend over backwards to help you push the right buttons.. no joke.

can't help much further...
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:16 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
The GPS on the TV....set the TV to "AUX" the in the GPS settings, look for a tab that will show the screen on AUX. Also remove the little black box the TV is plugged into and plug the TV directly unit the outlet. Or you could remove fuse #1 that is marked TV.

Found the instructions from Noel on the 2016's
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/gps-...ml#post3022990

Can't help with the outside TV, my Classic has an outside DVD player.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:23 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
dude... for real?? you have a '16 44b,,,,an rv in the mulitples of 100'xs .... and no one explained how to make the magic of tv happening outside your rv within 59 posts?

call 1-800-entegra..... They will bend over backwards to help you push the right buttons.. no joke.

can't help much further...
Some people sleep at night Also 3 hours different on the east coast.

As for calling Entegra with simple items, it is making the wait time on hold much longer. Much easier to find the answer on the forum, or check an owners manual. The search function on this form use to work great, but not so much anymore.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:07 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Some people sleep at night Also 3 hours different on the east coast.

As for calling Entegra with simple items, it is making the wait time on hold much longer. Much easier to find the answer on the forum, or check an owners manual. The search function on this form use to work great, but not so much anymore.
Nice coach though!! But I just would have figured this would have been working right out of the box and / or very simple to figure out.

You know how on the entry level tt's and coaches, some media stuff is cryptically difficult to figure out how to make work, and nothing is explained anywhere.

I figured all Entegra's came with their own fairy

totally teasing
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:34 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwillis View Post
So how do I play a DVD to my outside tv?
What Chuck said re: the GPS on the overhead, I did away with the black box. Sometimes I have to "reboot"(tm) my system to get it to project on the TV.

My 2015 has a DVD player in the SONY head unit outside - did they do away with that?
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:06 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
Nice coach though!! But I just would have figured this would have been working right out of the box and / or very simple to figure out.
That is one drawback to new Entegra owners, so much new equipment to learn, it is mind boggling. Do you want the over head TV to work on the GPS or "listen" to the ball game. The factory doesn't know, so they leave it set to TV, at least they did on mine. All I had to do was change the TV to AUX and the GPS took right off.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:09 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgguy View Post
What Chuck said re: the GPS on the overhead, I did away with the black box. Sometimes I have to "reboot"(tm) my system to get it to project on the TV.

My 2015 has a DVD player in the SONY head unit outside - did they do away with that?
I think the new 16's with the round radios no longer have the built in DVD. I think that is a Classic thing now.