RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2020, 02:35 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Electric Engine Bay Door will not operate

I'm getting ready to head out and wanted to check fluids. I went to open engine bay and I'm not getting anything from the open side of switch. I can hear the motors engage when I tap the closed side. Anyone with any experience with this issue. I have already performed a total reset. Thanks

2019 Aspire 44R
2019 Club Car Onward
Hurleys RV is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2020, 03:43 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurleys RV View Post
I'm getting ready to head out and wanted to check fluids. I went to open engine bay and I'm not getting anything from the open side of switch. I can hear the motors engage when I tap the closed side. Anyone with any experience with this issue. I have already performed a total reset. Thanks

2019 Aspire 44R
To get the door open swap the wires and use the close side of the switch. Assuming it’s a bad switch.
Old 01-26-2020, 04:02 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
If that doesn't work there should be pins you can pull through the slats and release the motors so you can lift it manually. Making the door electric is about the dumbest thing Entegra has done!
Cousin Ed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 07:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Ed View Post
If that doesn't work there should be pins you can pull through the slats and release the motors so you can lift it manually. Making the door electric is about the dumbest thing Entegra has done!
I agree. I thought it was nice at first but their selection of motors on the first round failed miserably.

You can always go back to a manual lift with a couple shocks from Moryde.
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 09:47 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I agree with the electric door. Great idea but but does it really need to be electric. A simple latch and gas shocks would be enough for me. I just pulled into a coach care location for service and recall work. Iíll let them screw with it.
2019 Club Car Onward
Hurleys RV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 01:16 PM   #6

The motors get power from an autotive style 25 amp breaker, mounted on the rear bulkhead above the DEF tank.

We had a bad connection there. After a new switch didn't fix it, loosening, wiggling, and tightening those connections did.

2017 Entegra Aspire, 2008 Monaco Knight, 2000 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, electric, engine