Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2017, 04:15 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
EC-30 (Entergra)- Something New

Seems like there is always something new to learn...this time the Autogen function.

Mine wouldn't go from "Manual" to "Auto" when I pushed the button. I tried more things that I can remember trying to get it to work. Finally pulled out the manual; there is one line in there that suggests that if the coach is not "properly" put into the park and shutdown mode (whatever that means), Autogen will not engage. Folks,it not only won't engage, it isn't even available on the panel.

Finally, after thinking about that statement, I started the coach, disengaged the parking brake, re-engaged it, and shut the engine down. Amazingly, "Auto" was now available on the display, and it engaged properly, working through the night. Good, since the next 8 nights we'll be dry camping.

FYI and future use.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2017, 04:26 PM   #2

Thanks for the heads up... that might save us all from future frustration if this symptom occurs...
Sounds like it just needed a re-Start and it didn’t read the proper shut down process the first time...
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:32 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Not sure...I think maybe it has something to do with setting the brake, but I also have some ABS, and other, faults going on right now. Suppose it could have something to do with internal chassis communications. When you have an ABS Fault warning you never know if it is being caused by, or is causing, other weird stuff!
Old 11-17-2017, 04:48 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for that heads up Dave. I had the same thing this summer. I restarted the engine, then the AGS worked. Thanks for explaining why it happened, I didn't have a clue.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 05:02 PM   #5

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Thanks for that heads up Dave. I had the same thing this summer. I restarted the engine, then the AGS worked. Thanks for explaining why it happened, I didn't have a clue.
OK.. Just what does this Auto-Gen do? Air compressor or Generator?
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 05:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Not sure...I think maybe it has something to do with setting the brake, but I also have some ABS, and other, faults going on right now. Suppose it could have something to do with internal chassis communications. When you have an ABS Fault warning you never know if it is being caused by, or is causing, other weird stuff!
I get the ABS fault that will reset on its own, everyone suspects it is the mobile eye.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:08 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Automatically starts the generator when the battery voltage drops, or a need for A/C if not plugged in. Also starts the generator if shore power is lost.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:13 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
So you can stop the ABS fault sometimes by disconnecting the mobile eye (I hated mine, so this wasn't an issue). BTW, the mobile eye is a common cause for the ABS fault (don't know why). Poor chassis battery charging is a potential second cause (don'task how I know that!).

Two ways...less desirable, snip the wire below the window unit. The better, pull the electronics cover to the left of the steering wheel. There should be a plugged in wire with mobile eye on the wire. Unplug it, viola, no mobile eye. PS, if you cut the wire, the whole unit has to be replaced.

The above speaks to "classics".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselgem View Post
I get the ABS fault that will reset on its own, everyone suspects it is the mobile eye.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:09 PM   #9

There is a plug that is marked behind the dash panel also. I originally would reset the on off switch in the rear bay where the chassis battery's are located. Then realized it would just go away after several starts. I have not had it for awhile now. Even though it erases the fault, it shows a communications error when tested.
Dieselgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 09:11 PM   #10

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Automatically starts the generator when the battery voltage drops, or a need for A/C if not plugged in. Also starts the generator if shore power is lost.
OK on ours one switch is labeled start/stop and the other one is auto/manual.. both switches are the rocker style with pilot lights showing setting.
I had gotten confused as to what the parking brake & leveling had to do with the generator operations.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
OK on ours one switch is labeled start/stop and the other one is auto/manual.. both switches are the rocker style with pilot lights showing setting.
I had gotten confused as to what the parking brake & leveling had to do with the generator operations.

Entegras are set up different than your Foretravel. We only have one switch and you can only set auto start for 30 day’s then you have to cycle the ignition and reset the auto start system.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:14 PM   #12

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Entegras are set up different than your Foretravel. We only have one switch and you can only set auto start for 30 day’s then you have to cycle the ignition and reset the auto start system.
Thnx,,, learn something new every day...and a few things over and over again...
Old 11-19-2017, 12:31 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Seems like there is always something new to learn...this time the Autogen function.

Mine wouldn't go from "Manual" to "Auto" when I pushed the button. I tried more things that I can remember trying to get it to work. Finally pulled out the manual; there is one line in there that suggests that if the coach is not "properly" put into the park and shutdown mode (whatever that means), Autogen will not engage. Folks,it not only won't engage, it isn't even available on the panel.

Finally, after thinking about that statement, I started the coach, disengaged the parking brake, re-engaged it, and shut the engine down. Amazingly, "Auto" was now available on the display, and it engaged properly, working through the night. Good, since the next 8 nights we'll be dry camping.

FYI and future use.

At what voltage dose your genny start up at ?
airetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 12:37 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by airetop View Post
At what voltage dose your genny start up at ?
User sets the voltage when they would like the generator to start. I have mine set at 12.v